Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby High-Tech topic #299531

Subject: "Audio Streaming On The Internet Has Become A Little Difficult?" Previous topic | Next topic
user00197
Member since Jun 23rd 2014
24 posts
Tue Apr-19-16 08:11 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Audio Streaming On The Internet Has Become A Little Difficult?"
Tue Apr-19-16 08:13 PM by user00197

Hey? I just have a question?

I really like to audio stream some tunes on the Internet every time I basically get on to the Internet and I am just wondering what is needed for all this audio streaming that is going on through the Internet and web browsers and stuff?

I am using Firefox, Web Browser Version 3.6.13, because I noticed that all these companies keep updating web browsers so much and I don't have a fast computer.

Can anyone explain what is needed for all this audio streaming that goes on on the Internet? I'm just trying to understand what is needed because I am planning on writing to some constantly used tune streaming services to keep all previous compatibilities with all previous web browser versions going as well.

Thanks for any help.

?

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
The main tool or app you would need to stream is an up to date browser
Apr 19th 2016
Yeah, update your browser.
Apr 20th 2016
Just tell your computer to pick a smaller file size.
Apr 22nd 2016
i guess i'm a little confused
Apr 25th 2016
Have you downloaded more RAM?
Apr 29th 2016
RE: Audio Streaming On The Internet Has Become A Little Difficult?
May 03rd 2016
Yo this reply is GOLD...
May 26th 2016
I'm crine yo
May 30th 2016

obsidianchrysalis
Member since Jan 29th 2003
8749 posts
Tue Apr-19-16 08:55 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "The main tool or app you would need to stream is an up to date browser"
In response to Reply # 0

Using an up to date browser, like Firefox, Google Chrome, or Internet Explorer would allow you to stream from places like NPR or Stitcher and also allow you access to YouTube and also Spotify (Spotify has a web version of their app).

Having a high-speed internet connection would help, but listening to music or even listening to music on YouTube wouldn't require alot of bandwidth / a fast connection.

If you don't have a fast connection at home, you could visit someone you know who does have reliable access to the internet or go to a library and download the browser onto a USB ("thumb") drive and then take the browser home and install it on your home computer.

<--- Me when my head hits the pillow

Wonderl33t
Member since Jul 11th 2002
21405 posts
Wed Apr-20-16 08:43 AM

2. "Yeah, update your browser."
In response to Reply # 0

If your computer is too slow for this, try using your phone over the wifi, maybe.

squeeg
Charter member
34484 posts
Fri Apr-22-16 03:24 AM

3. "Just tell your computer to pick a smaller file size."
In response to Reply # 0

hardware
Member since May 22nd 2007
42304 posts
Mon Apr-25-16 01:42 PM

4. "i guess i'm a little confused"
In response to Reply # 0

are the specific apps (spotify, itunes, etc) insufficient?

WarriorPoet415
Member since Sep 30th 2003
17895 posts
Fri Apr-29-16 10:35 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "Have you downloaded more RAM? "
In response to Reply # 0

(Hey, somebody was gonna make this joke)

cscpov.blogspot.com

"There's a fine line between persistence and foolishness..."
-unknown

"To Each His Reach"

user00197
Member since Jun 23rd 2014
24 posts
Tue May-03-16 11:38 PM

6. "RE: Audio Streaming On The Internet Has Become A Little Difficult?"
In response to Reply # 0
Tue May-03-16 11:39 PM by user00197

Thanks for the responses...... ?

This reply isn't really a reply, I'm not purposely putting the words out towards anyone in specific but I'm just hoping someone who does officially work on web browser software design does consider this:

I read the two replies that said to update the web browser program, and yeah I guess that's really the last option. I'm not complaining about it somehow, but I just keep wondering why the "officials" who work on web browser programs always recommend to update the web browser program, why can't they keep all previous web browser compatibilities going as well?

It's been those ""We're just going to keep the compatibilities going with just the updated web browser program versions only...."" type of decisions for some time now........since what? 2011 to up until now?

It's kind of concerning.

What if people can't afford those "fast" computers? What if people can't always afford computer parts like RAM memory chips or something? They gotta think about those kids who are growing up and going to school at the same time who need audio music to the side to help them concentrate on school class assignments. Yeah there's a radio, but you know, I'm talking about times when tracks that are on the playlists of radio stations just aren't complementary enough. Which can happen half of the time.............? At least a little bit of audio music streaming from the Internet is needed.

There are kids who struggle to learn and need some audio music to help them focus, some kids have parents that can't afford much too, some "officials" gotta consider those things as well. Just saying, that's all.

Thankfully, this message board is still accessible. Thankfully this message board doesn't need web browser software updates constantly.

Hopefully, the web browser developer officials consider all these concerns. I know there's gotta be a bunch of people who know technological updates aren't always needed. I don't know when the "audio streaming through a web browser program" updates started to expand out, but please keep audio streaming completely accessible. MySpace (from 2006-2008 or something like that) had some kind of proper, simple audio streaming going on, why can't audio streaming still be that simple? What is really going on? If an official is out there, please keep audio streaming simple to access. Any help is appreciated.

But yeah, it's all deep respect, deep optimism, deep safe peace, with plenty of hope.

?

soulfunk
Charter member
10999 posts
Thu May-26-16 02:27 PM

7. "Yo this reply is GOLD..."
In response to Reply # 6

mtbatol
Member since May 22nd 2002
19788 posts
Mon May-30-16 09:12 AM

8. "I'm crine yo"
In response to Reply # 6

Lobby High-Tech topic #299531 Previous topic | Next topic