Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2691660

Subject: "Hurd vs Williams" Previous topic | Next topic
S_Ali
Charter member
1479 posts
Thu Mar-28-19 09:21 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Hurd vs Williams"

Great Fight. I think Williams is an excellent fighter. Skilled, great timing, can come forward or counter. I actually thought his fight with Charlo was 50/50 going into the fight. Williams more than held his own in the fight while it lasted. Ultimately he got caught with a shot by a huge junior middleweight. Anybody can get caught so I'm not putting too much stock into that. I'm more concerned with what happened after that. He beat Ishe Smith by the skin of his teeth. He seemed to fade late in the fight against a much older Smith. He was outclassing Gallimore early but again Gallimore came on strong late in the fight. I'm concerned about his endurance. Especially against a guy who has shown he can go 12 hard rounds and will most likely force J Rock to fight all 12. A guy that walks around at Cruiserweight. We have seen Hurd come from behind to stop Harrison and Trout. We have seen him drop Lara in the 12th giving him the win in an extremely close fight. If JRock doesn't stop Hurd who seems to have a decent chin, it could be a long night.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Hurd vs Williams [View all] , S_Ali, Thu Mar-28-19 09:21 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Of course they would announce this fight the weekend
Mar 28th 2019
Hurd's pressure and size will be too much
Mar 29th 2019
showcasing no true skill *
Mar 29th 2019
      RE: showcasing no true skill *
Apr 03rd 2019
           RE: showcasing no true skill *