Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby High-Tech topic #288624

Subject: "NBA 2k14's servers are a fucking disgrace " Previous topic | Next topic
JAESCOTT777
Member since Feb 18th 2006
28487 posts
Fri Jan-17-14 08:09 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"NBA 2k14's servers are a fucking disgrace "

This might be the worst experience yet
And that's saying something

That's all

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
it might be the first 2K I skip since I started with 2K4
Jan 17th 2014
That's why there's no okp league.
Jan 17th 2014
5 years later still broken..... its a fucking disgrace
Jan 17th 2014
that alone is what has me rarely playing any 2K the last few years
Jan 17th 2014
smdh its messed up again now it crashes every time
Jan 17th 2014
agreed. it rarely works for me
Jan 17th 2014
Is it any better on XBOX ONE?
Jan 17th 2014
I would say it's a 2K issue as CoD plays well on PS4.
Jan 18th 2014
I'm pretty sure it's completely fucked on all systems
Jan 20th 2014
I have it for XB1 and it's unplayable online
Apr 04th 2014
Ign link regarding issues:
Jan 18th 2014
yea I noticed Polygon lowered their score from a 8.5 to a 5 the other da...
Jan 18th 2014
Ha ha.
Jan 18th 2014
Sooo....
Apr 03rd 2014
      2K14 next gen is just a bad game.
Apr 03rd 2014
           You can tell they rushed this for launch
Apr 03rd 2014
           What about 360/PS3?
Apr 03rd 2014
                RE: What about 360/PS3?
Apr 03rd 2014
                     Sliders!
Apr 05th 2014
                          Nevermind...
Apr 09th 2014
I've only played a few games online over the last month... seems ok now?
Apr 04th 2014
Yeah I must say its been improved big time
Apr 05th 2014
I've actually played a lot lately
Apr 05th 2014

Nodima
Member since Jul 30th 2008
15294 posts
Fri Jan-17-14 10:05 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "it might be the first 2K I skip since I started with 2K4"
In response to Reply # 0

