Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Make The Music topic #49267

Subject: "RE: J Dilla Tributes." Previous topic | Next topic
Earl Flynn
Member since Dec 08th 2005
28751 posts
Tue Apr-01-14 11:04 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"RE: J Dilla Tributes."

Big Sis wrote.....

"You know what, I have people telling me that it needs to be "approved" for there to be a tribute to my brother. This sickens me, James was not like that and our family has never been that way. Anyone who wants to pay tribute to my brother from their heart, do it!! That's how HE would have wanted it . I want those that loved him to be able to love him from coast to coast without there being an issue. And anyone that says anything otherwise...you know what you can do!"

............. My thing is the tributes that are done in small places with loyal, loving fans...obviously if someone is selling tickets to something comparable to The Fenmore (Filmore) then that would raise some eyebrows. But any time that you are representing someone who had the heart that he had for music and people, then it's a slippery slope when you begin to make the love of music he had as a profitable commodity at every angle. Some things are to be left alone in honor of him.

-Martha Nicole Yancey

This is why I gets down with Big Sis.....

Each progressive spirit is opposed by a thousand mediocre minds appointed to guard the past. ~
Maurice Maeterlinck

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Lobby Make The Music topic #49267 Previous topic | Next topic