Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby High-Tech topic #291838

Subject: "What game(s) are you playing now? Looking forward to? (Sept 2014)" Previous topic | Next topic
topaz
Member since Nov 28th 2002
6236 posts
Tue Sep-02-14 08:49 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"What game(s) are you playing now? Looking forward to? (Sept 2014)"

Playing:

Walking Dead S2E5 - my wild guess: more people are gonna die.

Super Mario 3D World - the level designs are fantastic and everything looks incredible (maybe a bit too shiny though?). Love how all four characters play differently to each other, I usually just go random. Close to finishing but I know there will be more surprises post game. I'd say it's worth getting a Wii U just to play this.

Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy - I hate to admit it but I'm actually having a lot of fun with this. FF fan service galore. Plays a bit like the DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi/Sparking games. The characters all have unique moves which is great, and there are LOTS of customisation and equipment/stuff to buy, although it's a bit daunting when you're first starting out. Apparently it'll take around 60 hours to finish so hopefully it doesn't become too repetitive.

Ni No Kuni - I seem to always play this for a week then leave it for a few months. It's a cool RPG but I tend to forget about it for a while after I finish a story scenario.

GTAV - Still gotta finish the main story, I really ought to just play for a few days straight and get into it again.

Waiting for:

Theatrhythm FF: Curtain Call (3DS) - Didn't bother with the first game, but this one has over 200(!!) tracks so I'm copping.
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Theatrhythm_Final_Fantasy:_Curtain_Call#Music

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax (PS3/360) - Not normally a fighting game head, I'm just here for the story - need some resolution for P4A's ending.

Persona Q (3DS) - I really enjoyed the Etrian Odyssey demo, so I'm looking forward to this one.

Persona 5 (PS3/PS4) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y5U8n4Ie3I Yes please.

-
Gang Starr / Nujabes blend - https://youtu.be/lsci1vu6ick
DOOM Tribute - https://youtu.be/qmBQ2BDefKM
Donut of the Heart cover in Javascript - https://youtu.be/afLc2CkC8lk

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Newest one is Divinity: Original Sin.
Sep 02nd 2014
Wish I had more time to play it...
Sep 02nd 2014
I'm waiting for that GTA5, GameStop says it comes out Dec 31 2014
Sep 02nd 2014
Finishing up AssCreed IV.
Sep 02nd 2014
RE: What game(s) are you playing now? Looking forward to? (Sept 2014)
Sep 02nd 2014
Destiny
Sep 02nd 2014
Sep 02nd 2014
RE: Fez
Sep 03rd 2014
First Light
Sep 06th 2014
Playing Madden 15, Diablo III and Watch Dogs
Sep 02nd 2014
I liked WD at first, but got boring and multiplayer was weak
Sep 03rd 2014
Sep 03rd 2014
Sep 03rd 2014
you hated FIFA 14? huh, I thought it was the best yet...
Sep 04th 2014
      my complaints may be relegated to career mode + playing on all manual
Sep 04th 2014
Sep 03rd 2014
Pillars of Eternity and Wasteland 2
Sep 03rd 2014
Sep 03rd 2014
Xbox one reinstall issues
Sep 09th 2014
You already know...
Sep 03rd 2014
So about this
Oct 16th 2014
Destiny, (sadly) Minecraft on XB1, FIFA 15, new Forza
Sep 04th 2014
I just started playing Velocity 2X
Sep 04th 2014
Just finished up Crown of the Sunken King
Sep 05th 2014
I've got so many damn games on hold right now.
Sep 06th 2014
and XOne is selling Minecraft for $4.99 for those who own the 360 versio...
Sep 06th 2014
Sep 08th 2014
haven't been playing anything
Sep 09th 2014
Xbox One is killing it with systems with free games
Oct 15th 2014
If Sunset Overdrive reviews well...
Oct 15th 2014
Eff all this. Give me that new COD, BF and Fallout 4
Oct 17th 2014

Soon
Member since Jul 02nd 2007
17996 posts
Tue Sep-02-14 02:44 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Newest one is Divinity: Original Sin."
In response to Reply # 0

Classic party-style RPG, overhead view, and with turn-based combat.