my original plan was skip the PS3 version, then cop it with a PS4 and inFamous in March, but I'm hearing nothing but bullshit about the PS4 version after the initial glow wore off. Hopefully they really rethink their commitment to VC for 2K15.

~~~~~~~~~
"This is the streets, and I am the trap." © Jay Bilas
http://www.popmatters.com/pm/archive/contributor/517
Hip Hop Handbook: http://tinyurl.com/ll4kzz

LeroyBumpkin
Charter member
36958 posts
Fri Jan-17-14 10:36 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "That's why there's no okp league. "
In response to Reply # 0

NBA 2K9 I think was the last release where we finished multiple seasons. After 2K10 (I think) we could never finish a season online. And when we did, the playoffs wouldn't generate. At the time that was the only reason I played the game. We had some real dedicated owners on here and it was a lot of fun... when the servers were working. So this isn't anything new.

Sad thing is that they'll come back again next year spouting something about "we invested in new servers that will result in a better game experience." I don't believe it. Not saying I'll never cop again, but if I do it won't be for any online playing.

https://digife.com

My_SP1200_Broken_Again
Charter member
57002 posts
Fri Jan-17-14 01:29 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
3. "5 years later still broken..... its a fucking disgrace"
In response to Reply # 2

Lach
Charter member
44324 posts
Fri Jan-17-14 02:54 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "that alone is what has me rarely playing any 2K the last few years"
In response to Reply # 3

We all use to be all over 2K. Now? People just play from time to time offline. It's too damn annoying. I tried one time with someone on 2K14 and was like all these years later and still a problem? F it. Haven't played since.

JAESCOTT777
28487 posts
Fri Jan-17-14 03:17 PM

5. "smdh its messed up again now it crashes every time "
In response to Reply # 2

i open any game mode
apparently its supposed to be a patch coming but who knows

greatest basketball game ever ...ruined by servers (c)malcom x

budz4zo
Member since Dec 07th 2003
2811 posts
Fri Jan-17-14 03:26 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
6. "agreed. it rarely works for me"
In response to Reply # 0

My friend just copped a PS4 and the only game he got was 2k14. He pays the $50 for PS+ and can't even play online. He's heated. 2k servers are horrendous. They should be ashamed of themselves. I wonder if it would be any different if Live (EA) gave them solid competition. Like if we had another option, would 2k be forced to step up their game?

PSNid: garshgreen

budz4zo
2811 posts
Fri Jan-17-14 03:28 PM

7. "Is it any better on XBOX ONE?"
In response to Reply # 0

I'm hoping it's a 2k issue and not a Sony issue. One of them shouldn't get my money in the future.

muzuabo
Member since Dec 03rd 2009
2064 posts
Sat Jan-18-14 10:05 AM

8. "I would say it's a 2K issue as CoD plays well on PS4."
In response to Reply # 7

I haven't had any server related issues while playing CoD on the PS4. I have had issues with the campers but that is another story altogether.

Rjcc
Charter member
94934 posts
Mon Jan-20-14 09:48 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
12. "I'm pretty sure it's completely fucked on all systems"
In response to Reply # 7

http://card.mygamercard.net/lastgame/rjcc.png

www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at

lexx3001
Charter member
9211 posts
Fri Apr-04-14 02:08 AM

18. "I have it for XB1 and it's unplayable online"
In response to Reply # 7

Such a shame because I love the street court setup in "The Park" section. If only games were playable

Stay strong

Lexx

iamlexx.com
newvintagegroup.com
aim: lexx3001

JAESCOTT777
28487 posts
Sat Jan-18-14 08:52 PM

9. "Ign link regarding issues:"
In response to Reply # 0

http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/01/07/online-problems-continue-for-nba-2k14-despite-patches

Nodima
15294 posts
Sat Jan-18-14 09:09 PM

10. "yea I noticed Polygon lowered their score from a 8.5 to a 5 the other da..."
In response to Reply # 9

~~~~~~~~~

LeroyBumpkin
Charter member
36958 posts
Sat Jan-18-14 10:39 PM

11. "Ha ha."
In response to Reply # 9

"And, in an effort to appease 2K customers, 2K itself released a free code for a"special pre-game player animation." However, many were unable to redeem the code because of said server issues."

https://digife.com

jimaveli
Charter member
6586 posts
Thu Apr-03-14 09:56 AM

13. "Sooo...."
In response to Reply # 9

>http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/01/07/online-problems-continue-for-nba-2k14-despite-patches

It isn't just me. I was thinking I was having some bad luck on XB1. Of course the game looks amazing with out of this world presentation values.

Is it all around bad with the lag? Messing up jumpshot timing and all of that? I notice that the folks I've played are all about hitting the lane and giving away jumpers on defense, but I thought it was just them being lames.

Take in mind...I've been out of the game on 2k for about half a decade. And if I played any games between then, 90% of them were offline. I'm trying to get in on this 2k14 on XB1 and mop up the floor with a few homeboys. I've played two games and I can't make open shots reliably on HoF to save my life because of the jacked up timing/lag/etc. 2k2 on Dreamcast (DIAL-UP) felt more stable than what I'm dealing with right now. Say it ain't so!

Jimaveli

Nodima
15294 posts
Thu Apr-03-14 10:22 AM

14. "2K14 next gen is just a bad game."
In response to Reply # 13

it's a shame because it looks beautiful, and that fluidity of motion leads to a lot of fun moments and realistic looking maneuvers. But the calculations and algorithms going on in the background all seem designed to frustrate the hell out of me, and I feel like I've gotten more "your opponent has left the match / disconnected" notices than ever before, many of them coming in the first or second quarter in a two point game leading me to believe it's the servers not the players.

