Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby High-Tech topic #295804

Subject: "is it just me or is the PS4 game selection still hurtin?" Previous topic | Next topic
PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Mon May-25-15 04:58 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"is it just me or is the PS4 game selection still hurtin?"

just got one given to me for my birthday.. the last of us bundle which is cool.. though I'm a real freeworld & customization freak..

basically if your game isn't Fallout or Skyrim it had better be as fricking dope as GTA...

I do like my Madden (copped 15).. and I also love the Fight Night franchise (but have they released it for ps4 yet?.. I couldn't see anything).. I copped the UFC as it has custom development training etc.. not bad.. not fantastic.

I'm looking forward to this Mad Max release.. sounds like the right ticket with thousands of car mods and a freeworld wasteland (if it's big enough)..

but still.. It seems like so far I can't get those killer RPGs that are really the only games I am very interested in..

I'm guessing I'm not alone and that we'll just have to wait until the studios get their dev on.

anybody got suggestions?

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Its just you...
May 25th 2015
Yeah, I thought dude was joking
May 25th 2015
yeah both systems have so much stuff I don't even have enough time
May 25th 2015
If he's talking about exclusives
May 25th 2015
reading that Witcher 3 thread... looks like that might be the one to che...
May 27th 2015
Bloodborne is an incredible exclusive but...
May 25th 2015
Helldivers is that WW2 game right? looks like blazing angels kinda?
May 26th 2015
      Different. It's like a top-down Destiny
May 26th 2015
           Yeah, this is sorta like a top down Destiny.
Feb 06th 2016
I guess if you have that narrow a view on 'good games'
May 26th 2015
yeah I guess it's narrow.. I like what I like..
May 26th 2015
      4 is more of the same
May 26th 2015
it's def lacking in "killer rpgs", open world games, and exclusives
May 26th 2015
scuttlebutt out of Judges Week is there are very few secrets
May 26th 2015
Do you or anyone else here
May 26th 2015
      There is no word. Classic Rockstar stuff.
May 26th 2015
           In this age of social media
May 26th 2015
not enough time... i got games that i still haven't opened...
May 31st 2015
you and me both brother
Jun 05th 2015
That's what I'm sayin. To me these launches are getting better & better
Jun 06th 2015
It's hurting, because it seems that the only games worth a damn
Jun 07th 2015
Nope.
Feb 08th 2016
man there's so many games. I'm forgetting games I done downloaded
Feb 08th 2016
      Yea I'm finally there in my life as well.
Feb 08th 2016

Kira
Member since Nov 14th 2004
28856 posts
Mon May-25-15 07:24 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Its just you..."
In response to Reply # 0

Witcher 3 should last you at least 8 months.

GTA V should last you another four months.

MKX is another great game.

Ground Zeroes is worth it.

That supercross physics based game is $20 and provides over four months of content.

I could go on and on.

No empathy for white misery (c) BDot

"root for everybody black haters say that's crazy, wow..."

Orbit_Established
Member since Oct 27th 2002
52934 posts
Mon May-25-15 08:39 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "Yeah, I thought dude was joking"
In response to Reply # 1

Dude just ran off a bundle of great games that will
take them months to beat or grow tired of

Lach
Charter member
44327 posts
Mon May-25-15 09:55 PM

3. "yeah both systems have so much stuff I don't even have enough time"
In response to Reply # 1

to play them all. There's lots out there.

Paps_Smear
Member since Feb 02nd 2009
4254 posts
Mon May-25-15 11:07 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "If he's talking about exclusives"
In response to Reply # 1

I kinda feel him.

But honestly the exclusives have been meh on both systems.
You do have Bloodborne though, which I loved.

I don't count The Last of Us because that was also on PS3 first.

This gen has had some pretty good games, The Witcher 3 is my shit right now, but its multiplat.

So yeah, there are a ton of good games out, just not a ton of fantastic exclusives.

=================
Official Okay-Super Villain™

I only play the games that I win at -
Gamertag: Innovator
PSN: DurtyGambino
Steam: Durty Gambino
Twitch.tv/durtygambino

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Wed May-27-15 06:55 PM

16. "reading that Witcher 3 thread... looks like that might be the one to che..."
In response to Reply # 1

mrshow
Charter member
12567 posts
Mon May-25-15 11:50 PM

5. "Bloodborne is an incredible exclusive but..."
In response to Reply # 0

it's not for everyone. Give Helldivers a shot too. It's 20 bucks and very fun.