Complete with minimal guidance on quests and some elaborate crafting, it's pretty enjoyable thus far.

http://twitter.com/RSoon
http://soonsounds.com <--- Peace for the Fiery Heart
https://soundcloud.com/marianmereba/blue-for-mr-green-real-soon

wallysmith
Charter member
7808 posts
Tue Sep-02-14 09:52 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
6. "Wish I had more time to play it..."
In response to Reply # 1

but Divinity is absurdly entertaining.

Inventory management is a bitch though

Starks dunked on Bulls
Member since Dec 07th 2011
12028 posts
Tue Sep-02-14 05:32 PM

2. "I'm waiting for that GTA5, GameStop says it comes out Dec 31 2014"
In response to Reply # 0

JFrost1117
Member since Aug 12th 2005
23876 posts
Tue Sep-02-14 06:08 PM

3. "Finishing up AssCreed IV."
In response to Reply # 0

Might wait for a Black Friday deal to cop an XBone.

Yes! She's on the drugs. (c) BoHagon

Grand_Royal
Charter member
33210 posts
Tue Sep-02-14 08:32 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IMClick to send message via ICQ
4. "RE: What game(s) are you playing now? Looking forward to? (Sept 2014)"
In response to Reply # 0

Playing Madden

Waiting on Destiny, 2K15 and GTA (next gen)

Little_X
Member since Jul 16th 2014
142 posts
Tue Sep-02-14 09:14 PM

5. "Destiny"
In response to Reply # 0

Nodima
Member since Jul 30th 2008
15297 posts
Tue Sep-02-14 10:03 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
7. "RE: What game(s) are you playing now? Looking forward to? (Sept 2014)"
In response to Reply # 0

some thoughts from another forum on what I've been playing:

NBA 2K14 (PS4): I've said enough bad about it that I just wanted to say to anyone that would listen it's still a damn fine basketball game even if the single player modes are basically useless to me this year. With FIBA scrimmages ramping up I'm back chasing the dragon again.

Crimsonland (PS4): The game that had me coming to this thread just to see if it was mentioned anywhere. It's originally from 2003 and it shows, but I'm getting a lot of flashbacks to even older freeware stuff you'd download from AOL's ANTagonist Online store. So for me it's a fun little $8 nostalgia trip that actually happens to feature some really cool power ups and weapons that make an absurdly simple game by 2014 standards still feel fun and fresh. I'll have to try it with a couple friends sometime (they added four player co-op to the PS4 version) because chapter 2.10 is unbelievably hard after a pretty simple first 19 levels (each level takes about a minute, minute and a half to beat, so it's the perfect mindless popcorn game).

The Pinball Arcade (PS4): (Update from when I originally wrote this: I totally bought Season One when it went on sale for $20 last week, I totally think this might be the best game on my PS4) I still haven't bit the bullet and ordered the $30 Season One pass yet but good lord have I come close numerous times since discovering this as a free download last week. You only get Tales of the Arabian Nights for free but as someone who was six or seven when this table was originally released it's the perfect hook for me since it was one of the last major national tables. Most of the tables are also hard enough that I haven't hit the first high score on them yet (Star Trek: TNG, Funhouse and High Speed, all of which I played as a kid, being exceptions), which is the limit for free play on a table you don't own. Most tables are sold individually or in a pack of 2/3 for $5, which at 22 tables means you basically buy the season pass or bleed money. I'll probably get the whole thing later this week, it's seriously SUCH a good table emulator, each table has its own feel.

Hohokum (PS4): Only gave it about a half hour the other day, seems exactly up my alley. It's beautiful, it's weird, it makes a lot of cool sounds and does obtuse Fez-type stuff. These are the sorts of games that have kept me a fan of Sony's platforms from the beginning.

Fez (PS4): Speaking of Fez, I'd never actually played it before so every so often I try to get into it, and it truly seems like an amazing game. I'm just not sure my mind is calibrated to seek out what Fez is offering. I kind of wish it'd been on PS3 from go so I could have been wrapped up in the zeitgeist with everyone else.

P.T. (PS4): Holy fuck. Holy fuck until I got completely stuck with no apparent way to move forward, fumbled around with my quivering girlfriend for 15 minutes until she calmed down and loudly declared, "fuck this game, it was cool until it got impossible." I really, really want to see what Silent Hills ends up being now, though.

Rogue Legacy (PS4): Fuck this game? Every time I think I'm done with it, I give it one more try and end up slumped in my chair an hour later, feeling like I barely made any progress and probably won't play the game again. But then a few hours later, or sometime the next day, some itch manifests deep in the recesses of my hypothalamus and there I am again, reaching for the controller and just one...more...run...

