Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby High-Tech topic #290844

Subject: "BATTLEFIELD HARDLINE (Beta)" Previous topic | Next topic
jetblack
Member since Nov 14th 2004
44804 posts
Thu Jun-19-14 07:59 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"BATTLEFIELD HARDLINE (Beta)"

Who got an invite?

This game is bananas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ex1GlZS-t7c&oref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dex1GlZS-t7c&has_verified=1

If you didn't already know it's GTA as a Battlefield FPS.

---
Stoicism and chill.
---
Stay +.
---

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
finally got my beta code last night...
Jun 19th 2014
how are they giving out Beta keys? pre-orders?
Jun 19th 2014
I got mines from....
Jun 19th 2014
there will be one later for Xbox One - PS3's & 360's
Jun 19th 2014
thanks for the replies n/m
Jun 20th 2014
I signed up at the BFHL website
Jun 23rd 2014
im in, its ok i guess. the original GTA mod of BF2 was better lol
Jun 20th 2014
Give it a chance
Jun 23rd 2014
How the FOCK do I use this grappling hook?
Jun 23rd 2014
aim it at the edges of short buildings...
Jun 23rd 2014
      I'll try it today!
Jun 23rd 2014
      works! very cool!
Jun 27th 2014
public Beta up on XB1 (dunno about PS4) -- it's fun, it's Battlefield
Feb 04th 2015
Don't like it
Feb 04th 2015
psssshh -- snipers, m i rite?
Feb 04th 2015
      You mean how everyone can be one now?
Feb 04th 2015
           fair point -- I just chalked that up to me still learning the maps
Feb 04th 2015
I'm excited.
Feb 04th 2015
ya imma pass, i mean im sure if it drops in price
Feb 04th 2015
I'll try anything free (just go to the PS4 store's Spotlight and it's th...
Feb 04th 2015
yeah, I think what you mean is called Hotwire? it's in there.
Feb 04th 2015
ehhh. glad there was a beta. Imma pass on this
Feb 05th 2015
trying to figure out if i even want to install the beta
Feb 05th 2015
For some reason I thought it was a different kind of game
Feb 05th 2015
11 GB plus an hour install...
Feb 06th 2015
I liked the Beta but I don't need another shooter in my life right now
Feb 07th 2015
and these graphics.. I mean graphics aint everything but YIKES
Feb 07th 2015
It's very beta...
Feb 09th 2015
      I sure hope so
Feb 09th 2015
new Blood Money mode is fun as hell, FYI
Mar 19th 2015
Sounds awesome.
Mar 19th 2015
      yeah + the other key is you're defenseless while taking cash from a pile
Mar 19th 2015
I'm impressed with the single player...
Mar 30th 2015

KnowOne
Charter member
39945 posts
Thu Jun-19-14 08:34 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "finally got my beta code last night..."
In response to Reply # 0

cant wait to play it today.

IG: KnowOne215 | PS+ ID: KnowOne215

celery77
Member since Aug 04th 2005
25307 posts
Thu Jun-19-14 09:14 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "how are they giving out Beta keys? pre-orders?"
In response to Reply # 0

and are they doing Beta on XB1? Previous Battlefield Betas have been great...

HOPE!
https://vine.co/v/i7JjIBL3Qix
https://vine.co/v/i7JtqEFwxDu

KnowOne
Charter member
39945 posts
Thu Jun-19-14 09:29 AM

3. "I got mines from...."
In response to Reply # 2

attending a Sony E3 event in philly. But I think you can also try signing up here:

http://www.battlefield.com/hardline/beta?utm_medium=email&utm_source=arm&utm_campaign=omaha-email-na-gem-arm-na-omahabeta-bfpremium-cohort-ps4-BF4_Owner_PS4_US&sourceid=omaha-email-na-gem-arm-na-omahabeta-bfpremium-cohort-ps4-BF4_Owner_PS4_US

Boogiedwn
Member since Sep 25th 2003
8677 posts
Thu Jun-19-14 09:30 AM

4. "there will be one later for Xbox One - PS3's & 360's"
In response to Reply # 2

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/battlefield-hardline-beta-confirmed-for-xbox-one-and-last-gen/1100-6420511/

In an interview with Official Xbox Magazine, DICE General Manager Karl-Magnus Troedsson revealed that the Battlefield Hardline beta will be coming to Xbox One as well as PS3 and Xbox 360. "We will have a beta on on all platforms before release," Troedsson confirmed.

