Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Organix topic #1488

Subject: "Workouts for Overweight people" Previous topic | Next topic
TR808
Member since Oct 24th 2012
1667 posts
Tue Feb-02-16 06:40 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Workouts for Overweight people"

Anyone got any suggestions on workouts for someone who is really at Zero when it comes to level of activity???

I have a back injury which really has attributed to my weight gain.

Aside from that I dont eat well... so there is that also...

I know I need to lose weight but i am overwhelmed at just the starting of it all.

I'm a hard rock... chewing on a pebble..

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
well i would start on activities you actually like to do...
Feb 03rd 2016
what does your commute look like?
Feb 07th 2016
Thanks!!!!
Feb 10th 2016
Sworkit on App Store or Android
Feb 29th 2016

StephBMore
Member since Sep 11th 2014
1345 posts
Wed Feb-03-16 12:32 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "well i would start on activities you actually like to do..."
In response to Reply # 0

like bicycling, tennis, swimming...do you have an activity you actually like to do? if it's swimming, then i'd suggest doing that once a week for a month, then doing it twice a week, and so on so forth to build up momentum and to train yourself into going to a gym for exercise. If it's something you like, you're more incline to do it more often.

Then because you have back pain, i'd suggest getting involved in yoga. It's a great way to stretch and relieve pressure on your back and other aches PLUS you can do it at home. between these two items, it will start you to thinking about exercise and will get you into a habit of doing these things. Then you can start adding other work outs or exercises.

i think it's hard to start cold turkey so starting with something you like to do is always easiest.

grape
Member since Mar 01st 2005
1055 posts
Sun Feb-07-16 11:37 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "what does your commute look like?"
In response to Reply # 0

are you able to use public transportation or walk or cycle (upright) to work? someone asked me the other day how i get motivated to cycle to work. well, 1). i love doing it, i love being outside, it's good exercise, and add an ipod, and i'm in heaven...but 2). if i don't cycle, walk, take the bus or train, i'm not going to have a job. i don't own a car, and i really don't want one because i hate driving. :/

basically, get active and just build on it; incorporate physical activity into your lifestyle.

TR808
Member since Oct 24th 2012
1667 posts
Wed Feb-10-16 12:34 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "Thanks!!!!"
In response to Reply # 2

I guess I really know I should be doing SOMETHING but its better to take it when you hear someone else say it..

my commute is a 30 minute drive local transpo is out of the question it would be 2 hours by bus...

but what I will start doing is when i get home at night go walking...

eventually hopefully that will lead to running.. i used to like that before i got hurt

I'm a hard rock... chewing on a pebble..

Mr. ManC
Member since Jan 26th 2009
11570 posts
Mon Feb-29-16 08:28 PM

4. "Sworkit on App Store or Android"
In response to Reply # 0

free app which is like a spotify for workouts.

just enter your body details, select a type of workout and hit play. If something comes up you can't do just skip to the next one.

SUPA NERD LLC.
Knowledge Meets Nature
Musica Negra
#13irteen

Lobby Organix topic #1488 Previous topic | Next topic