Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2130964

Subject: "Hedo breaks Home Run record! (SWIPE)" Previous topic | Next topic
subjctmattr
Charter member
7987 posts
Wed Feb-13-13 03:35 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Hedo breaks Home Run record! (SWIPE)"

Magic’s Hedo Turkoglu suspended 20 games for taking banned substance
BEN GOLLIVER, HEDO TURKOGLU, ORLANDO MAGIC | COMMENTS

By Ben Golliver

The NBA announced Wednesday that Magic forward Hedo Turkoglu has been suspended 20 games without pay for violating the NBA’s anti-drug program. Turkoglu tested positive for methenolone, an anabolic steroid.

Turkoglu explained his positive test in a statement released by the Magic.

“While I was back home in Turkey this past summer, I was given a medication by my trainer to help recover more quickly from a shoulder injury,” Turkoglu said. “I didn’t know that this was a banned substance and didn’t check before taking it. I take full responsibility for anything that goes into my body. This was a complete error in judgment on my part and I apologize to the Orlando Magic organization, the league, my teammates, and the Magic fans. I know I have let down a lot of people and I am truly sorry for my mistake.”

Turkoglu, 33, has played in just 11 games this season after breaking his left hand in the Magic’s season-opener, averaging 2.9 points and 2.4 rebounds per game. He is on the books for $11.8 million this season. A 20-game suspension without pay will cost him roughly $2.1 million.

“Hedo unknowingly took a banned substance,” Magic GM Rob Hennigan said in a prepared statement. “There are more than 125 banned substances on the NBA List, and we spend a lot of time educating our players on the contents of that list and will certainly continue to do so moving forward. We believe this was an honest mistake.”

Turkoglu’s suspension will begin on Wednesday night when the Magic host the Hawks in Orlando. He will be eligible to return on March 27 against the Bobcats.

The Magic currently are 15-36 and have lost 12 of their last 13 games.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Hedo breaks Home Run record! (SWIPE) [View all] , subjctmattr, Wed Feb-13-13 03:35 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
good admission.
Feb 13th 2013
C'Mon Son (c) Ed Lover
Feb 13th 2013
      better than making an excuse or a website.
Feb 13th 2013
welp, can't say i saw this coming
Feb 13th 2013
RE: welp, can't say i saw this coming
Feb 13th 2013
LOL!!!!!!!!!!
Feb 13th 2013
RE: Hedo breaks Home Run record! (SWIPE)
Feb 13th 2013
yeah we got teased with that 12-13 start
Feb 13th 2013
Dwight can only make the Finals with juiceheads.
Feb 13th 2013
Dwight does seem thinner since leaving Orlando
Feb 13th 2013
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8X0LUJeQVaM
Feb 13th 2013
http://xkcd.com/1173/
Feb 13th 2013
RE: Hedo breaks Home Run record! (SWIPE)
Feb 13th 2013
does he even lift?
Feb 13th 2013

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2130964 Previous topic | Next topic