Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson The Lesson Archives topic #18854

Subject: "M on MTV.com" This topic is locked.
Search result list | First match | Last match
Spyder7
Charter member
3616 posts
Tue Oct-01-02 05:56 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"M on MTV.com"

Prince filed a federal copyright infringement lawsuit against a Seattle Webmaster on Thursday, claiming that his site had posted downloads to unauthorized songs. The Webmaster denies this claim.

"All I did was link directly to songs ," Matthew Lankford said. "And I've been unemployed for the last year. I live in a studio apartment in downtown Seattle. They're basically suing me for my Top Ramen money."

Thirty-three-year-old Lankford, who runs the Me'shell Ndegeocello fan site FreeMyHeart.com, said that he linked to upwards of 50 recordings from another Web site which were taken from Prince's Xenophobia live concert performances this past June. Since Prince is seeking damages of $150,000 per song, that could total up to $7.5 million.

However, Prince's lawyer said that it wasn't just links that irked the Purple One. "Lankford had both sound files and links to other sites," Jerry Blackwell said. "And some of those links were to other sites that he directed and controlled."

Lankford, who disputes having any control over the other Web sites, said that he first got word that Prince's camp was upset with his activities when he received a notice in mid-August via Prince's NPG Music Club, which notified him that he had violated the singer's copyright and demanded the removal of unauthorized music.

Lankford then sent a letter in response which convinced Prince's lawyers that it would take a court action to stop him, since he wrote, "Until my Internet Service Provider says 'No,' or until I receive a judge's decision that says 'No,' I will continue doing what Prince promised in 1995 by freeing the music in a non-profit format."

The Webmaster argued that he wasn't bootlegging, but file-sharing, noting that the entire week of Xenophobia concerts were already being sold as bootlegs elsewhere on the Internet. Lankford then wrote, "My putting up a track or two a day of unreleased material for the 500 people that visit FreeMyHeart.com per day isn't going to harm Prince financially in any way whatsoever. In fact, I put up a link for folks to support Prince by purchasing his most recent album."

Prince's camp next notified Lankford's ISP provider Affinity, who took down his Web site for a month under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. Lankford removed the links and had his access restored in mid-September, only to find that the matter, as far as Prince was concerned, was still unresolved.

"Yes, the files are gone," Prince lawyer Blackwell said. "But since he said he would link to every bootleg site he could find, it could happen again. He intends to keep on doing this. We could shut down his site today, and another would pop up tomorrow."

Consequently, Prince's Paisley Park Enterprises filed the suit in U.S. District Court of Minnesota, alleging that there was an "ongoing infringement." Even though any files or links are nowhere to be found on Lankford's site at present, Prince's lawsuit alleges that he "continues to willfully infringe Plantiff's copyright and has indicated that he will continue to infringe Plantiff's copyrights once his Web site is back online."

Lankford, who has discussed the matter with Prince's lawyers, says that he's confused why they're going after him and not the original Web site which posted the music files to begin with. His defense ? that he didn't post the files, and that he took the links down ? seems to have made no impact, he said. Prince's lawsuit claims that by directing his users to the other Web site, he gave access to copyrighted music and allowed others to make copies and transmissions, thereby violating the Copyright Act.

"There are hundreds of bootleggers out there," Blackwell said. "We can't find them all. But we do try to get the ones we do find to act responsibly. is spending his entire day providing unauthorized music to people. He could certainly get authorized music and do the same thing. There's a fan club for that.

"Why he doesn't get a regular job, I do not know," he continued. "He thinks he's a modern day Robin Hood. But I don't think anybody who has a legitimate job and works for a paycheck would willingly be robbed of that check, and that's what's happening to artists. And we'll take whatever measures we have to get them to stop."

—Jennifer Vineyard
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1457884/20021001/prince.jhtml?headlines=true

"I've seen a million faces and I've rocked them all."

"Shit, this board is full of villians enough to start a Legion Of Doom AND A Brotherhood of Evil"--DawgEatah

