Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports Okay Sports Archives topic #17290

Subject: "Excellent article on J-Will" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
bignick
Charter member
24054 posts
Fri May-11-01 08:38 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Excellent article on J-Will"

http://www.latimes.com/sports/times/20010511/t000039701.html

bignick

"Oswald was a fag."
McManus

Flagrant Foul

b. If contact committed against a player, with or without the ball, is interpreted to be unnecessary and excessive, a flagrant foul - penalty (2) will be assessed. A personal foul is charged to the offender and a team foul is charged to the team.
PENALTY: (1) Two free throws shall be attempted and the ball awarded to the offended team on either side of the court at the free throw line extended.

-From The Official NBA Rules

Printer-friendly copy | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Excellent article on J-Will
May 11th 2001
J-Will = Eminem
May 11th 2001
RE: J-Will = Eminem
May 11th 2001

DonKnutts
Charter member
27064 posts
Fri May-11-01 08:53 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "RE: Excellent article on J-Will"
In response to Reply # 0

another one:
http://espn.go.com/magazine/friend_20010509.html

native_son
Charter member
776 posts
Fri May-11-01 12:16 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "J-Will = Eminem"
In response to Reply # 0

i think it was in the espn article, j-will references a line from an eminem song and it struck me that both of these figures are very similiar; both are white males in predominantly black fields, both are lauded for their skills but neither puts those skills to 'good' use, both have troubled family lives and problems with their mother, both exhibit antisocial tendencies, and both are heavily under media scrutiny and reacted angrily against it.

i wonder if is not so much that these two are anomalies but rather that J-will and emiminem hail the coming of a generation of angry whiteboys.

your thoughts

native son

DonKnutts
Charter member
27064 posts
Fri May-11-01 12:26 PM

3. "RE: J-Will = Eminem"
In response to Reply # 2

yeah, in the ESPN article he quotes Em "The Way I Am."

but the comparison is definitely valid. I mean, these guys get an inordinate amount of media attention, which is due in large part to their whiteness... jason williams is not even one of the top 10 PG's in the league.

Lobby Okay Sports Okay Sports Archives topic #17290 Previous topic | Next topic