And offline is just...fucking disgusting. Saves tied to the servers being online (if either PSN goes down for maintenance or the 2K servers are having their monthly meltdown, your MyGM save is inaccessible!), Virtual Currency all up in every last crevice of everything, and these fucking MENUS my GOD. I feel like I stumbled into a session of Madden 2002 or something every time I boot the game.

~~~~~~~~~

Lach
Charter member
44324 posts
Thu Apr-03-14 11:47 AM

15. "You can tell they rushed this for launch"
In response to Reply # 14

Hopefully all of this gets addressed for this year's game. Especially the saves tied to the server.

jimaveli
Charter member
6586 posts
Thu Apr-03-14 05:05 PM

16. "What about 360/PS3?"
In response to Reply # 14

I'm all in on getting back into video game basketball now. I'll take the dropoff in graphics if I get a competent experience on 360 or PS3. And I just assume that Live is an embarrassment that can't be bothered with.

On the XB One version of 2k14, I thought that maybe it was just me cuz I've been out of serious 2k play for a while. I'm missing a slew of open shots, the computer BE stealing ERRTHANG, and I'm getting hit with super random 12-2 runs where my guys miss open shots and layups that I worked my ass off to get and then CPU jacks up and hits threes with a hand in face with 1 second on the shot clock on adjacent plays. And don't start me on the 'hit the lane, live at the line' style that I see cats continously playing online. But I guess that's the reaction to not being able to make jumpshots with the super laggy servers.

And pleas...I ain't buying jackets and shoes for a game with a broken server and 'c'mon now' gameplay issues. This shit has me thinking of EA in a better light for Madden...almost.

Jimaveli

>it's a shame because it looks beautiful, and that fluidity of
>motion leads to a lot of fun moments and realistic looking
>maneuvers. But the calculations and algorithms going on in the
>background all seem designed to frustrate the hell out of me,
>and I feel like I've gotten more "your opponent has left the
>match / disconnected" notices than ever before, many of them
>coming in the first or second quarter in a two point game
>leading me to believe it's the servers not the players.
>
>
>And offline is just...fucking disgusting. Saves tied to the
>servers being online (if either PSN goes down for maintenance
>or the 2K servers are having their monthly meltdown, your MyGM
>save is inaccessible!), Virtual Currency all up in every last
>crevice of everything, and these fucking MENUS my GOD. I feel
>like I stumbled into a session of Madden 2002 or something
>every time I boot the game.
>
>~~~~~~~~~
>"This is the streets, and I am the trap." © Jay Bilas
>http://www.popmatters.com/pm/archive/contributor/517
>Hip Hop Handbook: http://tinyurl.com/ll4kzz

Nodima
15294 posts
Thu Apr-03-14 06:45 PM

17. "RE: What about 360/PS3?"
In response to Reply # 16
Thu Apr-03-14 06:46 PM by Nodima

>I'm all in on getting back into video game basketball now.
>I'll take the dropoff in graphics if I get a competent
>experience on 360 or PS3. And I just assume that Live is an
>embarrassment that can't be bothered with.

Yea, there's a demo out for Live on the next-gen consoles. It's raw, and they still haven't released those "huge" patches they promised that was for stuff as weird as major graphic overhauls and A.I. changes.

>On the XB One version of 2k14, I thought that maybe it was
>just me cuz I've been out of serious 2k play for a while. I'm
>missing a slew of open shots, the computer BE stealing
>ERRTHANG, and I'm getting hit with super random 12-2 runs
>where my guys miss open shots and layups that I worked my ass
>off to get and then CPU jacks up and hits threes with a hand
>in face with 1 second on the shot clock on adjacent plays.

It's more of a problem online, but the game in general is tuned to be longer and have more realistic stats (online defaults to 6 minutes now and it's rare to see someone shoot over 50% with any main scorer for a full game) but you'er right it doesn't feel very natural especially against the CPU. I can't count the number of times the shot release grade has been Excellent timing A- selection from the corner and it'll brick off the backboard seemingly just 'cause the guy is 3/4 already or the game doesn't think I should have that shot right then.

The next-gen versions have advanced live-ball physics which means it's super easy to lose the ball on any kind of spinning or driving motion, and some (admittedly pretty good-looking) steal animations that are as much about timing (which is pretty cool half the time) on animations you know lead to steals than just playing good D.

And
>don't start me on the 'hit the lane, live at the line' style
>that I see cats continously playing online. But I guess that's
>the reaction to not being able to make jumpshots with the
>super laggy servers.
>
>And pleas...I ain't buying jackets and shoes for a game with a
>broken server and 'c'mon now' gameplay issues. This shit has
>me thinking of EA in a better light for Madden...almost.

I'm not ever gonna be doing that or MyPlayer/MyTeam anyway, but it's definitely a real bummer that it's clearly one of the main things that's driving VC revenue for them from teenagers and people with money to light on fire and always so front and center.

>Jimaveli
>

At the end of the day, online I think it's a lot easier to be competitive once you get a handle on the new controls with just about any team than it has been since 2K10 or 9. Just because of the extra nuance in the animations and weight of the players. But that doesn't work against the glue A.I. offline, it's hard to play the game when the A.I. can't make the same mistakes as people.