http://agitreader.com/wp2/
We are NOT a blog. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Printer-friendly copy | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
this shit
Oct 01st 2002
I have no sympathy for Prince's idiocy.
Oct 01st 2002
Prince is a dick
Oct 01st 2002
well damn!!!
Oct 01st 2002
Nothing Funnier
WhiteMansion
Oct 02nd 2002
hmmmm
Oct 01st 2002
*in Cedric the Entertainer voice*
Oct 01st 2002
Hopefully..
Oct 02nd 2002
All the best, Brutha...
Oct 02nd 2002
RE: M on MTV.com
Oct 02nd 2002
my thoughts exactly...
Oct 02nd 2002
      Word!
Oct 02nd 2002
Rainbow Children
Oct 02nd 2002
RE: Rainbow Children
Oct 02nd 2002
yeah, I saw that.
Oct 02nd 2002
Oct 02nd 2002
wow
Oct 02nd 2002
Dude said...
Oct 02nd 2002
I saw M on MTV2 last night....
Oct 02nd 2002
this is why i don't fuck with prince much anymore
Oct 02nd 2002
RE: this is why i don't fuck with prince much anymore
Oct 02nd 2002
      lol...leave it to jeflee
Oct 02nd 2002
      Is he still represented by...
Oct 02nd 2002
Oct 02nd 2002
You gotta fight the powers at be (c) Isley's
Oct 02nd 2002
Dude! I thought that was prolly
Oct 02nd 2002
I think we all saw it coming
Oct 02nd 2002
God...they still don't get it.
Oct 02nd 2002
you should go on Stern
Oct 02nd 2002
      *archive*
Oct 02nd 2002
      LOL
Oct 02nd 2002
      good lord & bertie
Oct 02nd 2002
      classic.
Oct 02nd 2002
      Funniest shit ive seen in a while!
Oct 02nd 2002
Oct 02nd 2002
everyone email Blackwell
Oct 02nd 2002
      My letter to J Blackwell
Oct 02nd 2002
           Sorry, but Prince is Right
WhiteMansion
Oct 02nd 2002
           You sound
Oct 02nd 2002
                I forgot
WhiteMansion
Oct 02nd 2002
                     somebody needs to
Oct 02nd 2002
                          M Fags Coming Out The Closet
WhiteMansion
Oct 02nd 2002
           My letter to J Blackwell
WhiteMansion
Oct 02nd 2002
                you need jesus.
Oct 02nd 2002
                RE: My letter to J Blackwell
Oct 02nd 2002
                     M Fag # 23
WhiteMansion
Oct 02nd 2002
                          RE: M Fag # 23
Oct 02nd 2002
Robbing??
Oct 02nd 2002
i'm looking for.....
Oct 02nd 2002
somebody post a Prince mp3 n/m
Oct 02nd 2002
m on MTV-tv
Oct 02nd 2002
Stunt
WhiteMansion
Oct 02nd 2002
      I see. "THEY" are actin like fools
Oct 02nd 2002
           M Fag #1
WhiteMansion
Oct 02nd 2002
                Why do you lie so much
Oct 02nd 2002
                     4 real
WhiteMansion
Oct 02nd 2002

UrbanCowgRRL
Charter member
8764 posts
Tue Oct-01-02 06:04 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "this shit"
In response to Reply # 0

is becoming ridiculous!
good luck m!

much love,
Kyle

if you got beef: http://www.okayplayer.com/guidelines.html

"but why oh why do you feel you need to take over the world when you already rule? " ~ calamity june

and thats that.

much love,
Kyle

Detroit..Let's GO!!! May 12th Dilla Walk for Lupus...Belle Isle...

http://walk.lupusresearch.org/goto/blackeyedskeez

Even a Dollar can HELP..

http://www.myspace.com/jedikyle
http://www.detroitderbygirls.com/

bluetiger
Charter member
36728 posts
Tue Oct-01-02 06:13 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "I have no sympathy for Prince's idiocy."
In response to Reply # 0

and now for these:
"sitting
shotgun
with eternity
in a
stolen car
she's
rockin' rings around eyes and fingers
my sighs linger
with personal ghosts
blank faces hold host
to things i tried to
make myself forget"
- hunuh

Theme Song Of The Moment: Talib Kweli - "Waiting For The DJ"

♀¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤♀

don't be fkn evil.

DrNO
Charter member
25381 posts
Tue Oct-01-02 06:16 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
3. "Prince is a dick"
In response to Reply # 0

he didnt lose a dime because of M, good luck M

and whats that robin hood shit gotta do with anything?

_
http://youtube.com/watch?v=4TztqYaemt0
http://preptimeposse.blogspot.com/

KayDee
Charter member
25731 posts
Tue Oct-01-02 06:21 PM

4. "well damn!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

hold ya head m....they're jus threatenin w/the suit, they know damn well you ain't got no 7mil....jus a scare tactic to get you to comply w/them.

Prince does come off as a hypocrite on this one tho....

WhiteMansion

Wed Oct-02-02 06:16 AM

40. "Nothing Funnier"
In response to Reply # 4

name an individual that is not a hypocrite and I will show you a liar.
this dont look like no scare tactic

>
>hold ya head m....they're jus threatenin w/the suit, they
>know damn well you ain't got no 7mil....jus a scare tactic
>to get you to comply w/them.
>
>Prince does come off as a hypocrite on this one tho....