Watch Dogs (PS4): I posted my most recent thoughts on the game in the main thread, but man. What a disappointingly neat idea for a game to be made later.

The Last of Us Remastered (PS4): Still a fantastic game, still gorgeous. My headphones' left channel went out shortly after I bought it so I've been waiting for a replacement pair but I'm really excited to experience this thing all over again. What a ride.

Injustice: Gods Among Us (PS4): It's easier than Mortal Kombat 9, it's prettier, and it's a little weird if you've played a lot of Mortal Kombat. But I thought they actually did a great job of making a tighter, more engaging story mode experience this time around and I think they captured DC's characters in cutscene a little more naturally than they did their own. The environment attacks and having all the DLC characters pre-loaded into the game is a nice bonus and I'm very happy to have bought it for $8 recently in a PSN sale. Anyone with even a passing interest in comics should give the story mode a shot, it's great fun.

-------

plus one new game:

Madden NFL 15 (PS4): First Madden I've purchased since Madden 12, first one I've been happy to have purchased since Madden 07. It's a solid game of football that actually has explained the concepts of football to me through its tutorial better than any TV show, commentary or video game ever has. I used to see Madden games in the basic routes but I'm starting to actually see it as a football sim now. I will say that the Franchise mode and Ultimate Team stuff seem entirely too complicated. I just want to play football; Madden 07's Franchise was as deep as it ever needed to go. All this XP stuff is insane.

-------

And stuff I'm looking forward to:

inFamous: First Light (PS4): I was beyond stoked for this game up until the moment it was released and every review said it's a disappointment compared to the first game. I was never looking forward to playing as Fetch (unlike a lot of critics, I didn't think she was any more enjoyable than the other dumb characters in that game) but I was definitely looking forward to more inFamous. I still really want to play it but I keep finding excuses not to now that I've read from multiple sources it's more like a glorified demo for Second Son with a really, really dumb story on top.

Destiny (PS4): Ever since the Beta I've been beyond stoked for this game. The first FPS I've had legitimate excitement for since Bioshock Infinite.

NBA 2K15 (PS4): NBA 2K14 ended up being a disappointment off the court but it was probably the best basketball game I've ever played on the court. I can't wait to see what a full year focused on the new consoles does for this game.

Far Cry 4 (PS4): I'll be honest I've never played a Far Cry game before, but this one looks like it's going to be the best place to start.