Last week during its E3 press conference, Electronic Arts announced that it was launching a closed beta for Hardline on PC and PlayStation 4. The length of the beta is unknown.

Previously, no word had been given that the beta would launch on the Xbox One. Troedsson assuaged Xbox users but clarified that the Xbox beta would be different than the one currently running. "It won't be this beta on Xbox," he said. "It's not going to be the same version, just to be clear." There will be different content playable for Xbox users, although the nature of this new content has not been announced.

celery77
25307 posts
Fri Jun-20-14 09:27 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "thanks for the replies n/m"
In response to Reply # 4

HOPE!

jetblack
44804 posts
Mon Jun-23-14 07:24 AM

7. "I signed up at the BFHL website"
In response to Reply # 2

and I was on the BF3/4 betas...

---
Stoicism and chill.
---
Stay +.
---

GriftyMcgrift
Member since May 22nd 2002
20414 posts
Fri Jun-20-14 06:02 PM

6. "im in, its ok i guess. the original GTA mod of BF2 was better lol"
In response to Reply # 0

i dunno maybe cause im a little burnt out on bf4(think im over 400 hours)

but i havent really gotten into it yet

jetblack
44804 posts
Mon Jun-23-14 08:26 AM

8. "Give it a chance"
In response to Reply # 6

It's very fun. When you ride Shotgun you can sit in the window and buck em down.

---
Stoicism and chill.
---
Stay +.
---

jetblack
44804 posts
Mon Jun-23-14 08:26 AM

9. "How the FOCK do I use this grappling hook?"
In response to Reply # 0

Am I doing something wrong here?

---
Stoicism and chill.
---
Stay +.
---

KnowOne
Charter member
39945 posts
Mon Jun-23-14 11:51 AM

10. "aim it at the edges of short buildings..."
In response to Reply # 9

you'll see the edge light up bright blue. Once you shoot it you have to walk over to the rope and climb up.

jetblack
44804 posts
Mon Jun-23-14 12:05 PM

11. "I'll try it today!"
In response to Reply # 10

---
Stoicism and chill.
---
Stay +.
---

jetblack
44804 posts
Fri Jun-27-14 12:39 PM

12. "works! very cool!"
In response to Reply # 10

---
Stoicism and chill.
---
Stay +.
---

celery77
25307 posts
Wed Feb-04-15 10:23 AM

13. "public Beta up on XB1 (dunno about PS4) -- it's fun, it's Battlefield"
In response to Reply # 0

I was playing mainly as an Engine-- errr, Mechanic? Only unlocked a few of the basics on my gear, so can't say completely how it's going to play, but I do have to say the cash unlock system is instantly better at letting me progress how I like. I also like how they've tweaked some of the class items, like Engi-Mechanic has the tactical insertion point now, the ammo class opens up restricted to shotguns as opposed to LMGs, etc.

Also, if you're like me and learned how to drive choppers way back on X360 Battlefields, don't forget to change your controls. First time I got in the cockpit was a disaster. Choppers seems like they have some real power in the vehicle stealing maps, though, because they are tough as hell on the cars.

Fun fun fun. Me and a squaddie were already working through level strats, were laughing at snipers just like the good ol' days. Love me some BF.

HOPE!

Paps_Smear
Member since Feb 02nd 2009
4254 posts
Wed Feb-04-15 11:32 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
14. "Don't like it"
In response to Reply # 0
Wed Feb-04-15 11:33 AM by Paps_Smear

And I'm a Battlefield fanatic, and a snipe god

I kinda don't dig this, not even when I got invited to the alpha way back.

This could have easily been an expansion. Looks like I'll skip this and continue to play Battlefield 4

=================
Official Okay-Super Villain™

I only play the games that I win at -
Gamertag: Innovator
PSN: DurtyGambino
Steam: Durty Gambino
Twitch.tv/durtygambino

celery77
25307 posts
Wed Feb-04-15 12:01 PM

15. "psssshh -- snipers, m i rite?"
In response to Reply # 14

I'll admit the graphics were a bit further back than I was expecting, but besides that it was just Battlefield. Beta map selection is a little limited, but still interesting, but I guess I am placing faith the full release will offer a bit more variety.

HOPE!