>6. prince, npgmc, m and
paisley park are assholes,
control
>freaks, and this behavior is
indicative of a failing
>corporation struggling (too
late) to meet the effects of
>supply and demand, and to
recover losses that are not
>deserved.

the_lorax
Charter member
1353 posts
Tue Oct-01-02 06:32 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
5. "hmmmm"
In response to Reply # 0

altho prince has every right to do this....its still retarded on his part. i dont really see what prince plans on gaining by doing this.

Mynoriti
Charter member
38817 posts
Tue Oct-01-02 06:37 PM

6. "*in Cedric the Entertainer voice*"
In response to Reply # 0

FUCK PRINCE!

BigReg
Charter member
62390 posts
Wed Oct-02-02 12:14 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
7. "Hopefully.."
In response to Reply # 0

You get a cheap lawyer. Good luck ma We ought to boycott the purple arrogant one.

Jehan
Charter member
10000 posts
Wed Oct-02-02 12:36 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
8. "All the best, Brutha..."
In response to Reply # 0

Keep ya head up, they just tryna frighten you. Don't be scurred...

J

Remedial
Charter member
6459 posts
Wed Oct-02-02 01:44 AM

9. "RE: M on MTV.com"
In response to Reply # 0

Only positive thing I can see coming from this is that someone may want to offer M a job due to his new found notoriety. I think he needs to milk this for all he can. Do Oprah or something.

Come to grips with the fact that most OKP's are of the Nut Hugger lineage, so, if you' re not part of the little cliques that exist 'round here, your posts will probably tank like Souljaboy's album sales.

missesjones
Charter member
8356 posts
Wed Oct-02-02 05:58 AM

37. "my thoughts exactly..."
In response to Reply # 9

this is publicity...it's now a really big story...if it was me, i'd probably be on dateline, nightline, oprah, geraldo, connie chung, good morning america, and every other goddamn show on the planet.

::::::::::::::::

::::::::::::::::

go ladies! go ladies! go ladies! go ladies!
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
http://smack-magazine.com/girlswithguitars.html

cat power | the greatest
the gossip | standing in the way of control
hot chip | the warning
diplo | fabric live.24
les rhythmes digitales | dark dancer

daps1
Charter member
4520 posts
Wed Oct-02-02 08:59 AM

49. "Word!"
In response to Reply # 37

Since the man supposedly has no money, he can reap the benefits by really blowing this issue up.

Maybe real.com can hook him up with a job up here. BTW, it is becoming difficult for heads to find a job up here in Seattle.

He better shout out OKP.com if he chops it up with Katie Couric!

Good luck.

"I got into hip hop when I first
ordered Wu-Tang forever from
my Dad's Columbia House music
catalog" (c) JRennolds

SPADE
Charter member
4745 posts
Wed Oct-02-02 01:47 AM

10. "Rainbow Children"
In response to Reply # 0

I wouldn't have brought the Rainbow Children if it wasn't for M cause the last couple of Prince albums have been crap. I don't get why this fool is coming after such a fan like M. Wouldn't it be a kick if Me'shell would help in his defense?

Modern day Robin Hood??? LOL. More like a modern day Pied Piper.

Scrapluv
Charter member
14809 posts
Wed Oct-02-02 03:15 AM

19. "RE: Rainbow Children"
In response to Reply # 10

>I wouldn't have brought the Rainbow Children if it wasn't
>for M cause the last couple of Prince albums have been crap.
> I don't get why this fool is coming after such a fan like
>M. Wouldn't it be a kick if Me'shell would help in his
>defense?
>
i know, it's ironic right? to think m was one of the cats that helped convince me to take a chance and purchase rainbow children

Binlahab
Charter member
182954 posts
Wed Oct-02-02 01:48 AM

11. "yeah, I saw that."
In response to Reply # 0

dude looks like Moby's older brother.

Prince is a dickhead, I'm downloading all his shit from now on.

on sabbatical.

does it really matter?

wonder what bin's doing?
http://i.imgur.com/phECCMp.jpg

synonomous
Charter member
3405 posts
Wed Oct-02-02 02:08 AM

12. "RE: M on MTV.com"
In response to Reply # 0

For real, I would have SWORN this was a joke, until i saw the link. this is some cowpiss man. m had a very legit point, why not go after the person actually offering the mp3s?

fill up your mind with all it can know
don't forget that your body will let it all go

aim: okplayer greg

DumbNice
Charter member
2537 posts
Wed Oct-02-02 02:09 AM

13. "wow"
In response to Reply # 0

I really don't know what to say on that but good luck. That's fucked up fareal.