~~~~~~~~~

jimaveli
Charter member
6586 posts
Sat Apr-05-14 03:02 PM

21. "Sliders!"
In response to Reply # 17

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/nba-2k-sliders/688945-hof-custom-sim-league-sliders-xbox360.html

I'm using these on the xbox one version. I can now have competitive and competent games vs the computer. These make the computer take and make open jumpers so if you don't defend realistically and well, you'll get murked off of jumpers and 3s...like it should be to me. And if you do defend the obvious j or 3, then the computer works shit around and tries to catch you slipping. Working the ball down low to bigs might be a little too effective for a person but it's not the dribble twice with turbo + right analog towards the goal = auto bucket or shooting foul.

Biggest thing...it isn't random turnover festival anymore. You can throw a decent entry pass without flat out expecting a turnover.

I can enjoy the game with these settings...I'm about three games deep. Huge difference.

>>I'm all in on getting back into video game basketball now.
>>I'll take the dropoff in graphics if I get a competent
>>experience on 360 or PS3. And I just assume that Live is an
>>embarrassment that can't be bothered with.
>
>
>Yea, there's a demo out for Live on the next-gen consoles.
>It's raw, and they still haven't released those "huge" patches
>they promised that was for stuff as weird as major graphic
>overhauls and A.I. changes.
>
>
>>On the XB One version of 2k14, I thought that maybe it was
>>just me cuz I've been out of serious 2k play for a while.
>I'm
>>missing a slew of open shots, the computer BE stealing
>>ERRTHANG, and I'm getting hit with super random 12-2 runs
>>where my guys miss open shots and layups that I worked my
>ass
>>off to get and then CPU jacks up and hits threes with a hand
>>in face with 1 second on the shot clock on adjacent plays.
>
>
>It's more of a problem online, but the game in general is
>tuned to be longer and have more realistic stats (online
>defaults to 6 minutes now and it's rare to see someone shoot
>over 50% with any main scorer for a full game) but you'er
>right it doesn't feel very natural especially against the CPU.
>I can't count the number of times the shot release grade has
>been Excellent timing A- selection from the corner and it'll
>brick off the backboard seemingly just 'cause the guy is 3/4
>already or the game doesn't think I should have that shot
>right then.
>
>
>The next-gen versions have advanced live-ball physics which
>means it's super easy to lose the ball on any kind of spinning
>or driving motion, and some (admittedly pretty good-looking)
>steal animations that are as much about timing (which is
>pretty cool half the time) on animations you know lead to
>steals than just playing good D.
>
>
>And
>>don't start me on the 'hit the lane, live at the line' style
>>that I see cats continously playing online. But I guess
>that's
>>the reaction to not being able to make jumpshots with the
>>super laggy servers.
>>
>>And pleas...I ain't buying jackets and shoes for a game with
>a
>>broken server and 'c'mon now' gameplay issues. This shit has
>>me thinking of EA in a better light for Madden...almost.
>
>
>I'm not ever gonna be doing that or MyPlayer/MyTeam anyway,
>but it's definitely a real bummer that it's clearly one of the
>main things that's driving VC revenue for them from teenagers
>and people with money to light on fire and always so front and
>center.
>
>
>>Jimaveli
>>
>
>At the end of the day, online I think it's a lot easier to be
>competitive once you get a handle on the new controls with
>just about any team than it has been since 2K10 or 9. Just
>because of the extra nuance in the animations and weight of
>the players. But that doesn't work against the glue A.I.
>offline, it's hard to play the game when the A.I. can't make
>the same mistakes as people.
>
>~~~~~~~~~
>"This is the streets, and I am the trap." © Jay Bilas
>http://www.popmatters.com/pm/archive/contributor/517
>Hip Hop Handbook: http://tinyurl.com/ll4kzz

