Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby High-Tech topic #302882

Subject: "Got another Xbox for the offspring (help please)" Previous topic | Next topic
L_O_Quent
Charter member
15348 posts
Fri Oct-20-17 09:03 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"Got another Xbox for the offspring (help please)"

Got another Xbox One for the offspring and am now trying to figure out how to set up so they can play the digital games I’ve already bought and the only thing they’ll be able to use my actual account for is to play Rocket League.

Andy one else have this setup? So far I just signed into the new xbox (I’ve giving them my old one) as my regular gamer tag and started downloading stuff my plan is to leave the gamer tag on the other one but have them sign in on one of the gamer tags I created for them.

Any suggestion would be helpful.

The offspring :-D

PSN & XBL: LOQuent

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
whichever xbox they'll use with their gamertag
Oct 20th 2017
Thanks
Oct 21st 2017
      yup. it's in the settings where storage is.
Oct 21st 2017

Rjcc
Charter member
94964 posts
Fri Oct-20-17 03:03 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "whichever xbox they'll use with their gamertag"
In response to Reply # 0

should be the xbox you set as your primary/home xbox.

that will let anyone on that system play your games.

your other xbox won't be the primary system, but you'll be signed in whenever you're playing so it's fine.

also, you can transfer games over the network between xboxes now, so you don't necessarily need to redownload.
www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at

L_O_Quent
Charter member
15348 posts
Sat Oct-21-17 10:57 AM

2. "Thanks "
In response to Reply # 1

So I have my gamer tag on both of them but the one they have should be the home one so they can play the games without being on my account?

I’ll look into the network transfer now thanks.

The offspring :-D

PSN & XBL: LOQuent

Rjcc
Charter member
94964 posts
Sat Oct-21-17 01:18 PM

3. "yup. it's in the settings where storage is."
In response to Reply # 2

as long as both xboxes are turned on they should see each other.

www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at

Lobby High-Tech topic #302882 Previous topic | Next topic