Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2686306

Subject: ""Here Comes the Lord" - 2018-19 University of Kentucky Basketball Post" Previous topic | Next topic
TheRealBillyOcean
Charter member
38224 posts
Sat Feb-02-19 01:30 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
""Here Comes the Lord" - 2018-19 University of Kentucky Basketball Post"

"Lord Ash... hit me one time make it funky. Lord Ash... hit me one time make it funky"

I normally get this in before the season. But shit got in the way and I fucked up. But I can't let the season go past without talking about this squad.

Prior to this season, I thought this would be one our best and most balance teams since the 38-1 squad. And it kinda is. Just took some time getting there.

Quade left. Wish he would've stayed. But shit happens. Now lets go to squad.

PJ Washington - should be one of the most dominant players in the country. He's recently played that way, but can do all of the time. He's come back in better shape. And now has 3 point range.

Reid Travis - the 5th year transfer from Stanford. Not a big leaper but is built like Colossus. Provides veteran leadership on this team.

Nick Richards - the big man from Jamaica. One of the most naturally gifted bigs I've seen at UK. He just needs the confidence.

Keldon Johnson - A solid wing. Plays well on both ends. A better 3pt shooter than I imagined. I would not be surprised if he ends up being the best player getting drafted in June. Reminds me a lot of Pierce and Stackhouse.

Ashton Hagans - Lord Ash is the best perimeter defender in the country. He's probably one of the best defenders I've ever seen at Kentucky as a freshman. And he should be a Senior in HS. Tough player that is leading this squad.

Tyler Herro - solid Freshman. Okay shooter, but more than that. Can defend a bit. Can handle. Will be a NBA player.

EJ Montgomery - another solid Freshman that just needs time and confidence. Reminds me so much of Tayshaun.

Immanuel Quickley - low key one of my favorite players. Consistent. Good shooter.

Projection: This team should be the best team in the SEC and compete for a Championship. We're ahead of the learning curve right now. And I can only imagine how great they'll be by Tourney time. A lot hinges on Nick and EJ. But we're rounding into the most dominant team in the country.

<---https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DL9AVTQ

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

"Here Comes the Lord" - 2018-19 University of Kentucky Basketball Post [View all] , TheRealBillyOcean, Sat Feb-02-19 01:30 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
several landmines before then, but
Feb 02nd 2019
It should be great. My guy Grant Williams beats our heads in every...
Feb 02nd 2019
What can you say about Jermal Baker?
Feb 02nd 2019
Damn... I knew I forgot somebody.
Feb 02nd 2019
      Cool, thanks for the info!
Feb 02nd 2019
They have all the pieces
Feb 03rd 2019
Great win vs Tenn after a bad loss to LSU
Feb 17th 2019
They punched the Vols in the fuckin mouth. Thugged then out.
Feb 18th 2019
He's gotta relax and hit his jumpers & finish his drives.
Feb 18th 2019
UK dictated that entire game.
Feb 19th 2019
from day 1 to now, no team has grown more imo
Feb 18th 2019
Lol... the 2nd Weekend? It's Cal.
Feb 18th 2019
      those first 13 games were ugly
Feb 18th 2019
           You mean the FIRST game?
Feb 18th 2019
                better? no. THIS much better...yeah.
Feb 19th 2019
                     Like I said. Same thing every single year.
Feb 19th 2019
I have no idea how good PJ can be in college or in the NBA.
Feb 23rd 2019
Nice close to the regular season. Now the games that matter.
Mar 11th 2019
Great 1st weekend without our best player...
Mar 24th 2019
when did he even get hurt?
Mar 24th 2019
      At the very end of that game. Said he heard a pop.
Mar 24th 2019
The Big Dog came back and put us on his back.
Mar 30th 2019
Tough loss. Free throws and dumb turnovers.
Mar 31st 2019

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2686306 Previous topic | Next topic