Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby High-Tech topic #300567

Subject: "web design geeks: which "drag and drop" WP page builder? " Previous topic | Next topic
organix
Member since Jul 10th 2002
855 posts
Wed Sep-07-16 06:44 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"web design geeks: which "drag and drop" WP page builder? "

i run about 5 websites/fossils and its time to update them all .i'm looking to get a lifetime subscription to one quality service with drag and drop/page building functionality, and never look back.

i have done a BIT of code and CSS before, but i really don't want to deal with that any more. there are a lot of page builders on the market now, and i'm wondering which one is the best choice for my needs/abilities. it would be nice to be able to build and design my own themes, but that's not really part of the plan. i want to 1) develop my own sites and 2) offer basic web design services for others eventually.

option 1: elegant themes DIVI - $225 lifetime subscription, on discount. this one is probably not as customizable as the others (without diving into code) but it otherwise seems super easy to use.

option 2: genesis framework - $350 lifetime subscription. this one probably offers a bit more flexibility, but requiring code to really get the best out it?

i've seen a few other page building options, such as headway, themify, beaver, etc.

advice?

-----------------------------
http://www.shenzhenphotos.com

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
i vote to stay aay from elegant themes.
Sep 07th 2016
RE: i vote to stay aay from elegant themes.
Sep 07th 2016

Kwesi
Member since Jan 11th 2004
7370 posts
Wed Sep-07-16 07:31 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "i vote to stay aay from elegant themes."
In response to Reply # 0

their base code isn't as nimble as it should be.

organix
Member since Jul 10th 2002
855 posts
Wed Sep-07-16 08:31 AM

2. "RE: i vote to stay aay from elegant themes."
In response to Reply # 1
Wed Sep-07-16 08:38 AM by organix

>their base code isn't as nimble as it should be.

meaning the sites load slowly, or what? as i said, i'm not looking to get into code at all, though i've done a little bit before.

also have you seen the preview for divi 3.0? looks incredible: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzRWmFagVsA

launching in one hour.

-----------------------------
http://www.shenzhenphotos.com

Lobby High-Tech topic #300567 Previous topic | Next topic