Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby High-Tech topic #43507

Subject: "Do you work Verizon?" Previous topic | Next topic
el diablo
Member since Nov 07th 2002
678 posts
Wed Nov-30-05 04:07 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Do you work Verizon?"
Wed Nov-30-05 04:08 PM by el diablo

is it true that they will not do a software upgrade to a phone from another carrier?

i got a moto v265 and activated it on my verizon service. i did not tell the rep on the phone that it was an alltel phone. there were some speedbumps when we were activating the phone and he had me go into some programing menu and change the nam1 codes. it works. im able to make and recieve calls and send and recieve text messages. he still wanted me to do the *228 activation thing tho. we tried and my phone started calling alltel. i told him it was an alltel phone. he put me on hold to talk to his supervisor and came back saying i would have to go into a verizon store and have the phone flashed. ok.

i call the verizon store and told them the deal. the lady tells me that they will not touch an alltel phone. what to do what to do?

but...

do i even need to have verizon software on my phone? i cant access get it now or mobile web but i dont care. im sure i wont be able to send picture messages but i also dont care. the only thing that worries me is that the little roaming icon is lit up on the phone display. i have americas choice or whatever so i dont think i should be getting any roaming charges but i just want to make sure. any help would be appreciated.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Lobby High-Tech topic #43507 Previous topic | Next topic