Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2129337

Subject: "Mike Piazza would like you to know he's super not gay, but is racist" Previous topic | Next topic
magilla vanilla
Member since Sep 13th 2002
18759 posts
Mon Feb-11-13 09:35 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"Mike Piazza would like you to know he's super not gay, but is racist"
Mon Feb-11-13 09:39 AM by magilla vanilla

Swipe from Gothamist. Sounds like that good Bucks County Eye-talian Country Club racism toward Latinos, AND he got mushed in the mouth by the post-Pam chick from Tool Time.

http://gothamist.com/2013/02/10/the_6_best_quotes_from_mike_piazzas.php

The 6 Best Quotes From Mike Piazza's Memoir: "If I Was Gay, I'd Be Gay All The Way"

There's no way to be objective about this: Mike Piazza is one of our favorite baseball players of all time. The heavy metal-loving, Playboy bunny-marrying slugger was a 12-time All-Star and undoubtedly the greatest offensive catcher in baseball history—and he gave the Mets some of his best years. At the same time, rumors that he used steroids have haunted him his whole career, to the point that he narrowly missed making the Hall Of Fame on his first try, despite never being directly linked to PEDs. A month after that snub, Piazza is about to release a memoir, Long Shot, and the NY Post got a sneak peek—below, we've picked out our six favorite quotes, about everything from his hatred for Roger Clemens to yelling at Axl Rose to those persistent gay rumors.

Mike Piazza Fucking Hates Roger Clemens: After Clemens almost beamed Piazza with a 98-mph fastball to his helmet during a July 8, 2000 game (“I truly believe that if I hadn’t gotten my head down at the last instant, Clemens’ two-seamer would have struck me in the eye and possibly killed me”), Piazza literally planned to get his revenge. “I would approach with my fist pulled back. I figured he’d throw his glove out for protection. I’d parry the glove and then get after it,” Piazza writes. He even took karate lessons in anticipation! But in the end, he couldn't go through with it when he got his chance during Game 2 of the 2000 World Series. "I stood a pretty fair chance of getting my ass kicked in front of Yankee Stadium and the world. That was a legitimate concern."

But Mike Piazza Isn't Afraid To Yell At Axl Rose: After a Guns N’ Roses concert, Piazza, who was drunk on vodka, yelled at Axl Rose for wearing Rangers, Knicks and Yankees jerseys on stage during the show...but not the Mets. “I’m obliterated. I go, ‘Hey, yo, Axl! What the f--k, man? Like, you know, you think you could’ve mixed in a Mets jersey?’ ”

Mike Piazza Didn't Do Steroids, Because He Didn't Want To Go To Prison: While he admits to taking was androstenedione, a muscle-building supplement bought over the counter that was popular with many baseball players in the '90s, he denies taking anything stronger. “I was into power, not prison," he noted. He also admits to taking non-PEDs, like Vioxx: “I used Vioxx because it was an intense anti-inflammatory and it made me feel good.”

Mike Piazza Is Not Gay, Because If He Were Gay, He'd Be Really Gay And Proud: Piazza isn't sure how the gay rumors started, although he thinks it was maybe an ex-teammate and his manager who started it. Either way, it annoyed him a lot: “I found it hugely insulting that people believed I’d go so far out of my way — living with Playmates, vacationing with actresses, showing up at nightclubs — to act out a lifestyle that would amount to a charade,” he writes. “If I was gay, I’d be gay all the way.”

Mike Piazza Dated The "Tool Time" Woman, Until She "Waffled" Him: Before he married Playboy playmate Alicia Rickter in 2005 (they have two kids now), Piazza dated a lot of women, including Debbe Dunning, the actress who played the “Tool Time” girl on Home Improvement. They had a rough break-up on Halloween one year though: “There was screaming and crying and then the Tool Time girl waffled my ass,” he recalled. “I hadn’t taken a punch like that in a long time.”

Mike Piazza Is A Little Paranoid About Hispanic Players: Piazza has some strong opinions about the influx of Latin players in the MLB; he thinks they need to learn English, not the other way around. But it gets weirder: Piazza describes “some kind of weird Hispanic conspiracy against me, almost like a secret brotherhood, a Latin mafia-type of thing.”

---------------------------------
Photo zine(some images NSFW): http://bit.ly/USaSPhoto

"This (and every, actually) conversation needs more Chesterton and less Mike Francesa." - Walleye

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Mike Piazza would like you to know he's super not gay, but is racist [View all] , magilla vanilla, Mon Feb-11-13 09:35 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
i used to watch home improvement b.c of the tool time girl.
Feb 11th 2013
not really helping his case...
Feb 11th 2013
this all reads like a memoir of a junior high bully victim
Feb 11th 2013
perhaps my worst all time moment as a sports fan gets even worse
Feb 11th 2013
I was at the game when he got beaned. I thought he was dead
Feb 11th 2013
My question is if he thinks cardio kickboxing counts as karate
Feb 11th 2013
he's not that racist, just an old bro-type douche is all.
Feb 11th 2013
What's the genesis of the Piazza/Clemens beef?
Feb 11th 2013
Piazza owned Clemens at the plate & that's how Roger reacts to adversity
Feb 11th 2013
See also Pedro Martinez/Jose Guillen
Feb 11th 2013
If you ask me, it was an interleague game, June 9th, 2000
Feb 11th 2013
      Excellent
Feb 11th 2013
      RE: If you ask me, it was an interleague game, June 9th, 2000
Feb 11th 2013
      Yeah, paid for by students though.
Feb 11th 2013
      this is some literary shit, Grantland worthy, I read it twice.
Feb 12th 2013
      Agreed.
Feb 12th 2013
           Thank you, sirs. n/m
Feb 12th 2013
                f'real. I got more entertainment from that story than anyone will
Feb 12th 2013
      amazing
Feb 12th 2013
Piazza's views on latin players was the reason those Dodger teams
Feb 11th 2013
never liked him, even as a Dodger
Feb 11th 2013
yeah he was the definitive pseudo superstar
Feb 12th 2013
The greatest hitting catcher of all time isn't pseudo anything.
Feb 12th 2013
Actually, his defensive "ineptitude" was always overstated
Feb 12th 2013
he didnt start handling pitchers well until he got to NY
Feb 12th 2013
Those are career numbers
Feb 12th 2013
RE: Those are career numbers
Feb 12th 2013
That was the way I saw it as well
Feb 13th 2013
he improved greatly handling his staff and he blocked the plate well
Feb 12th 2013
this is really off
Feb 12th 2013
      i think he took that chance to round out his game and get serious
Feb 12th 2013
he RAKED though
Feb 12th 2013
      we only had 1 maybe 2 decent teams while he was with us
Feb 13th 2013
           95 won the NL West
Feb 14th 2013
latin mafia type thing lmao
Feb 12th 2013
that goober dated the tool time chick? jeez.
Feb 12th 2013
he disses Vin Scully in his book too..
Feb 14th 2013
anyone who disses vin gets a kick in the balls
Feb 14th 2013
oh wow he fell to Jeff Kent levels of shit with that one
Feb 14th 2013

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2129337 Previous topic | Next topic