Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2668260

Subject: "Everyone involved here is petty. Writers. TO. HOF. All petty AF" Previous topic | Next topic
ConcreteCharlie
Member since Nov 21st 2002
71387 posts
Sun Jul-15-18 02:18 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
7. "Everyone involved here is petty. Writers. TO. HOF. All petty AF"
In response to In response to 5

In some sense that seems just then. Owens should have been a first-ballot but plenty of guys have waited when they probably shouldn't have. If it was a personal thing--which the second year of waiting confirmed it was IMHO--he has to own some of that, too. Instead of saying his piece and then accepting the honor, he wants to do his own thing and let them know it. OK, then in turn the HOF plays the same game.

I do think Owens was somewhat misunderstood but he also played on his persona and used it to his advantage. The HOF here, I mean, the guy is telling you he doesn't *want* to be there at this point, so why make a big deal out of him at a ceremony he doesn't attend? I guess what I am saying here is that this is petty on all sides, and that is probably the most fitting culmination of TO's career.

And you will know MY JACKET IS GOLD when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TO: Your HOF Jacket's In The Mail [View all] , Melanism, Fri Jul-13-18 09:49 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
I agree with TO not showing up
Jul 13th 2018
sounds reasonable to me.
Jul 13th 2018
RETURN TO SENDER!!!
Jul 13th 2018
They're WHORES! LOL
Jul 13th 2018
Petty.