Paps_Smear
Member since Feb 02nd 2009
4254 posts
Wed Feb-04-15 02:12 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
17. "You mean how everyone can be one now?"
In response to Reply # 15

I was getting head shot left and right from these bums. The series to me made those head shots from far away mean something, you had to have skill, account for bullet drop from different ranges.

I know all those people ain't that good. Maybe the map set up that puts you on a street in the middle of a downtown area makes it easy for someone to sit at the top of a parking garage and just shoot down on you. That's too easy. I don't mind buildings, but I want a more vast open area.

That and it just doesn't feel like the all out full scale war that I like. If I'm going to play conquest I'll just stick to the regular series.

The cops and robbers idea is cool I guess, but it could have easily been an expansion.

=================
Official Okay-Super Villain™

I only play the games that I win at -
Gamertag: Innovator
PSN: DurtyGambino
Steam: Durty Gambino
Twitch.tv/durtygambino

celery77
25307 posts
Wed Feb-04-15 02:45 PM

18. "fair point -- I just chalked that up to me still learning the maps"
In response to Reply # 17

I was doing the Heist mission (bank vault theft or whatever) and we were getting hemmed up in a little spot because there were two snipers just raining down on us. But I just took it as the real problem is I didn't know the map, because those dudes were just sitting in a super exposed position that I realized later I could have easily flanked and cleared out, only I just repetitively chased after the package objective that they had sniped out.

I did get head-shotted while driving one of the Hotwire cars once that seemed pretty egregious, but again I was like stuck on a rock and the dude, once the kill came came up, was in a wide open central position that was good for shooting, not good for any kind of counter-sniping or shooting. Just like all BFs, as I was unlocking class items it seemed like other strategies could easily open up (using grappling hooks / zip lines, using tactical insertion, having counter-sniping / counter-shotgun items) but I was just figuring out how to even handle the objectives last night.

But yeah, it was claustrophobic compared to other BFs, but that didn't bother me since I felt like some of the maps in BF4 were a little too big (although I only played on X360, so I never really saw them up to their full server limit they were designed for, sooo...).

HOPE!

wallysmith
Charter member
7808 posts
Wed Feb-04-15 12:12 PM

16. "I'm excited."
In response to Reply # 0

BF3 was disappointing and I was never able to jump into BF4.

Gonna grab this for PS4 for sure.

GriftyMcgrift
20414 posts
Wed Feb-04-15 05:31 PM

19. "ya imma pass, i mean im sure if it drops in price"
In response to Reply # 16

ill pick it up. but i got like 900 hours in bf4 soo

Nodima
Member since Jul 30th 2008
15308 posts
Wed Feb-04-15 06:56 PM

20. "I'll try anything free (just go to the PS4 store's Spotlight and it's th..."
In response to Reply # 0
Wed Feb-04-15 06:57 PM by Nodima

But I'm curious do they have the mode I've been hearing some interesting hype about where you have to take control of specific cars sort of like Capture the Flag except you're only getting points if you're driving them over a specific speed like 30MPH or something? That sounds really neat and I'd like to try it.

