Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2135822

Subject: "JR Smith fuckin with his own dough." Previous topic | Next topic
ShawndmeSlanted
Member since Oct 30th 2004
43353 posts
Fri Feb-22-13 10:11 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"JR Smith fuckin with his own dough."

yall wanna cyse that he should be making more...but between this and his pipe tweet....not looking good for the kid--especially if this Knicks season doesnt end well.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/grow_up_B1u6K5BUMS1JnSipRfylFK

Knicks staff fed up with Smith’s antics
By MARC BERMAN
Last Updated: 3:03 AM, February 22, 2013
Posted: 12:19 AM, February 22, 2013
Knicks Blog
Berman on Twitter
TORONTO — J.R. Smith’s act is starting to wear thin on the Knicks’ coaching staff.

Coach Mike Woodson, Smith’s most ardent supporter, ripped his sixth man and the club in general for losing their composure in Wednesday’s 125-91 disgraceful loss to the Pacers.

Smith attempted to bait Indiana’s Lance Stephenson into a fight at the end of the first half, jawing at him as the seconds ticked down. Smith continued his harangue and Stephenson finally answered back with the two players drawing double technicals.

Smith then got ejected in the third quarter after committing an offensive foul against Stephenson. He made a remark to the official and made a gesture with his hand. Replays were inconclusive as to whether or not Smith had given the middle finger.

Asked if he had spoken to Smith about his behavior, an angry Woodson said: “I’m not happy about how we played and how we carried ourselves professionally on the basketball court. We can’t do that. I’m not going to tolerate that. I’m just not.’’

Smith also had an incident with the Knicks’ mild-mannered assistant coach, Herb Williams. In the first half, Williams and Smith exchanged angry words on the bench during a timeout. After the game, Williams’ anger seemed to carry over.

As Smith talked to a media scrum, Williams walked over and ordered Smith to take his headphones off while he was addressing reporters. Smith’s headphones were draped around his head. Smith took them off and Williams shook his head in disgust as he walked away.

Smith was not the only hothead in Indiana. Raymond Felton elbowed Jeff Prendergast and picked up a flagrant foul during the rout. Tyson Chandler lost his cool at the officials after Tyler Hansbrough laid a hard foul on him.

Amar’e Stoudemire, after picking up his third foul, ripped off his goggles and berated the officials, picking up a technical foul. After Kurt Thomas picked up his fourth foul in six minutes, he came to the bench and cursed out a heckling fan.

It is a bad trend for a club with championship aspirations. In a few losses this season, most notably against Memphis, Chicago and Boston — the Carmelo Anthony/Kevin Garnett incident — the Knicks have flashed their hot tempers under adversity.

“We have a veteran team,’’ general manager Glen Grunwald said. “They know where they need to improve. Keeping composure is one of the things they all talked about postgame. They’re aware of what they need to do.’’

Explaining himself, Stoudemire said, “The result wasn’t to get a technical foul. But both teams being physical, I wanted to play physical and we weren’t allowed to. I felt frustrated. We wanted to play physical on our end but couldn’t quite accomplish that.’’

Anthony, who berated Smith on the court after his Stephenson tiff, said the club realizes it did wrong in every way Wednesday.

“I’ve seen guys today, guys were angry,’’ Anthony said. “Not angry but kind of upset. As a team we let ourselves down. It was kind of an embarrassment.’’

---
"though time has passed, im still the future" (c) black thought

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

JR Smith fuckin with his own dough. [View all] , ShawndmeSlanted, Fri Feb-22-13 10:11 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
fools gold ass nukka..i knew he was still a fkn idiot..
Feb 22nd 2013
Born Ready would've handled that.
Feb 22nd 2013
i'm inclined to agree...dude looks like he's 6'6 230.
Feb 22nd 2013
if jr was trying to bait lance into fighting down 30 at the half...
Feb 22nd 2013
You tryin to get the pipe?
Feb 22nd 2013
RE: You tryin to get the pipe?
Feb 22nd 2013
just following the example melo set
Feb 22nd 2013
more less
Feb 22nd 2013
foh. Melo's a little emotional and has lapses in judgment. JR is a loon...
Feb 22nd 2013
lol this is hilarisad
Feb 22nd 2013
      Novak makes twice as much but is worthless without a guy who can
Feb 22nd 2013
they tried to spin signing all them old niggas as adding leadership
Feb 22nd 2013
end of the day for basketball reasons I think Jlin
Feb 22nd 2013
agreed.
Feb 22nd 2013
      Warned you about that
Feb 22nd 2013
           true, i loved the fact that woody holds everyone accountable
Feb 22nd 2013
This actually makes sense
Feb 23rd 2013
Let's go Nets!
Feb 22nd 2013
Just a quick common sense question.
Feb 22nd 2013
cmon.
Feb 22nd 2013
that sample-size ain't gonna be too big
Feb 22nd 2013
Its what they are judged on until we have bigger games
Feb 22nd 2013
We can't afford to pay him anyway. He gonna get his 6-8 mill somewhere
Feb 22nd 2013
we thought this last season too though.
Feb 22nd 2013
Didn't grantland just do a 10pg story on him?
Feb 22nd 2013
lolallstarlol
Feb 22nd 2013
kmart should calm these dudes down
Feb 22nd 2013
This team is full of goons, too bad this isnt the 90's
Feb 22nd 2013
      JR wouldn't be in the L in the 90s
Feb 23rd 2013
      What? JR would thrive in the 90's. Strong, irrationally confident SG?
Feb 23rd 2013
           Exactly LOL!
Feb 24th 2013
           on second thoughts you're right
Feb 24th 2013
                starks was goon now?
Feb 24th 2013
                     " irrationally confident SG"
Feb 24th 2013
                     That whole knicks team was goon, but Starks was lightskinded
Feb 24th 2013
      yo i was thinking a few days ago the Knicks were trying to brink the 90 ...
Feb 23rd 2013
Truthfully, as a Knick fan, he's been acting stupid since ASW
Feb 25th 2013
i kinda think you right
Feb 25th 2013

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2135822 Previous topic | Next topic