The Walking Dead S02E04+05 (PS3): I heard 4 was short and disappointing much the same way 4 was in the Wolf Among Us, so I saved it for Episode 5. I should stop dawdling, actually, and fire that up as soon as I'm done with this post.

~~~~~~~~~
"This is the streets, and I am the trap." � Jay Bilas
http://www.popmatters.com/pm/archive/contributor/517
Hip Hop Handbook: http://tinyurl.com/ll4kzz

topaz
Member since Nov 28th 2002
6236 posts
Wed Sep-03-14 09:19 PM

16. "RE: Fez"
In response to Reply # 7

I enjoyed the game as a puzzle platformer, but I wouldn't go as far as calling it amazing. Granted I didn't bother to seek out the secret stuff after I beat it, but I dread all the backtracking that's required. If they made it so that you can warp to any location, it would've been a lot better. Cool/trippy ending though.

-
Gang Starr / Nujabes blend - https://youtu.be/lsci1vu6ick
DOOM Tribute - https://youtu.be/qmBQ2BDefKM
Donut of the Heart cover in Javascript - https://youtu.be/afLc2CkC8lk

Dr_Gonzo
Member since Feb 07th 2007
1523 posts
Sat Sep-06-14 12:37 AM

22. "First Light"
In response to Reply # 7

Is good. The story is alright, but there aren't really any surprises or reveals or anything. Shit. She went over the basics in the game with you anyway. What it's really about, though, are the arenas. They're challenging, fast paced, and pretty rewarding to get through. After you beat the game (just four or five hours), you can play them with Delsin and all of his powers, too. Then you really get to see the difference between the characters and how they play.

I never got Watch Dogs. I was broke as shit when it came out, so I went back and finished playing Sleeping Dogs when I wanted a sandbox fix. I keep hearing that Watch Dogs is just alright though.

Playa_Politician
Member since Jul 29th 2006
5495 posts
Tue Sep-02-14 10:43 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
8. "Playing Madden 15, Diablo III and Watch Dogs"
In response to Reply # 0

don't know if i'll finish Watch Dogs, a few hours in, not really feeling it.

Waiting on:
GTA V for another go around w/better graphics, maybe i'll get online more.
Halo MCC this will get plenty of play when folks come over.

--sig--
n/a

Grand_Royal
Charter member
33210 posts
Wed Sep-03-14 11:43 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IMClick to send message via ICQ
13. "I liked WD at first, but got boring and multiplayer was weak"
In response to Reply # 8

>don't know if i'll finish Watch Dogs, a few hours in, not
>really feeling it.

bearfield
Member since Mar 10th 2005
8049 posts
Wed Sep-03-14 01:17 AM

9. "RE: What game(s) are you playing now? Looking forward to? (Sept 2014)"
In response to Reply # 0
Wed Sep-03-14 01:32 AM by bearfield

playing:

dota 2: it's still really really good. i wish more people on these boards would get into it. sick of playing with random south americans and eastern bloc folks

nuclear throne: you guys are going to love this game when it comes to consoles. it's a top down dual joystick roguelike that plays like a bullet hell game. it's still in early access so i'm not playing too much but i really like it when i do play it

fifa 14: i've come to the conclusion that this is the worst fifa i've ever played. there is something about the way the game compensates for the stat gap in career mode that makes me want to throw my controller through my tv. no fouls are ever called on the CPU team. my players are constantly throwing their hands in the path of the ball for handball calls. they love to do this in our penalty area. my carefully constructed team of speedy/agile players (including gotze, el shaarawy, bruma, bakkali) are constantly run down by 6'2" CB's with < 70 sprint speed and out-maneuvered by players with terrible agility stats. it's so frustrating and completely obvious that the devs decided to crank up the stats of the players on the opposing team instead of doing something difficult or in their job description like writing good A.I. i don't think i'm buying fifa 15, especially since all they are doing is going on about how good the grass + crowds look. but i still play 14 a few times a week, hoping for that 1 in 6 or 7 chance of getting a game that feels good. i may just need to cut my losses and go back to 13

skyrim: mods really give this game a long tail. i've passed the peak of the experience curve with my current character so i'm getting bored. also i'm too powerful. i still need to finish the dlc quests i've started. i think i'm going to try to make a glass cannon wizard with my next character

looking forward to:

far cry 4: looks like more of the same but that's fine with me. hopefully they optimized the engine a bit so it will run better on PC than 3 did

bloodborne: i want to play this. like badly. i may even get a ps4 for it. dark souls is in my top 10 favorite games ever and it's probably my favorite game of the last generation. dark souls II was a bit of a disappointment due to hidetaka miyazaki's reduced involvement. the games he directs have a feel that is completely unique to video games. the way they are constructed and presented: that oppressive atmosphere; the feeling that the game world existed independent of you, like the devs somehow found this weird world and decided to make a game out of it; the challenge, the learning curve, the sense of accomplishment. no other game does these things like a miyazaki-directed game. they are so fucking good

