Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby High-Tech topic #298801

Subject: "Red Dead Redemption 2 coming Q4 " Previous topic | Next topic
RobOne4
Member since Jun 06th 2003
56252 posts
Sat Feb-06-16 01:37 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"Red Dead Redemption 2 coming Q4 "

http://www.mnrdaily.com/article/red-dead-redemption-2-update-possible-release-date-revealed/7998.htm

The release date of "Red Dead Redemption 2" has been revealed which will be on the fourth quarter of the year. But before the launching, gamers can have a sneak peek of the forthcoming video game at the 2016 Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) which will be held in June at the Los Angeles Convention Center in California.

The release of the "Red Dead Redemption" in 2010 was considered a success for its publisher Rockstar Games. Many fans from all over the world are now anticipating for the new installment of the "Red Dead" series.

In a statement, Strauss Zelnick, the CEO of Take-Two Interactive which is the parent company of Rockstar Games confirmed that a sequel of Red Dead Redemption is already at work. He also stated that the video game series will become a permanent franchise.

"I pretty much know the ones that I can assure you are permanent. It's obvious that GTA is a permanent franchise as long as we keep delivering this incredible quality; it seems quite obvious that 'Red Dead' is a permanent franchise, again with the same caveat, or Borderlands, for example, and NBA and others," Zelnick stated.

In terms of setting, theories have circulated on the web stating that the video game will have its setting in Japan. This is quite strange since the game is primarily focused on the Western area. Other reports also stated that more states in the U.S. will be added into the new game which include Utah, Arizona, Denver, New Mexico, Texas, Mexico, South Dakota and Louisiana.

The developer of the upcoming title has not yet confirmed any of the rumors. Little information about the game has also been provided.

"Red Dead Redemption 2" will be available on different platforms such as the Xbox One, PS4 and PC this coming Oct. 2016.

http://warehousestories.wordpress.com
^^^WORK BLOG
last updated 9-17-08

November 8th, 2005 The greatest night in the history of GD!

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Hell yes...
Feb 10th 2016
SIDE POST: Will GTA 6 appear this generation?
Feb 10th 2016
RE: SIDE POST: Will GTA 6 appear this generation?
Feb 11th 2016
I can't see them skipping this gen with a new one
Feb 11th 2016
      Better question:
Feb 11th 2016
           I could see 2021 at the earliest
Feb 12th 2016
where is the "this is definitely coming out" statement in that 'article?...
Feb 11th 2016
the last line
Feb 12th 2016
Horseshit..
Feb 18th 2016
Take Two is announcing a new game
Feb 27th 2016
Red Dead Redemption 2 reveal at E3
Mar 17th 2016
HD remake too?
Mar 18th 2016
you keep posting these as facts when they're clearly rumors
Mar 18th 2016
Map leaked.
Apr 18th 2016
It has to
Apr 18th 2016
Promising and slightly dissapointing
Apr 19th 2016
Posted on Rockstar's twitter:
Oct 16th 2016
Anyone here watch the trailer?
Oct 20th 2016
Didn't seem to have any gameplay vvideo
Oct 20th 2016
doesn't reveal anything. it's mostly nice shots of wilderness
Oct 20th 2016
Trailer 3
May 04th 2018
i mean, still excited, but smh @ the 2 year delay
May 06th 2018
It's cool that they seem to be taking some (calculated) risks
May 07th 2018
I'm all about open world rpg.
May 18th 2018
Waiting for this
Jun 18th 2018

SynsCei
Member since Mar 05th 2008
312 posts
Wed Feb-10-16 04:33 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Hell yes..."
In response to Reply # 0

One of my top 10 games. Day 1 purch for sure.

This along with Battlefield, Deus Ex, Mass Effect, maybe Mafia 3 and I should be set for 2016.

LeroyBumpkin
Charter member
35493 posts
Wed Feb-10-16 06:04 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "SIDE POST: Will GTA 6 appear this generation?"
In response to Reply # 0

I'm guessing not.

@dseals | @digife
https://digife.com

DrunkUncleP
Member since Aug 20th 2013
129 posts
Thu Feb-11-16 01:50 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "RE: SIDE POST: Will GTA 6 appear this generation?"
In response to Reply # 2

I think we get another towards the end. They're releasing/released tons of content for Online and that's probably to flesh out some ideas they're thinking about for Red Dead or GTA 6. Same way as after Red Dead, Rockstar put a lot more animals in their other games because of all the work they did.