jimaveli
Charter member
6586 posts
Wed Apr-09-14 06:48 PM

23. "Nevermind..."
In response to Reply # 21

With certain teams, the computer basically takes and makes 3s and fallaway jumpers REGARDLESS OF DEFENSE at an 80% type of clip all game long with these sliders. Its on some Tecmo Basketball shit. And the magical steal (your dude runs off as soon as you throw a pass) + no one even tries to get back fast break is still going to cost you 6-10 points a game AT LEAST. Well...it said that these were user vs user sliders so hey...I'll search for some more.

I enjoyed 2k13 on all-star a little bit. At least I could make an open jumper (ie: no hand in the face or even pursuit of the shot-level open) without EXCELLENT release and at least B 'timing' (or however the ratings work on 13 compared to 14). And it didn't seem like the computer just ignored my shooting ratings and decided it was time for me to miss shots to set up the magical 15-4 runs that keep happening to me on 2k14 on any level over All-Star. And it is basically the case vs any team. And don't let me play with a team that doesn't have 'shooters'. Pacers? Shiiiid....wide open, EXCELLENT releases, B or better 'timing'...bricks after the first two minutes...crazy. Midrange, long range, don't matter...if it isn't a layup, naw playa.

I'm sad that 2k isn't a 'if you're logical with a decent knowledge of basketball, personnel and shot selection you can play, enjoy, and win some games with the default settings' game. It seems like a slider-fest game where you have to 'find your way'...either that or go to the goal mindlessly every play, hope to get layups to fall or shoot a million free throws, and never take jumpshots unless you want your fate decided by the jackass 2k math that decides you've made too many jumpers in the last however many minutes.

I was getting murked by the Bucks last night...jumperfest...everyone was jacking up shots with people on them and it was just on and poppin for them...like 75% from the field on mostly defended looks either super early or late in the shot clock..the problem with sliders I guess...

