Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby High-Tech topic #302758

Subject: "FIFA 18: Anybody else getting it? (Demo also out)" Previous topic | Next topic
BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85051 posts
Thu Sep-14-17 11:35 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"FIFA 18: Anybody else getting it? (Demo also out)"

Just curious. I know we had a little OKP tournament way back in the day.

Took the demo for a spin and its not TOO much different than 17.
+ Crossing is much improved. You can pretty much pick where you want to put it rather than the hit and hope of 17
+ Players look much better this year up close and they're getting better at the signature styles of the top players
+ Lighting improvements (one caveat, Boca Jrs stadium is far too bright. hard to play on)
+ Seems harder to press the life out of people. Which makes patient midfield play more viable this year
- Seems harder to press the life out of people. Which makes defending hard as fuck lmao
- Long shots dont look as powerful. They take ages to go in.
+/- Sprint pushes the ball out a lot further this year. Very easy to nick the ball off.

<--- Big Baller World Order

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Downloading the demo now
Sep 18th 2017
I'm considering picking up the new PES
Sep 22nd 2017
PES PC demo is pretty great
Sep 22nd 2017
Have to stick with FIFA now for my nephew
Sep 25th 2017
i've been meaning to post some thoughts on the release version for yall
Oct 16th 2017
Yep, but the narrative of The Journey is hilarious (spoilers?)
Oct 26th 2017

hardware
Member since May 22nd 2007
42304 posts
Mon Sep-18-17 11:56 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Downloading the demo now"
In response to Reply # 0

PC

i haven't had a FIFA game since 2011. Might actually pick it up. I just don't like paying that much for games.

Sleepy
Charter member
6947 posts
Fri Sep-22-17 11:53 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "I'm considering picking up the new PES"
In response to Reply # 0

I downloaded the demo. I'm not sure if I like it more than last year's version or not. But the speed is different. I thought last year's game was too fast, but this one is slowed down a little bit.

You're such pests...now, what is it you want? In your depths of your ignorance, what is it you want? Well, whatever it is you want, I can't deliver because I just don't see it. - Orson Welles

Never Tired, Always Sleepy

bearfield
Member since Mar 10th 2005
8048 posts
Fri Sep-22-17 12:10 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "PES PC demo is pretty great"
In response to Reply # 2
Fri Sep-22-17 12:11 PM by bearfield

something about the combination of the slower pace of play and super responsive controls makes it way more appealing than FIFA. it seems like the PES team is getting a good handle on the fox engine too. digital foundry has a good breakdown of the change from the 2017 to 2018. some downgrades and non-progress in some areas but overall it's an improvement:

https://youtu.be/djiq4_QbXIc

B9
Charter member
43124 posts
Mon Sep-25-17 08:26 AM

4. "Have to stick with FIFA now for my nephew"
In response to Reply # 2

He's avid and we play network games, all he cares about are the stupid FUT cards and doesn't notice the flaws in the AI and reaction of the players. Not sure why they screwed with the crossing system for this version.

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85051 posts
Mon Oct-16-17 03:41 PM

5. "i've been meaning to post some thoughts on the release version for yall"
In response to Reply # 0

but they keep updating it and it plays radically different every few days...

<--- Big Baller World Order

B9
Charter member
43124 posts
Thu Oct-26-17 09:53 AM

6. "Yep, but the narrative of The Journey is hilarious (spoilers?)"
In response to Reply # 5

1) LA Galaxy are THE place for young stars to go prove themselves.
2) Theirry Henry is the party animal bad influence to Gyasi Zardes's sensible voice of sane advice.
3) Hunter's complexion gives zero hints to having a half-sister who is white as the driven snow. And she is so clearly modeled as a mini-Alex Morgan it is a bit insulting.

Lobby High-Tech topic #302758 Previous topic | Next topic