Otherwise I think the Alpha was the first I'd played any Battlefield ever, and it was an interesting idea then but I hadn't let Destiny and GTAV's FPS sink their teeth into me yet so I wasn't too interested in playing an FPS.

~~~~~~~~~
"This is the streets, and I am the trap." � Jay Bilas
http://www.popmatters.com/pm/archive/contributor/517
Hip Hop Handbook: http://tinyurl.com/ll4kzz

celery77
25307 posts
Wed Feb-04-15 07:41 PM

21. "yeah, I think what you mean is called Hotwire? it's in there."
In response to Reply # 20

and it's interesting and fun (or at least I thought). There's two separate maps for it.

It definitely feels chaotic in the Beta, but I did have one round where the team I was playing against didn't just have the stolen cars, but they were driving the stolen cars seemingly in unison as they hunted any opponent cars that started moving. So whereas in the chaotic matches it felt like you just steal a car and defend against enemies trying to stop you, this team was organized enough to be offensive with their car fleet. It was interesting. Also figured out the chopper feels more dominant than ever in that mode, so I'm looking forward to continue experimenting with that in the Beta.

HOPE!

Lach
Charter member
44326 posts
Thu Feb-05-15 01:01 PM

22. "ehhh. glad there was a beta. Imma pass on this"
In response to Reply # 0

Seems like more battlefield which is good or bad depending on who you talk to. I'd rather cop Evolve next week. I still got a back log and I haven't even started Far Cry 4 yet.

GriftyMcgrift
20414 posts
Thu Feb-05-15 04:43 PM

23. "trying to figure out if i even want to install the beta"
In response to Reply # 22

Lach
Charter member
44326 posts
Thu Feb-05-15 07:18 PM

24. "For some reason I thought it was a different kind of game"
In response to Reply # 23
Thu Feb-05-15 07:18 PM by Lach

But as soon as I got into a match I was like this is Battlefield. If you like Battlefield, you'll probably love it.

jetblack
44804 posts
Fri Feb-06-15 09:52 AM

25. "11 GB plus an hour install..."

it's very fun. Cops vs Robbers. The desert level is awesome.

---
Stoicism and chill.
---
Stay +.
---

mrshow
Charter member
12567 posts
Sat Feb-07-15 12:20 AM

26. "I liked the Beta but I don't need another shooter in my life right now"

Destiny us still in rotation and after Far cry 4 and Wolfenstein, I need a break from first person shooters.

Lach
Charter member
44326 posts
Sat Feb-07-15 04:23 PM

27. "and these graphics.. I mean graphics aint everything but YIKES"
In response to Reply # 0

My son downloaded it before me and when I first saw him playing I thought he was playing Bad Company on Xbox 360 or something. Then I looked closer and saw he was on the X-1. I was like WTF.

jetblack
44804 posts
Mon Feb-09-15 08:19 AM

28. "It's very beta..."
In response to Reply # 27

they give you the gameplay to try for free. The graphics will be there when it's released.

---
Stoicism and chill.
---
Stay +.
---

Lach
Charter member
44326 posts
Mon Feb-09-15 10:43 AM

29. "I sure hope so"
In response to Reply # 28

celery77
25307 posts
Thu Mar-19-15 09:16 AM

30. "new Blood Money mode is fun as hell, FYI"
In response to Reply # 0

I actually haven't even tried the Hotwire mode yet (Conquest, but with moving cars), because I fired up Blood Money and it was just too much fun. There's basically three points -- Cash Pile in the middle, your vault, and the Enemy vault, and it's a race to get cash by grabbing it out of the Cash Pile and putting it in your vault. Only you can steal from vaults that have cash in them, or you can mow down money carriers and just take their cash anyway. It's great, lightly tactical, but definitely ramps up the action (per Battlefield standards) because you have three points you're basically always fighting over, with people shuttling back and forth all the time.

New levels are cool. Graphics definitely look a bit stepped up from the Beta. Overall, I'm very happy with it. Wouldn't necessarily recommend it to a non-Battlefield fan, but I definitely think it's a cool departure from the vehicle dominated, huge open maps of BF4.

HOPE!

wallysmith
Charter member
7808 posts
Thu Mar-19-15 10:28 AM

31. "Sounds awesome."
In response to Reply # 30

Read the description last night and it sounded like Capture the Flag, but it sounds like the cash pile is static and there are now multiple "flags". These new modes sound inspired.

Only played about an hour last night, but it was all Hotwire... and that shit is fun as hell, haha. Rolling in a full squad with friends so everyone spawns in the ride together. There are five "Conquest" cars and a ton of other cars to track those rides. Lots of head-on collisions, frantic bailing from burning rides and lots of explosions.

I completely missed BF4, but hot damn does it feel good to jump back into the franchise.

celery77
25307 posts
Thu Mar-19-15 01:34 PM

32. "yeah + the other key is you're defenseless while taking cash from a pile"
In response to Reply # 31

So there's this constant terror while you have your hand in the cookie jar. What I learned last night, tho, is that the MORE people you have grabbing at the same time, the faster the grab goes. So if you have like five dudes grabbing, the money flies, but if you're by yourself it's so slow. But of course all the dudes on the pile make it RIPE for a grenade, so it's a total valid strategy to just let other people grab cash, then just kill them and pick it all up immediate after they drop it. It's dope, I honestly haven't played anything else since I found it.

HOPE!

jetblack
44804 posts
Mon Mar-30-15 03:47 PM

33. "I'm impressed with the single player..."
In response to Reply # 0

decent story going on.

---
Stoicism and chill.
---
Stay +.
---

Lobby High-Tech topic #290844 Previous topic | Next topic