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Tue May-26-15 01:00 PM

8. "Helldivers is that WW2 game right? looks like blazing angels kinda?"
In response to Reply # 5

'cept it has tanks too doesn't it?

maybe I'm thinking of a different one.. it looked like it had potential.

mrshow
Charter member
12567 posts
Tue May-26-15 01:30 PM

10. "Different. It's like a top-down Destiny"
In response to Reply # 8

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/helldivers

wallysmith
Charter member
7808 posts
Sat Feb-06-16 11:31 AM

21. "Yeah, this is sorta like a top down Destiny."
In response to Reply # 10

Put some hours into it last night, really fun game for a free joint this month. Some surprising depth into the twin stick genre, and I love the Starship Troopers style writing: "Taste some FREEDOM!!!"

Definitely worth the download if you're into co-op games.

Nodima
Member since Jul 30th 2008
15316 posts
Tue May-26-15 07:07 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
6. "I guess if you have that narrow a view on 'good games'"
In response to Reply # 0

sure.

but you can get on PSN and there's probably 200 games on there, and if you didn't have a PS3/PC I'd say about 60 of them are worth having. and some of the remasters are just fun to have regardless because the Dual Shock 4 is a much better controller than the PS3 and PS4 already a more convenient system (other than lack of DLNA) than PS3.

~~~~~~~~~
"This is the streets, and I am the trap." � Jay Bilas
http://www.popmatters.com/pm/archive/contributor/517
Hip Hop Handbook: http://tinyurl.com/ll4kzz

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Tue May-26-15 12:59 PM

7. "yeah I guess it's narrow.. I like what I like.. "
In response to Reply # 6

I know what type of games I really get my money's worth out of and which ones will only hold my interest for a short time.

Far Cry 4 might fit the bill 3 was pretty good.. a touch small.

I have a PS3 so have played that gen to death for the most part.. hence why GTA V on PS4 is not a big priority yet..

I was kinda intrigued by Project Cars.. sounds like it has a wide range of customization and car models to chose from.. I used to enjoy the GT franchise..

I'm still getting acquainted with this system and what it can do.. I do like the controllers.. I still think they need to design one that can separate in the middle.

bearfield
Member since Mar 10th 2005
8053 posts
Tue May-26-15 01:35 PM

11. "4 is more of the same"
In response to Reply # 7
Tue May-26-15 01:40 PM by bearfield

>Far Cry 4 might fit the bill 3 was pretty good.. a touch
>small.

i think it's about the same size that 3 was. there are some good changes to improve the flow of the gameplay but it's essentially the exact same game in a different locale. it felt like a more large DLC pack than a new game

bearfield
Member since Mar 10th 2005
8053 posts
Tue May-26-15 01:24 PM

9. "it's def lacking in "killer rpgs", open world games, and exclusives"
In response to Reply # 0
Tue May-26-15 01:24 PM by bearfield

you're going to be waiting a while if those are the only kinds of games you want to play

unfortunately this generation seems to be off to a slow start. development costs are way up and publishers seem unwilling to take chances on new IPs or ideas. so what we're mostly getting is a bunch of "HD" versions of previous generation games and ports of years-old PC indie titles to fill the void while the new games are being worked on. and since you say you played the hell out of the last generation i have to assume the myriad HD "remasters" of ps3 and 360 games don't appeal to you

e3 will probably have some good news as fallout 4 is expected to be announced (though bethesda may just fuck everyone over and announce a "remastered" skyrim instead; i wouldn't put it past them). hopefully this is going to be the e3 that lets everyone know that their new console purchases were worth it. i'm hoping that it is because i want a reason to invest in this generation of consoles. there is some good stuff on the horizon: metal gear solid 5, final fantasy XV, the new DOOM game, fallout 4 (possibly), just cause 3, and mad max. i'm sure i'm forgetting a few

currently, the witcher is probably your best bet for open world killer rpg action. bloodborne is supposedly amazing. if it's half as good as dark souls was it's worth picking up

Nodima
15316 posts
Tue May-26-15 02:29 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
12. "scuttlebutt out of Judges Week is there are very few secrets"
In response to Reply # 9

just about everything presented was something that's been announced for a year or more now.

which doesn't mean those items can't still surprise and wow, but if you're looking for a reveal-filled E3 this might not be the one unless everything is being kept close to the vest.

~~~~~~~~~

Numba_33
Charter member
19344 posts
Tue May-26-15 02:46 PM

13. "Do you or anyone else here"
In response to Reply # 9

have any info on the new Red Dead Redemption sequel dropping? Assuming it's as good or better than the first Red Dead, that'll probably be the game to make me cop a PS4, assuming it isn't too glitch ridden.