I've got 3D sterophonic laser love you're on my TV.

Improv
Charter member
85480 posts
Wed Oct-02-02 02:37 AM

14. "Dude said..."
In response to Reply # 0

Why doesn't M get a real job...classic and lawyers wonder why folks don't like them...

I'm not an american. I'm a New Yorker...

“Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”---George Carlin

wise
Member since Aug 09th 2002
4818 posts
Wed Oct-02-02 02:41 AM

15. "I saw M on MTV2 last night...."
In response to Reply # 0
Wed Oct-02-02 03:20 AM

I really feel for him...He seems real sincere about everything he does...I hope he keeps his head up....
........prayers are with ya bruh!.....................

------------------------------------------------------------
"This nigga would wet his pants and melt the 6 Snickers in his back pocket if Pimp C asked him to say what he typed to his face."--DeePhunk on
Bol the Blogger

BrainChild
Charter member
25933 posts
Wed Oct-02-02 02:46 AM

16. "this is why i don't fuck with prince much anymore"
In response to Reply # 0

he doesn't respect the people that have put food on his table for the last 25 years... shown him the support he needed to get that studio built in Chanhassen, the support needed to continue playing to sold out crowds across the globe.

i mean, yeah, m was slightly in the wrong for posting the mp3s, especially since he should have known that prince isn't scared to threaten legal action against his "fams," but still, there are much better ways to go about this than going after someone who continues to put up with his bad business practices, music of declining quality, and <3 (f)or $.

good luck, m. you've been doing the prince online community a great service for at least 7 years and have kept us all informed of his actions, releases, tours, and have even defended him in newspapers even when he didn't really deserve it (yeah man, i still remember that letter you wrote in regards to that Emancipation review).

keep your head up man.

and uhh... lemme know the minute that NYC Me'shell date is confirmed (not the GMHC one, the other one)

----
perpetual.motion
coming fall/winter 2002

normalcy
coming spring/summer 2003

--me--
www.djbrainchild.com
www.gordongartrellradio.com
www.twitter.com/djbrainchild

jefleejohnson
Charter member
18315 posts
Wed Oct-02-02 02:49 AM

18. "RE: this is why i don't fuck with prince much anymore"
In response to Reply # 16

Im emailing Princes lawyer.

And telling him that his files are all on the mp3 servers. They need to wake up

Au80: the Gold Standard in Hip Hop and R&B.
10-12 PM CST

http://kanm.tamu.edu

Foley-Time:Clock of Da Universe (it comes out when it dro

haji rana pinya
Charter member
53604 posts
Wed Oct-02-02 03:27 AM

20. "lol...leave it to jeflee"
In response to Reply # 18

to even have that email addy!

FREE M!

www.dumhi.com

Jehan
Charter member
10000 posts
Wed Oct-02-02 03:38 AM

22. "Is he still represented by..."
In response to Reply # 18

... L. Londell Macmillan?

Brutha M, you oughta look into attorneys that would work this gratuitously, earning payment-in-kind solely from the publicity angle (indubitably many of them would *love* to speak for you on MTV News et al).

Who acted in defense of the mulitiple anti-Napster suits?

haji rana pinya
Charter member
53604 posts
Wed Oct-02-02 02:47 AM

17. "RE: M on MTV.com"
In response to Reply # 0

Dont let Prince get your top ramen money dog!!!!

www.dumhi.com

nabi
Charter member
22241 posts
Wed Oct-02-02 03:28 AM

21. "You gotta fight the powers at be (c) Isley's"
In response to Reply # 0

friggin awful.

he's taking a page outta the Scientology book of "bully litigation".

Scarface_7
Charter member
10012 posts
Wed Oct-02-02 03:40 AM

23. "Dude! I thought that was prolly"
In response to Reply # 0

M when I caught the soundbite on the tele. Fuck Prince's stuck in 1989 ass anyway. Like Steven King says, fan love is the purest adoration you'll ever receive, Prince barring listners from sharing his art is selfish, silly, arrogant and melodramatic. He's just mad Mayte's with Tommy Lee now. Get that man some new pussy

..._...|..____________________, ,
....../ `---___________----_____|] = = = D @Warwizard

...../_==o;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//___//
..//___//
.//___//
COTW Afficianado, Dro

jefleejohnson
Charter member
18315 posts
Wed Oct-02-02 03:50 AM

24. "I think we all saw it coming"
In response to Reply # 23

I dont know how many Mp3's were on M's site but it was alot of Prince mp3s

Regardless of how bitchy it is to be doing this, its still legally in his court.

