Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby High-Tech topic #43830

Subject: "why is is so hard for programmers to get controls right?" Previous topic | Next topic
xangeluvr
Charter member
9014 posts
Sun Dec-04-05 01:56 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"why is is so hard for programmers to get controls right?"

seriously, what the fuck is so difficult in making sure that the controls in the game that you took years to develop actually work? when i press up, i want to go up. left, go left, dodge, then dodge, and if i hit the fucking slash button then my character damn well better be slicing motherfuckers with my sword. that is why you gave it to me, isn't it?

why is it that so few games and programmers get such a fundamental piece of the game right?

while i'm at, the fuck is it with camera angles in a game? video games have been around for how long and ya'll still ain't got a lock on that shit?

when somebody does get these two aspects right they need to make the code open source so that everyone can use it. that'll save a lot of gaming frustration.

this post is inspired by PoP: The Two Thrones. a good game that is marred by glitchy controls during boss battles.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
maybe you just suck
Dec 04th 2005
nah, that can't be it
Dec 04th 2005
      Well the Standard answer is that the game was Rushed out
Dec 04th 2005
he's talking to YOU 2K SPORTS
Dec 04th 2005

Nopayne
Member since Jan 03rd 2003
52633 posts
Sun Dec-04-05 03:15 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "maybe you just suck"
In response to Reply # 0

===========================================
-Me

xangeluvr
Charter member
9014 posts
Sun Dec-04-05 03:44 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "nah, that can't be it"
In response to Reply # 1

LOL. don't act like you don't know what i'm saying. in all seriousness, i know for a fact that game developers play not only the games they make, but games by other developers and studios too. so when they play a well thought out game with effective controls and camera, why can't they hold their own game to that standard. shouldn't they test the game and be like "wow, this sucks" and then go back and fix it?

i'm just ranting here, join in if you want.

Adwhizz
Member since Nov 12th 2003
40938 posts
Sun Dec-04-05 11:37 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
3. "Well the Standard answer is that the game was Rushed out"
In response to Reply # 2

Although sometimes a game is obviously gonna be wack no matter what so teh developers don't put too much effort into it

R.I.P. Loud But Wrong Guy
Dec 29th 2009 - Dec 17th 2017

LeroyBumpkin
Charter member
36972 posts
Sun Dec-04-05 12:08 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "he's talking to YOU 2K SPORTS"
In response to Reply # 0

they changed up the controls yet AGAIN this season.

why?

I never understand that.

I DO understand the need for innovation between games, but to switch up the controls that much is not needed.

https://digife.com

Lobby High-Tech topic #43830 Previous topic | Next topic