Nodima
15316 posts
Tue May-26-15 02:57 PM

14. "There is no word. Classic Rockstar stuff."
In response to Reply # 13

We're not going to know until we know.

With all the comparisons to RDR people are making with Witcher 3, a game that's a frontrunner for GotY, and all the references to RDR technology Rockstar made in the publicity for GTA5's wildlife, Blaine County and 'random' events, I'd be surprised if it was more than a year before we hear anything.

But I also don't think we hear anything about it at E3. RDR came out two years (2008 -> 2010) after GTAIV, and Rockstar spent EIGHT DAMN YEARS making that game. If they want to live up to its reputation, I'd expect a similar timeline for whatever follows it, and I do think they have a real struggle to do that and figure out if the game is moving forward in time at all, existing in the same world, moving backward in time, or what.

~~~~~~~~~

Numba_33
Charter member
19344 posts
Tue May-26-15 03:59 PM

15. "In this age of social media"
In response to Reply # 14

and the huge ton of people it must take to create that game, it's impressive there's been no info on the sequel. I have to imagine they started work on that game soon after the first one dropped given how successful it's been, unless resources were diverted towards creating GTAV, which is entirely possible given how good that game was. I don't play video games these days at all to be honest, so I guess it won't kill me to wait however long it'll take for this game to drop. And I'll probably wait a month or so after it drops just to wait and see if the sequel is glitch ridden anyway.

My_SP1200_Broken_Again
Charter member
57013 posts
Sun May-31-15 01:18 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
17. "not enough time... i got games that i still haven't opened..."
In response to Reply # 0

< Live Mixshow - Thurs 11PM/EST >
https://twitch.tv/djchiefone

----Mixtape Archives-----
https://soundcloud.com/djchiefone

QBoogie
Member since Jun 05th 2002
5885 posts
Fri Jun-05-15 10:06 PM

18. "you and me both brother"
In response to Reply # 17

Lach
Charter member
44327 posts
Sat Jun-06-15 12:40 PM

19. "That's what I'm sayin. To me these launches are getting better & better"
In response to Reply # 17

To the point that in the 1st years of these new consoles I have so many games that are grade A and I can't even get time to finish them.

Shaun Tha Don
Member since Nov 19th 2005
18289 posts
Sun Jun-07-15 12:22 AM

20. "It's hurting, because it seems that the only games worth a damn"
In response to Reply # 0

on the PS4 are remasters of games I already played on the PS3. It's why I don't a PS4 yet.

Rest In Peace, Bad News Brown

jetblack
Member since Nov 14th 2004
44804 posts
Mon Feb-08-16 02:25 PM

22. "Nope. "
In response to Reply # 0

Too many games. Not time. Plus my gf is seriously spending her day off getting the last two bobbleheads in Fallout 4. No time.

I am picking up SFV.

---
Stoicism and chill.
---
Stay +.
---

Lach
Charter member
44327 posts
Mon Feb-08-16 03:36 PM

23. "man there's so many games. I'm forgetting games I done downloaded"
In response to Reply # 22

Just don't have the time.

Nodima
15316 posts
Mon Feb-08-16 04:35 PM

24. "Yea I'm finally there in my life as well."
In response to Reply # 23
Mon Feb-08-16 04:37 PM by Nodima

It's such a weird feeling, especially with all the sales and free games and stuff that's so cheap to begin with. I was so stoked when I bought the Resident Evil Remaster, hadn't played that since it first came out on Gamecube and was excited to see the small tweaks they'd added.

Granted, just about everything I'll mention here is old and been available elsewhere forever, but I've been Playstation-only since the Gamecube proved to be a bust, so...I suppose I could see OP's point with regards to system exclusives/Sony originals in particular, but I'm far from hurting personally.

Never finished MGS5 once it hit a mission-critical side op that asked for 2 hours in-game time and (I just logged in for the first time in months this week so it's fresh in my head) doesn't offer more than 59% success rate. I've sent men to die on that one like five times and it SUCKS.

Super stoked to see I Meat Boy on a Sony console, played a few levels, forgot I owned and haven't gotten back. This has been the story to varying degrees with other indie games like The Swapper, Thomas Was Alone, Broken Age, The Unfinished Swan, Doki Doki Universe and Hohokum.

Then there's stuff I've bought like Bastion on huge discounts and then they've just sat there.

I never got into a trial version of Sleeping Dogs but I've heard so many good things and the GotY edition is only $10 on PSN right now!

And woe is the list of PS+ games meant to do little more than rot away in my Library for all of time...particularly stuff I just know I'd eat up like ¡Guacamelee!

~~~~~~~~~

Lobby High-Tech topic #295804 Previous topic | Next topic