Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2689135

Subject: "Former NBA All-Star Kenny Anderson suffers stroke" Previous topic | Next topic
ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Wed Feb-27-19 07:07 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Former NBA All-Star Kenny Anderson suffers stroke"

I used to idolize this dude in his high school, college and early NBA days. And this was back when you couldn't just pull up clips of your favorite high school player on the internet. You had to scour the library and other sources for random newspaper and magazine articles. TV sightings were rare, I remember being crushed when he didn't play in the McDonald's All-Star game due to injury, I wanted to see him to destroy Bobby Hurley lol...

http://www.nba.com/article/2019/02/26/ap-kenny-anderson-suffers-stroke

Former NBA All-Star Kenny Anderson suffers stroke
Feb 26, 2019 9:04 PM ET

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) -- Former NBA All-Star Kenny Anderson has suffered a stroke.

The 48-year-old Anderson recently completed his first season coaching NAIA program Fisk University in Nashville. Fisk said in a statement Tuesday that the university community extends its “thoughts and prayers” to Anderson and his family.

Anderson’s wife, Natasha Anderson, said in a statement that the family is “extremely grateful for all the prayers and love that we have received over the last few days.” She added that “we appreciate you continuing to respect our privacy as Kenny heals.”

Neither statement offered additional details. A family spokeswoman, Lina Catalfamo Plath, confirmed that Anderson had a stroke.

Anderson played for several NBA teams from 1991-2005. He was named an All-Star in 1994 while playing for the New Jersey Nets, who selected him out of Georgia Tech with the No. 2 overall pick in the 1991 draft.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Former NBA All-Star Kenny Anderson suffers stroke [View all] , ThaTruth, Wed Feb-27-19 07:07 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Hope he gets well soon
Feb 27th 2019
Middle-aged black men, most of us, take care of that HBP
Feb 27th 2019
^^^^^^ the realest
Feb 27th 2019
real talk
Feb 27th 2019
My BP has been ticking up lately and I'm kind of unnerved by it.
Feb 27th 2019
black men be dying of natural causes in our 40s.
Feb 27th 2019
oh wow
Feb 27th 2019
That's miserable news.
Feb 28th 2019
sad to hear
Feb 28th 2019
Wanted My Handle to be like His
Mar 01st 2019

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2689135 Previous topic | Next topic