civilization: beyond earth: could be good. seems like an unoffical sequel to alpha centauri

Paps_Smear
Member since Feb 02nd 2009
4254 posts
Wed Sep-03-14 09:56 AM

12. "RE: What game(s) are you playing now? Looking forward to? (Sept 2014)"
In response to Reply # 9

>dota 2: it's still really really good. i wish more people on
>these boards would get into it. sick of playing with random
>south americans and eastern bloc folks

This is what KILLED me playing Dota2. I would play on an american server, but I always got placed with people that didn't speak english and got pissed at me because I did so they just trolled the entire time. This game is all about communication so it just takes so much away.

You, Sir, need to come over to the dark side and play League!

=================
Official Okay-Super Villain™

I only play the games that I win at -
Gamertag: Innovator
PSN: DurtyGambino
Steam: Durty Gambino
Twitch.tv/durtygambino

celery77
Member since Aug 04th 2005
25307 posts
Thu Sep-04-14 09:12 AM

17. "you hated FIFA 14? huh, I thought it was the best yet..."
In response to Reply # 9

>fifa 14: i've come to the conclusion that this is the worst
>fifa i've ever played. there is something about the way the
>game compensates for the stat gap in career mode that makes me
>want to throw my controller through my tv. no fouls are ever
>called on the CPU team. my players are constantly throwing
>their hands in the path of the ball for handball calls. they
>love to do this in our penalty area. my carefully constructed
>team of speedy/agile players (including gotze, el shaarawy,
>bruma, bakkali) are constantly run down by 6'2" CB's with < 70
>sprint speed and out-maneuvered by players with terrible
>agility stats. it's so frustrating and completely obvious
>that the devs decided to crank up the stats of the players on
>the opposing team instead of doing something difficult or in
>their job description like writing good A.I. i don't think
>i'm buying fifa 15, especially since all they are doing is
>going on about how good the grass + crowds look. but i still
>play 14 a few times a week, hoping for that 1 in 6 or 7 chance
>of getting a game that feels good. i may just need to cut my
>losses and go back to 13

Personally, I hated the fact in FIFA 13 that speed was the only stat you really needed to care about, and dudes would just take guys like Peter Odemwingie and lump balls behind for them and they'd bag goals like Messi just because of one stat. It was nothing but a track meet, just lumping it and running behind.

So in 14 they added positional defending, and now you couldn't just play it behind a CB for you striker to run onto, because the CB can (as in real life) block that striker's path to the ball with good positioning. You have to actually do things like work the ball into a position where a CB is caught in two minds and you only get a ball behind by dragging the D out of position. And I've never had a problem with handballs (and I'm pretty sure you can turn them off?), but anyway I've always hated the FIFA players who just hunt stats and abuse whatever is easiest to abuse in the game. And jeez, those assembled speed teams, just holding down the "two-man press" the entire time and knowing fuck-else about defending.

The stat in FIFA 14 that seems most abused is ball control and dribbling, because you can lump to guys like Zlatan and they'll be able to suck it in and dribble past any defender in the game. It's pretty funny going against guys who just abuse the skill trick stick if you know how to actually pick off a dribble. You can tell they're so conditioned to walking past any AI defender they like, you can pick their pocket every time you get them 1v1 with an actual defender. And to that end I heard in FIFA 15 they're trying to simulate physics on the ball, so longs balls are harder to control than short, close passes, for example, and volleys are harder to hit on long balls, etc. That's the part I'm looking forward to.

Anyway -- to each their own. Lack of fouls aside (although I still get fouled, just rarely near the box, very occasional PK), I thought the defending re-vamp fixed a lot of the problems of FIFA 13...

HOPE!
https://vine.co/v/i7JjIBL3Qix
https://vine.co/v/i7JtqEFwxDu

bearfield
Member since Mar 10th 2005
8049 posts
Thu Sep-04-14 03:31 PM

19. "my complaints may be relegated to career mode + playing on all manual"
In response to Reply # 17
Thu Sep-04-14 03:45 PM by bearfield

because when the few matches i've played online have felt fine. even the international matches in career mode have played better than some of the league matches

