Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby High-Tech topic #43486

Subject: "Some quick XBox Live questions (mostly w/ lag and COD2)" Previous topic | Next topic
Ishwip
Member since Jun 10th 2005
19956 posts
Wed Nov-30-05 11:59 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Some quick XBox Live questions (mostly w/ lag and COD2)"

Since I've only been playing Call of Duty 2 online so far, I'll frame it around that game:

If I'm the first person on the list once I've chosen the set-up I'd like (Team Deathmatch, for example), am I "hosting" that particular match? If this is the case, how does my line affect everyone else?

I ask since last night I was playing and my end seemed fine (I was running around freely; no stuttering), but the other players started complaining about lag and said it was my fault and I do specifically remembering I was the first one in the lobby for that match so that's why I'm assuming I was a host or at least my connection had some overall affect on the entire game. This was the first time I'd had any problems and I felt ashamed, so I dipped lol.

From what I've been able to google, lag just happens sometimes and isn't something you can always control (<----is this true?) For the record, my ethernet cable is a Cat 5 (the one that came w/ the system).

__
"Who are you to make that statement..I've been bumping this real hip hop since 1995..when you where listening to Puff Daddy" Mike Check

"I'll tear a niggas head off now..Dudes can't f*ck with me..I will tear RZA's ass up".(c)U-God

Puffy won.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
*snickers @ 'my cable is a Cat 5'*
Nov 30th 2005
Im addicted to COD 2 online on Live
Dec 01st 2005

Invisiblist
Charter member
33760 posts
Wed Nov-30-05 08:16 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "*snickers @ 'my cable is a Cat 5'*"
In response to Reply # 0

I dunno man. In my experience motherfuckers are always gonna complain about lag. If they're used to Halo tho, maybe they just need to understand that the weapons in COD2 aren't as accurate.

HighVoltage
Member since Jan 04th 2004
16583 posts
Thu Dec-01-05 05:42 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "Im addicted to COD 2 online on Live"
In response to Reply # 0

that shit is so much better than PDZ on so many levels.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.itsallthewaylive.net

www.twitter.com/allthewaylive

Lobby High-Tech topic #43486 Previous topic | Next topic