Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby High-Tech topic #295672

Subject: "Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (XBO/PC/PS4 game from Castlevania dude..." Previous topic | Next topic
chillinCHiEF
Charter member
39873 posts
Tue May-12-15 03:49 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (XBO/PC/PS4 game from Castlevania dude..."

IGA, the dude what made the 2D Metroidvania games, is making a 2.5D Metroidvania game for PS4/Steam/XBO. He's actually calling it an "Igavania" game, which I actually like a bit better as a term for em.

Kickstarter was already funded after like an hour or something and has more than doubled its goal.

Here's a link to that: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iga/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night

And also a Q&A with IGA: http://gamasutra.com/view/news/243131/QA_Castlevanias_Koji_Igarashi_returns_with_new_game_Bloodstained.php

This is the first Kickstarter game I've ever backed.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
I signed on.
May 12th 2015
I'm a sucker. I threw in money immediately.
May 13th 2015

Auk_The_Blind
Member since Aug 23rd 2002
1282 posts
Tue May-12-15 04:40 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "I signed on."
In response to Reply # 0

Once they added the digital tier with soundtrack + bonus game content.

Nice to see that IGA and crew have been paying attention to recent games in the genre (Axiom Verge, Guacamelee, Rogue Legacy, Shovel Knight) and sound committed to not just rehashing SotN in HD.

IkeMoses
Charter member
70875 posts
Wed May-13-15 03:20 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "I'm a sucker. I threw in money immediately."
In response to Reply # 0

I don't like the concept art so far, and 2.5D is always something to be concerned about, but SoTN is one of my top five favorite games.

-30-
You know it's drama, but it sound real good.

Lobby High-Tech topic #295672 Previous topic | Next topic