Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby High-Tech topic #56002

Subject: "24 for PS2: first impressions" Search result list | First match | Last match
speck
Member since Jul 10th 2003
614 posts
Fri Mar-03-06 05:42 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"24 for PS2: first impressions"
Fri Mar-03-06 06:18 PM by speck

*edit: SPM already made the old post, pretty much*

so far it's pretty good, captures the show really well. controls are kinda wonky, but there are other configs to try. I like the fact that you aren't Jack the whole time. Minigames add the tension from the show. Can't wait for the torture segments. Just finished the first couple missions, but it's getting better and better.

hopefully this will hold over till monday.

has anyone else played this?

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
so far...
Mar 03rd 2006
people shot (hour 8)
Mar 04th 2006

speck
Member since Jul 10th 2003
614 posts
Fri Mar-03-06 11:15 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "so far..."
In response to Reply # 0

It's a pretty thorough recreation of the show. I'd really reccomend this game to all the Jack "mufuggin" Bauer fans out there. It fills in holes, and does a good job of keeping up the suspense of the show.

Yeah the hours move by pretty fuckin fast, but considering that the show has a whole bunch of dramatic moments, tense staredowns and the occasional commercial break, this is but a small gripe.

There are twists and turns, true to the show. I dont want to spoil anything for those who haven't played but you really feel as if Ryan Chappelle truly gets what's comin to him in the latter part of the show (for those who've seen it...)

Also, expect to see just about every familiar face from the series, the most loved and the most hated. Ya boy Aaron from the secret service makes a cameo as well. Though he hadn't spoken, I knew it was him. The game nails the details. Likenesses from the show are faithful, and you can tell the seasoned 24 vets from the newbs, though it's not all too bad. I will say this much though, Kim still manages to get in the way of everything.

You dont play the whole thing as Jack Bauer, as the perspective will switch between all the major CTU players. Though playing as the man is all well and good, the breaks from his perspective actually beg the question "is he finally taking a piss break?"

There are minor graphical issues, but I know this is no PS3 game so the gripes are easily overlooked. Forza motorsport this game is not. It actually feels something like 007: everything or nothing, but with interrogation, sniping, uplinks, and all things 24. The minigames actually add to the adaptation's likeness to the show.

So far so good, but I'll have more the deeper I get through

TheBeautifulDanger
Member since Oct 20th 2004
1838 posts
Sat Mar-04-06 02:19 PM

2. "people shot (hour 8)"
In response to Reply # 0

bauer: 0
cheney: 1

www.rapgodfathers.com/forum Referrer ---> okayplayer21

Lobby High-Tech topic #56002Search result list | First match | Last match