------------------------------------------

"And just because I smile they be thinking I be jokin..."

http://twitter.com/DrunkUncleP

Lach
Charter member
43750 posts
Thu Feb-11-16 02:11 PM

4. "I can't see them skipping this gen with a new one"
In response to Reply # 2

LeroyBumpkin
Charter member
35493 posts
Thu Feb-11-16 04:56 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
6. "Better question: "
In response to Reply # 4

How long do you think this current generation is going to last?

Both the 360 and PS3 are 10 years old.

Do you think Microsoft and Sony will wait until 2023 to release a new system?

@dseals | @digife
https://digife.com

Lach
Charter member
43750 posts
Fri Feb-12-16 03:29 PM

8. "I could see 2021 at the earliest"
In response to Reply # 6

bearfield
Member since Mar 10th 2005
7307 posts
Thu Feb-11-16 02:17 PM

5. "where is the "this is definitely coming out" statement in that 'article?..."
In response to Reply # 0

did i miss it? all i see is a CEO saying that /read dead/ seems like a permanent franchise

RobOne4
56252 posts
Fri Feb-12-16 01:09 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
7. "the last line"
In response to Reply # 5

says it will be out on multiple platforms October 2016

^^^WORK BLOG
last updated 9-17-08

jswerve386
Member since Jun 25th 2007
8950 posts
Thu Feb-18-16 11:06 PM

9. "Horseshit.."
In response to Reply # 0

If IGN or any of the other big name sites aint reporting it, it aint happening. Ive never heard of this site.

yupyupyupyupyupyupyupyupyupyupyupyupyupyup

mrshow
Charter member
12523 posts
Sat Feb-27-16 12:34 AM

10. "Take Two is announcing a new game"
In response to Reply # 0

Feels too early for a new GTA so Im guessing Agent or (more likely) a new Red Dead.

RobOne4
56252 posts
Thu Mar-17-16 10:24 PM

11. "Red Dead Redemption 2 reveal at E3"
In response to Reply # 0

http://fraghero.com/rumor-red-dead-redemption-2-details-leaked-e3-reveal-planned/

^^^WORK BLOG
last updated 9-17-08

xangeluvr
Charter member
8819 posts
Fri Mar-18-16 02:10 AM

12. "HD remake too?"
In response to Reply # 11

>http://fraghero.com/rumor-red-dead-redemption-2-details-leaked-e3-reveal-planned/
>
>

dope. i've been wanting to replay that game, but don't have it anymore.

GamerTag and PSN: PokeEmAll

bearfield
7307 posts
Fri Mar-18-16 02:48 PM

13. "you keep posting these as facts when they're clearly rumors"
In response to Reply # 11

extrapolated from vague quotes posted on possibly sketchy sites

please stop

(unless you know something we don't)

that said, i wouldn't be surprised to learn that rockstar is working on something RDR-related b/c it seems like they're not interested in GTAV DLC and their updates to GTA online haven't been the kind of thing that requires a whole studio

but it could be bully 2 as well

TheAlbionist
Member since Jul 04th 2011
3302 posts
Mon Apr-18-16 07:19 AM

14. "Map leaked."
In response to Reply # 0

http://www.techradar.com/news/gaming/this-is-the-map-you-ll-be-playing-in-red-dead-redemption-2-1319101

Around a few more reputable sites today - first time I've seen stories that didn't look like naked clickbait.

Maybe this actually IS happening after all.

))<>((
forever.

Numba_33
Charter member
16559 posts
Mon Apr-18-16 01:48 PM

15. "It has to"
In response to Reply # 14

>Maybe this actually IS happening after all.

there's way too much money to pass up for Rockstar and the other associated companies to decline from releasing this game.

It's impressive up tight lipped all the folks are that have been working on this for what I'm assuming has be quite some time now. The disclosure forms that have to be signed to work on this game in any capacity must be quite serious.

"Sean sparks like John Starks, nah, Sean ball like John Wall" - Rest In Power Forever Sean Price.

B9
Charter member
42765 posts
Tue Apr-19-16 03:38 PM

16. "Promising and slightly dissapointing"
In response to Reply # 14

No Mexico? That was my favorite part of the atmosphere of the Redemption.

mrshow
Charter member
12523 posts
Sun Oct-16-16 09:24 PM

17. "Posted on Rockstar's twitter:"
In response to Reply # 0

https://twitter.com/RockstarGames/status/787639249864630273

Numba_33
Charter member
16559 posts
Thu Oct-20-16 12:32 PM

18. "Anyone here watch the trailer?"
In response to Reply # 0

It was supposed to air at 11 AM EST if I'm not mistaken. Was the trailer revealing?

