Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2644670

Subject: "KD invests $10 Million in PG County to Help Kids Attend College (swipe)" Previous topic | Next topic
BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85056 posts
Mon Feb-26-18 09:50 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"KD invests $10 Million in PG County to Help Kids Attend College (swipe)"

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2761297-kevin-durant-invests-10-million-in-program-to-help-kids-attend-college?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national

Kevin Durant has established a partnership with public schools in his hometown of Prince George's County, Maryland, to help disadvantaged students attend college.

According to Thomas Heath of the Washington Post, the Golden State Warriors star invested $10 million in College Track, a 10-year program designed to guide and support students through their education. The Durant Center chapter is expected to open this year.

"I want them to see the world," Durant told Heath. "I want them to see where people are from and see that there are things outside their world. I don't know exactly or at what pace that they will get it, but there is a world outside that they need to see."

Per Heath, Durant's College Track branch will be the first to operate on the East Coast.

"We didn't have the resources to get our minds thinking about the next level," Durant said. "I want to do my part, whatever it is. If College Track students want to be the next Steve Jobs or the next influencer or the next tastemakers, they can get there."

<--- Big Baller World Order

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

KD invests $10 Million in PG County to Help Kids Attend College (swipe) [View all] , BrooklynWHAT, Mon Feb-26-18 09:50 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
very dope...that's why I can't hate him...
Feb 26th 2018
Dope. Sounds similar to what Bron's done in Akron.
Feb 26th 2018
Lebron won.
Feb 26th 2018
Lmao cry
Feb 26th 2018
      You sad KD openly showing reverence to Lebron in that car ride? Lulz
Feb 26th 2018
           why do you do shit like this? Seriously asking?
Feb 26th 2018
                KD is a Lebron stan. Lebron made him hate Trump, give to kids. Cry.
Feb 26th 2018
                     never mind...thought I would get some real conversation...
Feb 26th 2018
                          Seriously: KD Openly said that Lebron has influenced him. It's beautiful...
Feb 26th 2018
                               great...so why would anyone be mad about this...
Feb 26th 2018
                                    We should be happy! I WILL mention it, though: KD looks up to 'Bron.
Feb 26th 2018
                                    I don't think anyone's mad - but it is a fact that Lebron's influence
Feb 26th 2018
                                         Vex, they won't admit it. This is why I'm not letting up.
Feb 26th 2018
                                         all that is cool and I think you more than most...
Feb 26th 2018
                                              Right and belittling KD as a "LeBron stan" like that's the takeaway here
Feb 26th 2018
                                              KD is incredible. He also called Lebron his role model. Facts
Feb 26th 2018
                                              There are a *lot* of Bron detractors both on OKS and in media
Feb 26th 2018
                                                   Funny: KD MADE THIS EXACT POINT! LMAO. LIke, VERBATIM.
Feb 26th 2018
                                                        It's really bizarre AF
Feb 26th 2018
About time, shit he been in the NBA 11 years LOL!
Feb 26th 2018
very cool. Ya'll have no idea how big a legend the guy is here
Feb 26th 2018
KD's a real one
Feb 26th 2018
He learned from the Greatest.
Feb 27th 2018
Shut up and dribble!!!
Feb 26th 2018

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2644670 Previous topic | Next topic