The thing is everybody gets hissy over control of someones "work" when it is on the net.

The best way to go thru this is talk to the people close to Prince rather than try to settle it thru Prince and his lawyers.

John Blackwell would be sympathetic to Matt's case.

Thats how Id handle this talk to Rhonda,Blackwell,Femi,Leeds,Meshell

and so forth.

Make it clear to them there is no money being transacted.

M just trust me on this. The best way is to talk your case to people close in Prince's circle. If that includes Mani? Then so be it. But you cant fight it thru just you and prince.

Because if you do Brah? You are sunk in legal bills.

10-12 PM CST

HotThyng76
Charter member
51232 posts
Wed Oct-02-02 03:56 AM

25. "God...they still don't get it."
In response to Reply # 0

oh well.

jefleejohnson
Charter member
18315 posts
Wed Oct-02-02 04:17 AM

27. "you should go on Stern"
In response to Reply # 25

Howard:So let me get this straight. Prince is suing you for links to some of his songs?

Artie:BUT you aint got any money

Robin:he has no MONEY??

M:Thats right.

Howard:Wait why dont you have a porno site? You aint gonna make any money off a music site.

Artie:Forget the mp3s go with the pornos man! How about some corey feldman downloads?

Stern:That guy wants to get everybody. Because his albums arent hot and he feels his fans are to blame. Maybe if he would stop making gay crap then he would get noticed.

Artie:Stop makin the GAY crap! Come on Prince!

Robin:Oh Dear

M:And thats not all. He is suing me for my soup money

STern:Wait soup money? Oh cmon.

M:I know. My soup money.

Stern:Well you need some hot naked chicks on your site havin sex with each other .

Artie:GET the naked chicks!! No more of this Michelle Nadu Wadu or whatever her name is

Stern:Wait hold on we have someone on the line

Caller:Hey you tell that Prince fag he did it to himself

Stern:prince fag? What do you mean?

Caller:I mean he is a fag a "prince fag" He thinks he can do anything to Prince

Artie:This is your wisdom. This is it. Whats your name

Caller:My name is White Mansion. You can call me that. All Prince fans are a buncha fags.

M:Raddie go back to the board to troll

Stern:You know this guy?

M:He needs to take his lithium

Caller:SHUT up fag! Shut up. YOU know why you are a Prince fag? Because your the faggiest of the fags. You dont know how to steal MP3's from Prince. I do fag.

Stern:So you take from prince?

Caller:Thats right. I got all his music

Artie:But wouldnt that make you a "Prince fag" BECAUSE you are listening to all his music as well.

Caller:Well. (PAUSE)...SHUT UP STERN FAG. Go back to Mad TV

Stern:Thats it Im hangin up on you. You are a straight up idiot.

Caller:YOU ALL are such FAGS!! Wait til I get off work from ARBYS you FAGS!! Im white styles you fags!

M:You see? This is the craziness you have to deal in the Prince universe

Artie:Im glad Im a fan of Pearl JAM. jESUS!

10-12 PM CST

Jehan
Charter member
10000 posts
Wed Oct-02-02 04:23 AM

29. "*archive*"
In response to Reply # 27

Bizarro subject
+
Classic responses
=
Deserving of preservation

DMAGON
Charter member
903 posts
Wed Oct-02-02 04:29 AM

30. "LOL"

funny shit...I could actually picture that happeneing.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
"I was so poor growin up...that if I wasn't a boy, I wouldn't have had anything to play with." - Rodney Dangerfield

morpheme
Charter member
94867 posts
Wed Oct-02-02 04:31 AM

31. "good lord & bertie"

questions/aRchivals/questionable archives:inbox

¤"don't i look like a halle berry pos-tah???"¤

HotThyng76
Charter member
51232 posts
Wed Oct-02-02 05:20 AM

33. "classic."

Mynoriti
Charter member
38817 posts
Wed Oct-02-02 07:52 AM

48. "Funniest shit ive seen in a while!"
Wed Oct-02-02 07:52 AM

hearing all their voices in my head is i read it lol

jose3030
Charter member
59165 posts
Wed Oct-02-02 04:05 AM

26. "RE: M on MTV.com"
In response to Reply # 0

let's also sue Alpine for offering a headunit for cars that plays the mp3s.

then after that, sue the speaker companies that "allowed" the mp3s to be played.

then after that.....

jefleejohnson
Charter member
18315 posts
Wed Oct-02-02 04:21 AM

28. "everyone email Blackwell"
In response to Reply # 26

jblackwell@blackwell-law.com

10-12 PM CST

jefleejohnson
Charter member
18315 posts
Wed Oct-02-02 04:54 AM

32. "My letter to J Blackwell"
In response to Reply # 28

Dear Mr Blackwell,

You are currently in litigation with my friend Matthew. Is it wise to go after somebody who merely is giving links to live files to a celebration that has already happened? The MONEY has already been made and the celebration is over. That logic is completely flawed.