"Sean sparks like John Starks, nah, Sean ball like John Wall" - Rest In Power Forever Sean Price.

mrshow
Charter member
12523 posts
Thu Oct-20-16 12:41 PM

19. "Didn't seem to have any gameplay vvideo"
In response to Reply # 18

Was a collection of very pretty shots of cowboys doing shit. It looked great but gave no real info.

bearfield
7307 posts
Thu Oct-20-16 12:45 PM

20. "doesn't reveal anything. it's mostly nice shots of wilderness"
In response to Reply # 18
Thu Oct-20-16 12:49 PM by bearfield

last quarter of the trailer has some town scenery. the final shot is a large group of men riding horses together. that, along with the immediate mention of "online" in the original press release, the 7 men in the 2nd image of the game released, and the very public registering of "read dead online" makes me think this is going to be a multiplayer focused game. gta online makes a lot of money for rockstar and i'm sure they want to keep pulling those funds in with an additional game that has a lot of microtransactions

but the 7 men in the above mentioned image and trailer could just be a nod to the magificent seven. maybe RDR2 is going for a gta v style multi-character narrative with 7 people

Boogiedwn
Member since Sep 25th 2003
8346 posts
Fri May-04-18 08:43 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
21. "Trailer 3"
In response to Reply # 0

https://www.rockstargames.com/videos/video/12023

http://cousinofdef.tumblr.com/

https://media.giphy.com/media/mMpFjO0zvQXpm/giphy.gif

HecticHavoc
Member since May 13th 2005
6704 posts
Sun May-06-18 08:59 PM

22. "i mean, still excited, but smh @ the 2 year delay"
In response to Reply # 0

the timestamp of this thread is hilarious. and it is still over 5.5 months away.

-----------------------------------------

Nodima
Member since Jul 30th 2008
13558 posts
Mon May-07-18 06:57 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
23. "It's cool that they seem to be taking some (calculated) risks"
In response to Reply # 0

They are talking about this game like it's going to fundamentally shift the way open world games are designed going forward. It sounds like they're almost certainly breaking from their own structure of open world games by opening up more of the side content earlier, but it also sounds like they're trying to make side quests a more organic part of the gameplay rather than a checklist the way Ubisoft games, The Witcher and God of War did it.

God of War let you find things for yourself, but the structure of the Lake of Nine still made it feel, for a player like me, like you were supposed to do a big circle around the central structure and visit every shore before you progressed the story. It was better than the anxious, gotta clear 'em all vibe the question mark-riddled maps of Horizon and The Witcher had, but it was still implied the game would be more enjoyable if you put the main game off until all the side stuff was done.

Rockstar seems to be trying to root everything in your base and spin out from that based on the needs of certain communities and characters which in turn is based on what you're doing in the game. It doesn't even sound like you'll be accepting quests so much as being told by someone they need or want something and then you just either remember to do it or don't.

I'm not all the way in on everything they were saying; not sure I want a basebuilding sim ala Metal Gear 5 in my Rockstar game, and there's obviously a lot of opportunity for them to expand on the microtransactions from GTA Online in the offline game with this sort of system. But it's very interesting to me that Rockstar seems to be trying to shake things up in a way they haven't really done with the single player side of their games since the light RPG mechanics of San Andreas.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/05/03/worlds-first-look-at-red-dead-redemption-2

~~~~~~~~~
"This is the streets, and I am the trap." � Jay Bilas
http://www.popmatters.com/pm/archive/contributor/517
Hip Hop Handbook: http://tinyurl.com/ll4kzz

PG
Charter member
39409 posts
Fri May-18-18 02:39 PM

24. "I'm all about open world rpg. "
In response to Reply # 23

and honestly nobody does it better than Bethdesa but Rockstar is definitely a solid second imo.. GTA and Red Dead are thoroughly enjoyable games and only fall short of bethdesa in terms of character level development and customization and crafting/building... and I won't lie there are things about he Rockstar engines that are better.. vehicles and mounts to name one Bethdesa falls way short on those aspects... I've been waiting for this dam red dead redemption since inception.. I'm trusting it'll be worth the wait because rockstar seldom disappoints. but it has been one hell of a long wait has it not?

Numba_33
Charter member
16559 posts
Mon Jun-18-18 11:58 AM

25. "Waiting for this"
In response to Reply # 0

to land on Amazon so I can get that nice 20% pre-order discount is slow torture. Did it take this long for Grand Theft Auto to land on Amazon in the past? All the other retailers have this available for pre-order status as of two week ago.

Patience is not on of my virtues unfortunately.

Lobby High-Tech topic #298801 Previous topic | Next topic