Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2583189

Subject: "Coach K visited Coach Cal's podcast to praise Boogie. " Previous topic | Next topic
TheRealBillyOcean
Charter member
38224 posts
Mon Dec-19-16 01:27 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"Coach K visited Coach Cal's podcast to praise Boogie. "

Snapshot of Basa at his computer... https://i.ytimg.com/vi/dCalHVyNDno/hqdefault.jpg

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/basketball-2/coach-k-came-on-caliparis-podcast-and-defended-demarcus-cousins/

Over the past few years, a behind-the-scenes rivalry has budded between John Calipari and Mike Krzyzewski, but Calipari being Calipari, he took the opportunity to embrace his foe by inviting him on the latest episode of his podcast. That’s right, for the second episode of “Cal Cast,” Calipari invited Coach K on to discuss all sorts of stuff, including DeMarcus Cousins, who played on Team USA this past summer. The podcast won’t drop until tomorrow, but ESPN has a sneak peak, including Coach K praising Cousins, who continued to fight to make Team USA despite those who said he wasn’t worthy.

“For him to come back and still want it, it said a lot about how much he wanted to do it,” Krzyzewski told Calipari. “He came through for us big time. He’s tough as hell. He is so damn talented. I don’t think he has a position. You can’t call him a 5 or a 4. Just call him a great player.”

Apparently the one topic Coach K and Cal do not discuss is recruiting, which makes sense given their battles over the years, but they do heap lots of praise on each other, the ultimate example of real recognizing real.

“What you’ve done for the game is incredible,” Calipari said. “What you’ve done for your school is incredible, for the country, for coaches. I love what you’ve done for your players and your staff.”

<---https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DL9AVTQ

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Coach K visited Coach Cal's podcast to praise Boogie. [View all] , TheRealBillyOcean, Mon Dec-19-16 01:27 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
K's a classy dude and a smart basketball mind.
Dec 19th 2016
You sure? What if the Lions Fan King is Coach K?
Dec 19th 2016
Cal hates K though. Right? I thought that was the narrative?
Dec 19th 2016
      we been over this. he jealous of K. he actually hates Jeff
Dec 19th 2016
           Yes, Cal thinks about a light skin assistant who looks like a Beaver
Dec 19th 2016
                he can't seem to beat that guy for players tho. *shrug*
Dec 19th 2016
                     Weird... yet our roster and the NBA says differently.
Dec 19th 2016
                          other thanKAT, all your "star" NBA players were before Jeff at Duke
Dec 19th 2016
                               And all of your star players since Jeff don't fucking exist.
Dec 19th 2016
                                    Cal got there in 09...when Wall FINALLY give him one at UK
Dec 19th 2016
                                         So? Duke just had their first Champion. Give Cal 40 years.
Dec 19th 2016
                                              Jeff's had 3 at Duke and keeps out recruiting Cal.
Dec 19th 2016
I'd like to use this as an opportunity to speak on black Duke-haters
Dec 19th 2016
Nope nice try though
Dec 19th 2016
What does Roy Williams have to do with anything?
Dec 19th 2016
      ba trying to keep his boogeyman:post ratio high
Dec 19th 2016
      did you see that video? i'm just sit and wait to from K outrage now
Dec 19th 2016
           I wouldn't dignify Roy Williams by mentioning him with K and Cal
Dec 19th 2016
                as if Cal has multiple titles.
Dec 19th 2016
                     Cal is not in an All-Time convo with K, but he is in a Right Now convo w...
Dec 19th 2016

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2583189 Previous topic | Next topic