It is currently strange to me why Prince is going after M. The fact is M has promoted Prince and his albums on his site and given links to purchase it. He did not get paid for that. He did that just out of respect for his work. Is that the mind of a "bootleg pirate"?

Wouldn't it be better time to invest in low profile bootleg labels rather than someone with a "hi lited" link to a music mp3 download? Wouldn't it be better time invested in going after the unauthorized Prince bootleg labels, Thunderball and Sabotage? We can only imagine how much money has been made with no catches from these labels over the years.

I'm not a man of the law but if you really want to be technical about it, going after Matthew is a scapegoat. Its an excuse to hide from the fact you are completely vulnerable from Bootleg Pirating of sales of illegal recordings. After all the money Prince has made he should understand that Mp3s like this are the least of his worries. He should be concerned with that "new assistant" he may have pissed off. Or a soundman he had a loud disagreement with. These are how things get leaked.

I wish the best for Prince. But lets get this straight: Matthew has no money and he is more of a supporter of Prince than yourself. Because he isnt some "Yes man" on a legal payroll. This case is going to go nowhere and all you will do is try to bankrupt Matt with legal fees. But I suggest you think otherwise. Because if you do try to bankrupt Matt, when he has nothing to show for linkin Prince Mp3s,Prince may see a full on music download of all his recorded works everywhere in sight. This case reeks of internet exploitation of one lone scapegoat instead of charging more malicious internet users who have sold Prince music directly on their site on CDR copies.

If the fans wanted to they could file a lawsuit against the poor business practice currently going underway in NPGMC site. Better Business Bureau would have a field day with all the violations that the NPGMC is currently involved in.

I dont expect to hear back from you, Mr Blackwell.
But Im sure you realize all the valid points I am making. What M did was wrong but what Prince did with undelivered NPGMC orders is even more damaging in consumer relations.

Have a positive purple day,

sincerely,

D.R. H

10-12 PM CST

WhiteMansion

Wed Oct-02-02 05:24 AM

34. "Sorry, but Prince is Right"
In response to Reply # 32
Wed Oct-02-02 05:53 AM

lol at all the sheep M has
Prince aint promised shit M
I hope they sue you for defamation also
you dummy

>6. prince, npgmc, m and
control
indicative of a failing
>deserved.

marsmunny
Charter member
1127 posts
Wed Oct-02-02 05:50 AM

35. "You sound"
In response to Reply # 34

so intelligent.

can you define "defamation?"

or "defamation of character?"

WhiteMansion

Wed Oct-02-02 05:54 AM

36. "I forgot"
In response to Reply # 35

u uptight niggas and wiggas dont allow typos
last I checked it was Prince's music to decide what he wants to do with it

>so intelligent.
>
>can you define "defamation?"
>
>or "defamation of character?"

>6. prince, npgmc, m and
control
indicative of a failing
>deserved.

marsmunny
Charter member
1127 posts
Wed Oct-02-02 06:01 AM

38. "somebody needs to"
In response to Reply # 36

pat you on the back. your record is skipping again.

nobody said M was right.
Prince and his organization are being tight asses. they are attacking M because he posted links to sites that *hosted* unreleased material.
I'll make this as simple as possible for you.
Why don't they bring down the sites that *host* the unreleased material.
They also fail to see where M constantly posts links to where you can legitimately by work from the artists that he posts.

if not for M (along with AFKAP and Fire) I would not have bought Rainbow Children and Joi's Starkitty's Revenge.
I don't like either of those selections but I bought them because I heard selections that were linked to M's site.
M has a right to promote Prince's work free of charge.

Ps.
Defamation
: the act of defaming another
Defame
1 archaic : DISGRACE
2 : to harm the reputation of by libel or slander

WhiteMansion

Wed Oct-02-02 06:13 AM

39. "M Fags Coming Out The Closet"
In response to Reply # 38

M dont work for Prince
It's general knowledge that Prince and his crew are tight asses
Did M really post LINKS that hosted unreleased material?
M dont work for Prince, it's that damn simple
Prince has every right to go after King Prince Fags
he was warned
besides if Prince is so damn washed up, why even bother putting up such horrible music on a meshell site in the first place?

