17. "A bit surprised at the simple input patterns" In response to Reply # 0
Every character in the beta uses qcf and qcb to pull off the specials. I guess they couldn't have made it too difficult to play since this has to appeal to the DBZ fans who don't play fighting games normally. I thought there would be a few charge characters though, maybe Android 16 and/or Hit? They're not in the beta so can't confirm.
22. "This game is extremely pretty to look at" In response to Reply # 0
I still think there's way too much going on in the screen, and somehow the arena feels shrunk (corner comes up way too fast and it feels a little sticky, if that makes sense), especially with the number for projectile attacks and explosions. But the control scheme is simple enough, damn near everything is a QCF or QCB movement and even with the auto and target combos there are still a number of manual combos that take some skill to pull off, which will interest some and will surely separate the button mashers from the rest (though it may be hard to recognize with everything on the screen).
I like it more than MvC:3 (haven't had the desire to try Infinite), but not as much as MvC:2. Not exactly my cup of tea, but I'll at least learn it enough to play my son in it, as I refused to play Xenoverse
<-- Dave Thomas knows what's up... __________________________
Jay: Look here homie, any nigga can get a hit record. This here is about respect. Game: Like Gladys Knight. Jay: Aretha Franklin. Game: Word, I like her too. Jay: Nigga...
23. "It's almost too offensive..." In response to Reply # 22
The game is dope, no doubt, but it's too difficult to fight back from a corner. I've had several matches that I was unable to switch in because of the incoming onslaught from my opponent. But, it's a great game.
I'm only disappointed that I won't master Hit. He is such a different character, and he gives me fits when I play against him.
Right now, I'm running with a team of Cell, 18, and Goku Black.
You're such pests...now, what is it you want? In your depths of your ignorance, what is it you want? Well, whatever it is you want, I can't deliver because I just don't see it. - Orson Welles
24. "i have to keep reminding myself that it's simpler than i think" In response to Reply # 23 Wed Jan-31-18 11:53 AM by BrooklynWHAT
like you can eat off straight autocombos.
meanwhile i'm out here trying shit that i used to do in guilty gear since that's my base for 2D fighters and the game is like "breh you know you only need to hit up+Heavy for that right?"
edit: i'm also just flat struggling with how everything looks. it's a whole new visual library to log whereas i have a lifetime on tekken and soul calibur, a decade on guilty gear/blazblue and a few years on sf) so i know what's coming out there just on the startup animations.
28. "I love that you can only use that move once per match" In response to Reply # 26
There are so many other small but nice touches:
* Frieza's destructo discs coming back towards him * the laser gun blast from Frieza's minion after his Golden form ends * projectiles hitting the background if you deflect it * Gotenks' level 3 super with Piccolo triggers a slightly different animation * all the interactions in the story mode cutscenes
Still think Tenkaichi is the best DB simulator, but this game is freaking amazing. Kudos to Arc System Works and Bandai Namco.
27. "Story mode is a chore" In response to Reply # 0
Almost done with the final arc thankfully. Kind of thinking about getting PS Plus after that for online play, but I need much more practice right now. I still forget to use sparking in most matches, and I'm still not using assists effectively.