Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12878129

Subject: "AYDMF: Mississippi couple arrested b4 ISIS honeymoon (swipe)" Previous topic | Next topic
SoWhat
Charter member
154163 posts
Wed Aug-12-15 11:40 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"AYDMF: Mississippi couple arrested b4 ISIS honeymoon (swipe)"

http://www.wsj.com/articles/two-mississippi-residents-arrested-for-allegedly-attempting-to-join-isis-1439304828

Yes, she's black.

Mississippi Couple Arrested for Allegedly Attempting to Join ISIS
Two were arrested boarding plane on first leg of travel to Turkey
By Devlin Barrett
Updated Aug. 11, 2015 3:11 p.m. ET

A young Mississippi couple has been arrested on charges they tried to travel to Syria to join Islamic State under the guise of being newlyweds on their honeymoon, according to court papers.

Jaelyn Delshaun Young, 20 years old, and Muhammad Oda Dakhlalla, 22, were arrested over the weekend when they tried to board a flight in their home state that was the first leg of their travel to Turkey. From there, according to the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the pair allegedly planned to sneak across the border to Syria.

According to an affidavit from an FBI agent, investigators had been monitoring the couple since May, including Ms. Young’s Twitter feed, which led to online conversations between her and an undercover FBI employee.

In those conversations, Ms. Young said she was interested in swearing allegiance to Islamic State and in giving medical aid to the injured in Syria, according to the affidavit.

“I am skilled in math and chemistry and worked at an analytical lab here at my college campus,’’ Ms. Young allegedly wrote. “My partner is very good with like computer science/media.’’

She allegedly told another undercover FBI employee that her partner “wants to help with media group…U.S. media is all lies when regarding (Islamic State).’’

In the same conversation, according to the affidavit, she expressed hope that the two would be in Syria by the end of July, saying, “Our story will be that we are newlyweds on our honeymoon.’’

Mr. Dakhlalla’s lawyer declined to comment. Ms. Young’s lawyer didn’t immediately respond to requests for comment.

A judge ordered Ms. Young and Mr. Dakhlalla to remain in custody Tuesday after a court hearing. Both were charged with attempting to provide material support to a terrorist group. If convicted, they face a maximum prison sentence of 20 years.

In an online conversation on July 17, Ms. Young allegedly praised the shooting attacks on two military sites in Chattanooga, Tenn., that killed four Marines. A Navy sailor later died from wounds suffered during the attacks.

When the Mississippi couple was stopped by agents at the Golden Triangle Regional Airport this weekend, the pair admitted they were trying to join Islamic State in Syria, according to the FBI affidavit.

The arrests are the latest in a growing list of cases filed against alleged U.S. supporters of Islamic State and other Syria-based terror groups.

Separately, a 21-year-old Illinois man pleaded guilty Tuesday to attempting to travel overseas to join Nusra Front, another terrorist group operating in Syria. Abdella Ahmad Tounisi was arrested at a Chicago airport in April 2013 as he attempted to board a flight for Istanbul.

fuck you.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
*SMDH*
Aug 12th 2015
b/c she black.
Aug 12th 2015
      i read somewhere she wanted to be a medic.
Aug 12th 2015
      ah okay.
Aug 12th 2015
      she over here polishing her resume
Aug 12th 2015
      damn. lol
Aug 12th 2015
      Actually to me it makes more sense that she is
Aug 12th 2015
Black woman will join ISIS for the white* man, won't fix a plate for...
Aug 12th 2015
^ sees it.
Aug 12th 2015
Fixed
Aug 12th 2015
haha
Aug 12th 2015

Marbles
Member since Oct 19th 2004
22325 posts
Wed Aug-12-15 12:16 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "*SMDH*"
In response to Reply # 0

I'm trying to figure out why I find this story to be so much more bizarre than the other clowns who have tried to join ISIS.

SoWhat
Charter member
154163 posts
Wed Aug-12-15 12:28 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "b/c she black."
In response to Reply # 1

fuck it...that's why *i* find this story so odd. LOL

i keep wondering what she thought ISIS would do w/her. i haven't heard about wonderful opportunities for advancement for women w/in that org. but maybe i'm not up on it.

fuck you.

NikaMandela
Charter member
35230 posts
Wed Aug-12-15 12:55 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
6. "i read somewhere she wanted to be a medic."
In response to Reply # 2

SoWhat
Charter member
154163 posts
Wed Aug-12-15 01:14 PM

8. "ah okay."
In response to Reply # 6

fuck you.

akon
Charter member
27010 posts
Wed Aug-12-15 12:58 PM

7. "she over here polishing her resume"
In response to Reply # 2

>i keep wondering what she thought ISIS would do w/her. i
>haven't heard about wonderful opportunities for advancement
>for women w/in that org. but maybe i'm not up on it.

“I am skilled in math and chemistry and worked at an analytical lab here at my college campus,’’ Ms. Young allegedly wrote. “My partner is very good with like computer science/media.’’

http://perspectivesudans.blogspot.com/
i myself would never want to be god,or even like god.Because god got all these human beings on this planet and i most certainly would not want to be responsible for them, or even have the disgrace that i made them.

SoWhat
Charter member
154163 posts
Wed Aug-12-15 01:14 PM

9. "damn. lol"
In response to Reply # 7

fuck you.

Atillah Moor
Member since Sep 05th 2013
13825 posts
Wed Aug-12-15 01:52 PM

10. "Actually to me it makes more sense that she is"
In response to Reply # 2

Black people being among the most disenfranchised make for easy recruitment it would seem. Never mind the fact that Islam is just as black as Judeo/Christianity and voila.

The FBI is probably monitoring black folks and Arabs in general quite closely.

Everything looks like Oprah kissing Harvey Weinstein these days

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
13618 posts
Wed Aug-12-15 12:32 PM

3. "Black woman will join ISIS for the white* man, won't fix a plate for..."
In response to Reply # 0
Wed Aug-12-15 12:34 PM by flipnile

...the black man.

* yeah, I know he's Arab or whatever, but my joke works better with "white vs. black"

SoWhat
Charter member
154163 posts
Wed Aug-12-15 12:33 PM

4. "^ sees it."
In response to Reply # 3

fuck you.

Wonderl33t
Member since Jul 11th 2002
21405 posts
Wed Aug-12-15 12:49 PM

5. "Fixed"
In response to Reply # 3

>...the able-bodied black man.

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
80097 posts
Wed Aug-12-15 01:54 PM

11. "haha"
In response to Reply # 3

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Lobby General Discussion topic #12878129 Previous topic | Next topic