but i don't play fifa online much because people tend to abuse whatever can be abused and that sucks the fun out of the game. and i'm on PC, where it seems to be difficult to find matches most of the time. so 99% of my time with this game is spent in career mode and that's where all the B.S. stat matching seems to reside. i'm sure if i just played online or did local MP this game would be great. for the record i play with all assists off (everything except goalkeeping set to manual) on world class. trying to work my way up to legendary

it's not just the stat buffing/nerfing that makes me hate this game. it's the fact that manual switching often doesn't work like it is supposed to. LB switching is completely useless ~25% of the time and RS switching is slow and imprecise. my A.I. players take terrible angles when trying to meet long balls. i can't switch away from my players until the ball gets near someone else. i can't tell you how many across the field lobbed through balls i've missed because the game wouldn't let me switch players or the A.I. took an insane angle that would never let them actually reach the ball

there's the way the A.I. steals the ball from ridiculous angles as you are controlling it and/or making your first move (generally from behind with no foul called), the increased pass error chance (even on manual) when playing away from home, the apparent lack of a stat check for lobbed passes (B on alternate controls) that leads to crazy accurate and physics-defying passes when clearing the ball from the penalty area, the fact that away games in the rain feel like you're playing in mud but home rainy games feel normal, the fact that corners are broken, the way defenders can grab dribblers from behind with no foul call, etc. it's maddening

there is a lot to like about how this game moves and feels but it's completely undercut by the fact that it rarely plays like that in career mode. i realize that games need to "cheat" every now and then because humans will always find and exploit weaknesses in the A.I. and that eventually makes the game boring but the way FIFA 14 cheats seems so blatant and lazy. i don't remember feeling like this when i played 09, 10, 12 and 13

ChanEpic
Charter member
4298 posts
Wed Sep-03-14 09:27 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
10. "RE: What game(s) are you playing now? Looking forward to? (Sept 2014)"
In response to Reply # 0

Now: Madden 15, Forza 5, NBA 2k14, Watch Dogs

Then: Destiny, Destiny, Destiny, Evolution, New Civ game.

Madden's training and gauntlet are better than the actual game.

wallysmith
Charter member
7808 posts
Wed Sep-03-14 09:39 AM

11. "Pillars of Eternity and Wasteland 2"
In response to Reply # 0

These 2D isometric strategy games have my nostalgia factor on overdrive

Lach
Charter member
44326 posts
Wed Sep-03-14 01:47 PM

14. "RE: What game(s) are you playing now? Looking forward to? (Sept 2014)"
In response to Reply # 0

playing my usual COD Ghosts, and now Infamous First Light, Madden 15, and trying to get Dance Central Spotlight to work. But for some reason the damn game doesn't want to boot up even though I've deleted it and re-downloaded. XOne got issues with that sometimes.

Looking forward to
Destiny
Forza Horizon 2
Sunset Overdrive
COD AW
Far Cry 4
NBA 2K14
Master Chief Collection
AC Unity
GTA 5 on next gen

osu_no_1
Member since Feb 26th 2003
9414 posts
Tue Sep-09-14 04:36 AM

26. "Xbox one reinstall issues"
In response to Reply # 14

I had to do that with titanfall. Took forever

Dr Claw
Member since Jun 25th 2003
132214 posts
Wed Sep-03-14 04:56 PM

15. "You already know..."
In response to Reply # 0

Playing:

Persona 4 Arena - PS3
Ultra Street Fighter 4 - PS3, 360
Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate - PS3

Awaiting:

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax - PS3 (release date 9/30)

might be my game of the year if it turns out right.

Dr Claw
Member since Jun 25th 2003
132214 posts
Thu Oct-16-14 07:57 AM

30. "So about this"
In response to Reply # 15

>Persona 4 Arena Ultimax - PS3 (release date 9/30)
>
>might be my game of the year if it turns out right.

Atlus severely ate the poo poo on the US release of this by locking out the Japanese voice track for the story mode (it matters, dogg... like watching a film on home video in another language with no subtitled option)

the gameplay's solid, but in their zeal not to "region lock" they cheaped out and got sloppy with the localization. also, the Premium version of this game on import is like $4 more, with a lot of DLC freebies (Japanese DLC on PSN is a pain in the ass though)

waiting on Omega Mode USFIV and Guilty Gear Xrd now. Let's go.

celery77
Member since Aug 04th 2005
25307 posts
Thu Sep-04-14 09:17 AM

18. "Destiny, (sadly) Minecraft on XB1, FIFA 15, new Forza"
In response to Reply # 0

I think that might be my whole haul for this year, until Evolve comes out.

I have Minecraft on X360, but it's become increasingly tedious to turn on that system now that I have everything running through the XB1. So I'm excited to be able to click over to it just through the dashboard whenever the mood suits me. Plus the maps will get bigger, so I'm sorta excited to start a new colony, see what kind of layout I get this time...

