Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby High-Tech topic #47707

Subject: "Flash Animation: Can anyone help me?" Previous topic | Next topic
Lardlad95
Member since Jul 31st 2002
66340 posts
Mon Jan-02-06 02:23 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"Flash Animation: Can anyone help me?"

While my first love is the written word, some of my ideas don't work well without visuals. Of course I ahve a few problems.

1. While I really do want to write for TV and movies that is a bit far off for me

2. While I want to make comic books I'm only an ok artist, I'm no wear near good enough to make comics

3. It is difficult for me to fidn anyone to collaborate with because I don't know that many artists, and also being in highschool our schedules would conflict.

So I've settled on trying to make flash cartoons. While I've seen flash cartoons that suck...like Bin Laden in a blender, there are some really impressive things out there. Granted most of those people making the good shit were good artists to begin with. I just need something to tide me over for the time being until i can find a solid/stable collaborator.

So can anyone help?

"I have no country to fight for; my country is the earth, and I am a citizen of the world."-Eugene v. Debs

"Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative." -John Stuart Mill

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
practice.
Jan 02nd 2006
Interesting idea...I never considered that
Jan 02nd 2006
      yeah, start off slow tho...
Jan 03rd 2006
are you able to ink comics?
Jan 02nd 2006
motion tweens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 02nd 2006
Check yer inbox..... kidco.
Jan 03rd 2006

soulmatic09
Member since Oct 18th 2004
1565 posts
Mon Jan-02-06 04:11 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "practice."
In response to Reply # 0

that's basically what helped me out the most.

find a movie that you really like, break it down, and figure out how they did it. then try to recreate it.

that's the best flash education you can get, hands down. it'll teach you animation techniques, graphic techniques, actionscript, etc.

Lardlad95
Member since Jul 31st 2002
66340 posts
Mon Jan-02-06 05:06 PM

2. "Interesting idea...I never considered that"
In response to Reply # 1

"I have no country to fight for; my country is the earth, and I am a citizen of the world."-Eugene v. Debs

"Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative." -John Stuart Mill

soulmatic09
Member since Oct 18th 2004
1565 posts
Tue Jan-03-06 04:55 PM

5. "yeah, start off slow tho..."
In response to Reply # 2

some of the stuff can get crazy complex.

try getting some open source files, and try to figure it out it works first. if you hit a roadblock, *then* consult the open source file for a hint, but only a hint.

Invisiblist
Charter member
33760 posts
Mon Jan-02-06 07:07 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "are you able to ink comics?"
In response to Reply # 0

I've got something in the works. It's going to be really good, I think, if we can pull it off.

jetblack
Member since Nov 14th 2004
44804 posts
Mon Jan-02-06 08:10 PM

4. "motion tweens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

---
Stoicism and chill.
---
Stay +.
---

digitaljohnjohn
Member since Jul 15th 2003
704 posts
Tue Jan-03-06 11:45 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
6. "Check yer inbox..... kidco."
In response to Reply # 0

Lobby High-Tech topic #47707 Previous topic | Next topic