Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby High-Tech topic #299322

Subject: "postracial millennial corporate a.i. fail" Previous topic | Next topic
howisya
Member since Nov 09th 2002
39983 posts
Thu Mar-24-16 09:01 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"postracial millennial corporate a.i. fail"

http://www.businessinsider.com/microsoft-deletes-racist-genocidal-tweets-from-ai-chatbot-tay-2016-3?r=UK&IR=T

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Yikes.
Mar 24th 2016
Water is wet
Mar 24th 2016
This place spoils me
Mar 26th 2016
Very keen observation here
Mar 26th 2016
      RE: Very keen observation here
Mar 28th 2016
           that's why i always struggle with those defecting to twitter
Mar 28th 2016
                I get it...
Mar 30th 2016
Tell us how you really feel MS
Mar 29th 2016

Dr Claw
Member since Jun 25th 2003
132214 posts
Thu Mar-24-16 11:18 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "Yikes."
In response to Reply # 0

Original Title: White People -- Ruining Shit Since...

Laz aka Black Native
Member since Mar 18th 2009
5462 posts
Thu Mar-24-16 12:16 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "Water is wet"
In response to Reply # 0

Xbox Live anyone?

Furious Styles: https://blacknative.bandcamp.com/album/furious-styles

Black Confederate on iTunes:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/black-confederate-single/id940282326

Video to Black Confederate: http://youtu.be/jbpAQ4qzkqY

PSN: WakandanKing
Follow

obsidianchrysalis
Member since Jan 29th 2003
8747 posts
Sat Mar-26-16 07:53 PM

3. "This place spoils me"
In response to Reply # 0

Okp has been immune to alot of the most vicious trolling, so reading this genuinely surprises me. But then again people can be really ignorant and petty when there isn't someone in the flesh to check their comments.

I'm half thinking that this bot will analyze the content on twitter and make SkyNet self-aware and just wipe us just to save humanity the trouble of us making a war with each other to do it.

<--- Me when my head hits the pillow

Orbit_Established
Member since Oct 27th 2002
52934 posts
Sat Mar-26-16 10:09 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "Very keen observation here"
In response to Reply # 3

>Okp has been immune to alot of the most vicious trolling, so
>reading this genuinely surprises me. But then again people can
>be really ignorant and petty when there isn't someone in the
>flesh to check their comments.

I don't think moderators is the only difference

OKP is STRANGELY devoid of the monsters from cyberspace

I mean, I've called people here "troll" and people have called
me the same, but BOY is that far from what NORMAL discussion
groups are like on the web these days

It's partly self selection demographically, sure, but that's
not entirely it

----------------------------

O_E: "Acts like an asshole and posts with imperial disdain"

"I ORBITs the solar system, listenin..."

(C)Keith Murray, "

obsidianchrysalis
8747 posts
Mon Mar-28-16 04:17 PM

5. "RE: Very keen observation here"
In response to Reply # 4

>I mean, I've called people here "troll" and people have
>called
>me the same, but BOY is that far from what NORMAL discussion
>groups are like on the web these days
>
>It's partly self selection demographically, sure, but that's
>not entirely it

Most of the people that post here are in their late 20's and 30's and are more educated and enlightened than the average person in our demo. Not that intelligence equals enlightenment, but it seems to have an effect here.

Maybe the fact that we're mostly here because we're fans of a band with a great deal of self-awareness which would mean that we all have a semblance of awareness, which affects how we treat each other.

I don't know of many online boards where the members got together in real life so we have a real sense of community here.

What ever ?uest, angieee, and the rest of the mods and staff here do, it's working.

howisya
Member since Nov 09th 2002
39983 posts
Mon Mar-28-16 04:29 PM

6. "that's why i always struggle with those defecting to twitter"
In response to Reply # 5

twitter is so icky and impersonal in comparison. i have an account, but mostly i just read twitter when for some reason i'm directed there or i'm looking for the vox populi when something just happened. twitter is an ugly place. even the jokes are mean spirited. at least here there is some genuine love among us.

obsidianchrysalis
8747 posts
Wed Mar-30-16 11:33 AM

8. "I get it..."
In response to Reply # 6

For some of the folks here who have turned their OKP fame into real-life fame it makes sense that Twitter is a place to expand their reach and be read by more people.

The boards have slowed down quite a bit over the years, especially over the last four years or so. (man, I feel old typing that) For people to meet new people, they need to go away and branch out I suppose.

And Twitter is where every big news story breaks and it's a reading tweets come in from a real-time event is a feature that it does really well.

It seems you use it for that reason too.

It's an extroverted medium, at least as much as a computer will allow. Lots of people try and say the most audacious thing, just to get more follows or more re-tweets. Also, it's really hard to have educated and nuanced conversations there.

But you're right. There's no real sense of community on there. It seems like it's a bad comedy show at times, where the comic goes on rants and random people go back at the comic. You tweet something out and you have to reply back with people who you don't know their intention or personality.

The misogyny and racism and crude talk there makes it a hostile place at times and it doesn't help that Twitter hasn't been great at banning people for offensive content.

stead21
Member since Oct 21st 2004
954 posts
Tue Mar-29-16 11:30 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
7. "Tell us how you really feel MS"
In response to Reply # 0

Lobby High-Tech topic #299322 Previous topic | Next topic