Jimaveli

>http://www.operationsports.com/forums/nba-2k-sliders/688945-hof-custom-sim-league-sliders-xbox360.html
>
>I'm using these on the xbox one version. I can now have
>competitive and competent games vs the computer. These make
>the computer take and make open jumpers so if you don't defend
>realistically and well, you'll get murked off of jumpers and
>3s...like it should be to me. And if you do defend the obvious
>j or 3, then the computer works shit around and tries to catch
>you slipping. Working the ball down low to bigs might be a
>little too effective for a person but it's not the dribble
>twice with turbo + right analog towards the goal = auto bucket
>or shooting foul.
>
>Biggest thing...it isn't random turnover festival anymore. You
>can throw a decent entry pass without flat out expecting a
>turnover.
>
>I can enjoy the game with these settings...I'm about three
>games deep. Huge difference.
>
>>>I'm all in on getting back into video game basketball now.
>>>I'll take the dropoff in graphics if I get a competent
>>>experience on 360 or PS3. And I just assume that Live is an
>>>embarrassment that can't be bothered with.
>>
>>
>>Yea, there's a demo out for Live on the next-gen consoles.
>>It's raw, and they still haven't released those "huge"
>patches
>>they promised that was for stuff as weird as major graphic
>>overhauls and A.I. changes.
>>
>>
>>>On the XB One version of 2k14, I thought that maybe it was
>>>just me cuz I've been out of serious 2k play for a while.
>>I'm
>>>missing a slew of open shots, the computer BE stealing
>>>ERRTHANG, and I'm getting hit with super random 12-2 runs
>>>where my guys miss open shots and layups that I worked my
>>ass
>>>off to get and then CPU jacks up and hits threes with a
>hand
>>>in face with 1 second on the shot clock on adjacent plays.
>>
>>
>>It's more of a problem online, but the game in general is
>>tuned to be longer and have more realistic stats (online
>>defaults to 6 minutes now and it's rare to see someone shoot
>>over 50% with any main scorer for a full game) but you'er
>>right it doesn't feel very natural especially against the
>CPU.
>>I can't count the number of times the shot release grade has
>>been Excellent timing A- selection from the corner and it'll
>>brick off the backboard seemingly just 'cause the guy is 3/4
>>already or the game doesn't think I should have that shot
>>right then.
>>
>>
>>The next-gen versions have advanced live-ball physics which
>>means it's super easy to lose the ball on any kind of
>spinning
>>or driving motion, and some (admittedly pretty good-looking)
>>steal animations that are as much about timing (which is
>>pretty cool half the time) on animations you know lead to
>>steals than just playing good D.
>>
>>
>>And
>>>don't start me on the 'hit the lane, live at the line'
>style
>>>that I see cats continously playing online. But I guess
>>that's
>>>the reaction to not being able to make jumpshots with the
>>>super laggy servers.
>>>
>>>And pleas...I ain't buying jackets and shoes for a game
>with
>>a
>>>broken server and 'c'mon now' gameplay issues. This shit
>has
>>>me thinking of EA in a better light for Madden...almost.
>>
>>
>>I'm not ever gonna be doing that or MyPlayer/MyTeam anyway,
>>but it's definitely a real bummer that it's clearly one of
>the
>>main things that's driving VC revenue for them from
>teenagers
>>and people with money to light on fire and always so front
>and
>>center.
>>
>>
>>>Jimaveli
>>>
>>
>>At the end of the day, online I think it's a lot easier to
>be
>>competitive once you get a handle on the new controls with
>>just about any team than it has been since 2K10 or 9. Just
>>because of the extra nuance in the animations and weight of
>>the players. But that doesn't work against the glue A.I.
>>offline, it's hard to play the game when the A.I. can't make
>>the same mistakes as people.
>>
>>~~~~~~~~~
>>"This is the streets, and I am the trap." © Jay Bilas
>>http://www.popmatters.com/pm/archive/contributor/517
>>Hip Hop Handbook: http://tinyurl.com/ll4kzz

My_SP1200_Broken_Again
Charter member
57002 posts
Fri Apr-04-14 08:43 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
19. "I've only played a few games online over the last month... seems ok now?"
In response to Reply # 0

JAESCOTT777
28487 posts
Sat Apr-05-14 08:40 AM

20. "Yeah I must say its been improved big time "
In response to Reply # 19

budz4zo
2811 posts
Sat Apr-05-14 03:06 PM

22. "I've actually played a lot lately"
In response to Reply # 19

I've probably played about 30+ games in the past month or so and the performance is 100x better. I actually connect to every single game I've tried and haven't been disconnected once. No lag either. I don't know what they did but it's been a huge improvement.

Now that things have improved... anybody interested in a doing a league?

Lobby High-Tech topic #288624 Previous topic | Next topic