>pat you on the back. your record is skipping again.
>
>nobody said M was right.
>Prince and his organization are being tight asses. they are
>attacking M because he posted links to sites that *hosted*
>unreleased material.
>I'll make this as simple as possible for you.
>Why don't they bring down the sites that *host* the
>unreleased material.
>They also fail to see where M constantly posts links to
>where you can legitimately by work from the artists that he
>posts.
>
>if not for M (along with AFKAP and Fire) I would not have
>bought Rainbow Children and Joi's Starkitty's Revenge.
>I don't like either of those selections but I bought them
>because I heard selections that were linked to M's site.
>M has a right to promote Prince's work free of charge.
>
>Ps.
>Defamation
>: the act of defaming another
>Defame
>1 archaic : DISGRACE
>2 : to harm the reputation of by libel or slander

>6. prince, npgmc, m and
control
indicative of a failing
>deserved.

WhiteMansion

Wed Oct-02-02 06:22 AM

41. "My letter to J Blackwell"
In response to Reply # 32

Dear Mr Blackwell,

I think you guys are doing a great job in pursing people that break the laws. I think you could speed things up faster, if you guys started to offer awards or bountys for turing in people like that dummy your suing. I hope you guys come down hard on him and also you should think about a libel case against him also for some of his recent quotes in the newspaper. Finally, when you are finish with that dummy, you should give him a job. This dummy always seems to think he works for Prince, so I suggest that he be punished by becoming the official Pasily Park Bitch.

Thanks

>Dear Mr Blackwell,
>
>You are currently in litigation with my friend Matthew. Is
>it wise to go after somebody who merely is giving links to
>live files to a celebration that has already happened? The
>MONEY has already been made and the celebration is over.
>That logic is completely flawed.
>
>It is currently strange to me why Prince is going after M.
>The fact is M has promoted Prince and his albums on his site
>and given links to purchase it. He did not get paid for
>that. He did that just out of respect for his work. Is that
>the mind of a "bootleg pirate"?
>
>Wouldn't it be better time to invest in low profile bootleg
>labels rather than someone with a "hi lited" link to a music
>mp3 download? Wouldn't it be better time invested in going
>after the unauthorized Prince bootleg labels, Thunderball
>and Sabotage? We can only imagine how much money has been
>made with no catches from these labels over the years.
>
>I'm not a man of the law but if you really want to be
>technical about it, going after Matthew is a scapegoat. Its
>an excuse to hide from the fact you are completely
>vulnerable from Bootleg Pirating of sales of illegal
>recordings. After all the money Prince has made he should
>understand that Mp3s like this are the least of his worries.
>He should be concerned with that "new assistant" he may have
>pissed off. Or a soundman he had a loud disagreement with.
>These are how things get leaked.
>
>I wish the best for Prince. But lets get this straight:
>Matthew has no money and he is more of a supporter of Prince
>than yourself. Because he isnt some "Yes man" on a legal
>payroll. This case is going to go nowhere and all you will
>do is try to bankrupt Matt with legal fees. But I suggest
>you think otherwise. Because if you do try to bankrupt Matt,
>when he has nothing to show for linkin Prince Mp3s,Prince
>may see a full on music download of all his recorded works
>everywhere in sight. This case reeks of internet
>exploitation of one lone scapegoat instead of charging more
>malicious internet users who have sold Prince music directly
>on their site on CDR copies.
>
>If the fans wanted to they could file a lawsuit against the
>poor business practice currently going underway in NPGMC
>site. Better Business Bureau would have a field day with all
>the violations that the NPGMC is currently involved in.
>
>I dont expect to hear back from you, Mr Blackwell.
>But Im sure you realize all the valid points I am making.
>What M did was wrong but what Prince did with undelivered
>NPGMC orders is even more damaging in consumer relations.
>
>
>Have a positive purple day,
>
>sincerely,
>
>D.R. H

>6. prince, npgmc, m and
control
indicative of a failing
>deserved.

broad
Member since Sep 12th 2002
23 posts
Wed Oct-02-02 06:26 AM

42. "you need jesus."
In response to Reply # 41

marsmunny
Charter member
1127 posts
Wed Oct-02-02 06:27 AM

43. "RE: My letter to J Blackwell"
In response to Reply # 41

I'd tell you to eat a dick but you already deep throating Blackwell.

