Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby High-Tech topic #46580

Subject: "SharePoint, Networking, SQL" Previous topic | Next topic
nuevonegro
Member since Aug 17th 2003
46 posts
Sat Dec-24-05 02:07 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"SharePoint, Networking, SQL"

If you had a suggestion on where should I start as far as training myself to learn some computer IT type service/software, what should I start with? I'm good with logic and was good with QBASIC back in the day in high school and have stayed with computers since then, but went to college and abandoned anything too serious.

Now, I just want to train myself for money-purposes, you know get an A+ or MCSE certification in something, just want recommendation on which one i should start with. i just want to start off w/ somethin thats not too involved. like if i wanted to learn (say) SQL, right, it would be hard to go straight to a job b/c if you look in the ads, it be like: "SQL, plus C++, w/ ASP.NET knowledge". and so i basically wanna know whats a good starter thing to do so i can utilize this brain: learn networking, sharepoint server, etc? after i get my feet wet, i'll obviously learn more languages and stuff, b/c at the end of the day, once you learn one, the logic in it is similar in any other language.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: SharePoint, Networking, SQL
Dec 24th 2005

Nopayne
Member since Jan 03rd 2003
52629 posts
Sat Dec-24-05 02:35 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "RE: SharePoint, Networking, SQL"
In response to Reply # 0

As far as certs go it sounds like you're leaning more towards MCSD rather than MCSE. MCSD focuses on programming which is what you'll be doing with ASP.NET and Sharepoint.

For a starting point I would do C#, then ASP.NET then SQL, then Sharepoint. At least, that's the order that I learned this stuff in. If you're planning on doing web development type stuff then there's really no point in learning C++ these days. On the MS side it's all VB.Net and C#. On the other side it's mostly Java/PHP programming.

===========================================
-Me

<----What OKP is listening to this week.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Lobby High-Tech topic #46580 Previous topic | Next topic