Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2625943

Subject: "Yea you're right. It's a lot of factors." Previous topic | Next topic
Brew
Member since Nov 23rd 2002
24605 posts
Sun Oct-15-17 07:24 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "Yea you're right. It's a lot of factors."
In response to In response to 0

Bigger, stronger, faster players. Performance enhancing ... substances. Whether legal or illegal the things these players put in their bodies these days make them harder-hitting than even 15-20 years ago.

I also think the transformation the NFL has experienced over the last several years, to a more finesse passing sport from a more mixed run/pass league has caused more injuries, ironically enough. I just think athletes chasing a ball in air at full speed, some focused on tackling, some on blocking, some on trying to catch the ball, lends itself to a lot more exposed body parts than defenders chasing a RB with a ball already in their hands. I worded that terribly but I hope I got across what I mean. There's just a lot more variables in the passing game leading to more injuries.

----------------------------------------

"Fuck aliens." © WarriorPoet415

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Seem like softer game gets, the more injuries [View all] , COOLEHMAGAZINE, Sun Oct-15-17 04:39 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
I'd love to see comparison data
Oct 16th 2017
it's a violent game.. you can't change enough rules to stop the injuries
Oct 16th 2017

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2625943 Previous topic | Next topic