Destiny is the big one, lots of friends on board for that one, too. Expect that to fill the FPS whole for a while (oh I guess I'll get the Halo collection, too, whenever that lands).

can't wait for FIFA 15, held off on 14 for the next gen because I hate the cross-gen developed games, knew smart money would hold out until they had a bigger development cycle for the next generation. Very much looking forward to the leap.

Also skipped the launch cycle Forza, mainly because I was hoping they were going to drop the price on it. Well, if they're going to roll out a new, current Forza for the same $60 price tag, sure I'll bite. It's always been a great franchise, I checked kinda regularly hoping to see a sale on the launch cycle one.

HOPE!
https://vine.co/v/i7JjIBL3Qix
https://vine.co/v/i7JtqEFwxDu

chillinCHiEF
Charter member
39873 posts
Thu Sep-04-14 11:30 PM

20. "I just started playing Velocity 2X"
In response to Reply # 0

So far it seems really, really cool. It's like one of those old school games that had shooter levels and platforming levels, and both seem to be really competent.

They released Don't Starve on Vita recently and I'm worried I will become addicted so I haven't touched it after downloading. Don't Starve on PS4 was easily the game I played the most this year.

I'm looking forward to Bloodborne. Everything I've seen looks amazing. In the mean time I might check out Destiny, and I made a bet with a friend and won so I'll be getting GTA V on PS4 for free.

BrillRick
Member since Jan 05th 2005
2479 posts
Fri Sep-05-14 12:19 PM

21. "Just finished up Crown of the Sunken King"
In response to Reply # 0

Now working Crown of the Old Iron King

- Also playing Invisible Inc, new game from Klei, makers of one of my favorite games ever Mark of the Ninja. This is a procedurally generated turn based stealth strategy game. It is in early access, now and it is brutally hard

- Halfway, saw the quicklook on GiantBomb and that hooked me. It is basically New X-Com with 16 bit graphics, and sci-fi horror monsters. No permadeath of your characters though. Getting it to play was a bitch though there is something up with the resolution.

twitter: lategordon

Check out my podcast Long and Late Movie Show: http://itunes.com/podcast?id=498789655

Dr_Gonzo
Member since Feb 07th 2007
1523 posts
Sat Sep-06-14 12:59 AM

23. "I've got so many damn games on hold right now."
In response to Reply # 0

On PS4
I just beat the story in The Last of Us. Now I'm thinking about going back for the things I missed, and I still want to play Left Behind.

I'm going in on the Battle Arenas in Infamous: First Light.

Fez is a cool concept, and a great game to just throw on for a couple minutes.

Velocity 2X is the same.

I'm waiting for
Galak-Z. The concept looks real cool. Every now and then a game like this comes out, and shit ends up being nuts. I'm thinking this is going to be one of them. (Bangai-O and Ikaruga)

Final Fantasy: Type-0

Hotline Miami 2

The Legend of Korra
The game looks like it'll be alright-- maybe even pretty good-- but that Pro-Bending Arena mode looks like it'll be the shit.

Then of course Uncharted 4
Batman: Arkham Knight and
Final Fantasy XV
whenever they come out.

PS3 is running
El Shaddai
Ni No Kuni (great game, but I keep forgetting about it)
Zone of the Enders 2 on the HD collection
Catherine
Still kind of messing around in DMC: Devil May Cry and
Metal Gear Rising

and I'll be glad to play Kingdom Hearts 2 again, when it comes out.

Lach
Charter member
44326 posts
Sat Sep-06-14 01:19 PM

24. "and XOne is selling Minecraft for $4.99 for those who own the 360 versio..."
In response to Reply # 0

it automatically shows up on XOne for $4.99. My son was happy as hell.

hiphopislife19
Member since Dec 08th 2004
159 posts
Mon Sep-08-14 06:43 PM

25. "RE: What game(s) are you playing now? Looking forward to? (Sept 2014)"
In response to Reply # 0

Just Completed Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, Currently playing wolfenstein the new order, and grabbing Destiny Tonight!!! Thank god i'm done with school.

PSN: XisKING85
GET READY!!!

osu_no_1
Member since Feb 26th 2003
9414 posts
Tue Sep-09-14 04:39 AM

27. "haven't been playing anything"
In response to Reply # 0

Looking forward to destiny and forza horizon 2

Maybe FIFA 15 and NBA 2k15

Lach
Charter member
44326 posts
Wed Oct-15-14 11:59 AM

28. "Xbox One is killing it with systems with free games"
In response to Reply # 0
Wed Oct-15-14 12:01 PM by Lach

I just saw that in addition to them Forza, Madden, COD, and Sunset Overdrive bundles they've been advertising, they're now also doing a Assassins Creed Unity/Black Flag bundle. Damn.
http://www.xbox.com/en-us/xbox-one/consoles

wallysmith
Charter member
7808 posts
Wed Oct-15-14 12:53 PM

29. "If Sunset Overdrive reviews well..."
In response to Reply # 28

that may be the bundle that decides which system I'm going.

jetblack
Member since Nov 14th 2004
44804 posts
Fri Oct-17-14 07:35 AM

31. "Eff all this. Give me that new COD, BF and Fallout 4"
In response to Reply # 0

Bethesda you rat bastards...where is FO4?

---
Stoicism and chill.
---
Stay +.
---

Lobby High-Tech topic #291838 Previous topic | Next topic