Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby High-Tech topic #43921

Subject: "Tablet PCs: Which ones are good? Are they worth it?" Previous topic | Next topic
blazing_sun
Member since Oct 19th 2004
8014 posts
Sun Dec-04-05 09:26 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"Tablet PCs: Which ones are good? Are they worth it?"

I'm thinking about getting a convertible one (tablet PC/laptop).

I'm having trouble finding one that's well rated, though.

Should I just get a laptop? Can you recommend a tablet PC?

<-----Me in GD.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
I've been using Gateway's M275 convertible for ~1 1/2 yrs now
Dec 05th 2005
i actually just came up with a COOL reason to get one
Dec 05th 2005

nonaime
Charter member
3118 posts
Mon Dec-05-05 07:12 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "I've been using Gateway's M275 convertible for ~1 1/2 yrs now"
In response to Reply # 0

It really depends on how you will be using it. It's great if you need to enter/access data while standing.

On campus, I know professors who keep it in the tablet mode even when they are at their desks. I know staff members who only use it at their desks and keep it in the laptop mode.

Your lifestyle will determine whether or not you should get a convertible or get a traditional laptop. Having said that, the m275 is a decent convertible, but they had hardware issues out the ying yang (premature hdd failures, bad card readers, weak hinges). I'm going to chalk that up to the convertible being a new form factor for Gateway (even though g'ways suck in general) and hope they can redeem themselves with the m280 and m285 (which I will be receiving shortly).

~~~~~~~~
A bad Samaritan averaging above average men (c) DOOM

Invisiblist
Charter member
33760 posts
Mon Dec-05-05 01:10 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "i actually just came up with a COOL reason to get one"
In response to Reply # 0

your home entertainment center. You know, you could have that bitch on your coffee table or whatever, hooked up to your TV and stereo, with touch-screen control of your audio and video.

Lobby High-Tech topic #43921 Previous topic | Next topic