WhiteMansion

Wed Oct-02-02 06:31 AM

44. "M Fag # 23"
In response to Reply # 43

>I'd tell you to eat a dick but you already deep throating
>Blackwell.

take that ebonics shit back to the ghetto

>6. prince, npgmc, m and
control
indicative of a failing
>deserved.

marsmunny
Charter member
1127 posts
Wed Oct-02-02 06:54 AM

46. "RE: M Fag # 23"
In response to Reply # 44

grow some nuts and stop holding on to mine.

*slams door and leaves post*

Warren Coolidge
Charter member
41998 posts
Wed Oct-02-02 06:53 AM

45. "Robbing??"
In response to Reply # 0

stealing someone's paycheck?

Wrong Prince.

If P wants to say M shouldn't have done that...that's fine. But to say that M has taken money or food from P's table...that's just silly..

P should learn to distinguish when he or is representatives are talking to folks in the music club, or "normal" folks" when they come with that puritanical holier then thou....stealing stuff to the masses...it comes off kind of silly...

This wasn't a smart move for P.....he's going after someone who has the support and sympathy of people who would have bought his new album...

now..

I'll just have someone burn it for me....lol.

kobe085
Charter member
2377 posts
Wed Oct-02-02 07:17 AM

47. "i'm looking for....."
In response to Reply # 0

any prince bootlegs i can find, that purple goon isn't getting any of my money any time soon (even if i do think he's a genius, most genius' are nutz)...

i might even burn my thrift store prince t-shirt...

daps1
Charter member
4520 posts
Wed Oct-02-02 09:05 AM

50. "somebody post a Prince mp3 n/m"
In response to Reply # 47

"I got into hip hop when I first
ordered Wu-Tang forever from
my Dad's Columbia House music
catalog" (c) JRennolds

sundasill
Charter member
13011 posts
Wed Oct-02-02 09:34 AM

51. "m on MTV-tv"
In response to Reply # 0

Fuck a dot-com they got him on the MTV News segment.
Video interview and all i feel sorry for him....
Prince that's way outtah control man

Yall share dat- Badu
N E E KeeP Makin music

From this point, I vow to

WhiteMansion

Wed Oct-02-02 10:19 AM

52. "Stunt"
In response to Reply # 51

I hate to say but
Prince and M both are acting like fools
M stop now, I hope you dont have family to embarass

>Fuck a dot-com they got him on the MTV News segment.
>Video interview and all i feel sorry for him....
>Prince that's way outtah control man

>6. prince, npgmc, m and
control
indicative of a failing
>deserved.

jefleejohnson
Charter member
18315 posts
Wed Oct-02-02 10:42 AM

53. "I see. "THEY" are actin like fools"
In response to Reply # 52

It all makes so much sense.

Werent you the one yellin out "Flour doggie" and starting race bait threads.

Raddie you have no say in who is foolish dept.

Because you are the chief of the whole dept.

You are what we see when we look up in Websters dictionary "what is foolish"

See Raddie,Warrior,Xenophobia"

Seriously how do you live yourself with spewing as much feces as you do daily?

10-12 PM CST

WhiteMansion

Wed Oct-02-02 10:49 AM

54. "M Fag #1"
In response to Reply # 53

I am not warrior or never was
They both are assholes, but I could care less because I am not trying to hear any of M's music
I could careless if Prince is an asshole or shuts websites down for using his image or his music
so be it
I cant help but laugh at M's comments in the press, what an asshole and a dummy
He reminds me of Dilbert, give me a break
M you where wrong, end of story.

>It all makes so much sense.
>
>Werent you the one yellin out "Flour doggie" and starting
>race bait threads.
>
>Raddie you have no say in who is foolish dept.
>
>Because you are the chief of the whole dept.
>
>You are what we see when we look up in Websters dictionary
>"what is foolish"
>
>See Raddie,Warrior,Xenophobia"
>
>Seriously how do you live yourself with spewing as much
>feces as you do daily?

>6. prince, npgmc, m and
control
indicative of a failing
>deserved.

jefleejohnson
Charter member
18315 posts
Wed Oct-02-02 11:04 AM

55. "Why do you lie so much"
In response to Reply # 54

Thats the next question.

You arent warrior and you arent white styles.
Even though he happens to post just right after you.
You're not a good liar. You are a straight drone.

10-12 PM CST

WhiteMansion

Wed Oct-02-02 11:15 AM

56. "4 real"
In response to Reply # 55

I am not warrior or whitestyle
I am WhiteMansion

>Thats the next question.
>
>You arent warrior and you arent white styles.
>Even though he happens to post just right after you.
>You're not a good liar. You are a straight drone.

>6. prince, npgmc, m and
control
indicative of a failing
>deserved.

Lobby The Lesson The Lesson Archives topic #18854Search result list | First match | Last match