Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2576205

Subject: "prayers/well wishes to Isaiah Pead" Previous topic | Next topic
falafel stand pimpin
Member since Dec 26th 2006
4381 posts
Sat Nov-12-16 04:08 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"prayers/well wishes to Isaiah Pead"

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/university-of-cincinnati/2016/11/12/former-uc-star-pead-critically-injured/93714472/

Former University of Cincinnati standout football running back Isaiah Pead was critically injured in a single-vehicle crash on Interstate 670 early Saturday morning, according to WCMH-TV in Columbus, Ohio.

According to the Columbus Division of Police, at about 2:32 a.m. Saturday, the 26-year-old Pead was driving his 2011 Cadillac CTS eastbound on I-670 near E. 5th Avenue, when he lost control of the vehicle, and drove off the right side of the roadway.

The Cadillac struck the metal guardrail and continued through it. After going through the guardrail the Cadillac became airborne and struck several trees on the way down the embankment. It came to rest about 95 feet from the roadway.

During the crash, Pead was ejected from the vehicle.

Police said two witnesses stopped and called 911 and provided assistance to Pead and a passenger in the Cadillac, former UC defensive back Wesley Richardson, 27, until police arrived at the crash scene.

Pead was taken to Grant Medical Center in critical condition. Richardson was transported in stable condition.

Pead is the third-leading rusher in UC history, with 3,288 yards from 2008-11, according to the UC football media guide.

Pead played football at Columbus Eastmoor High School, then UC, and in the NFL most notably with the then-St. Louis Rams, who drafted Pead in the second round in 2012. Pead is currently a free agent after he was recently released by Miami Dolphins. Pead worked out for the Kansas City Chiefs this past week, according to NBCSports.com.

According to police, Pead was not wearing a seat belt at the time of the crash.

Police continue to investigate but said speed appears to be a factor, according to the WCHM-TV report.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

prayers/well wishes to Isaiah Pead [View all] , falafel stand pimpin, Sat Nov-12-16 04:08 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
damn, man. I hope he recovers.
Nov 12th 2016
prayers up...didn't really work out for him with the Rams...
Nov 12th 2016
damn I had no idea dude lost his leg, I just stumbled across his IG...
May 09th 2018

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2576205 Previous topic | Next topic