Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #731537

Subject: "So who *should* direct a Star Wars movie?" Previous topic | Next topic
BigWorm
Charter member
10385 posts
Tue Sep-04-18 12:37 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"So who *should* direct a Star Wars movie?"

Yes, I didn't like the prequels.

I enjoyed The Force Awakens, but like many, thought it was very derivative, and more of a reboot/remake than a sequel.

Unlike many, I highly enjoyed The Last Jedi.

I honestly dozed off during about 15-20 of Solo. I would have preferred whatever version Lord & Miller were going to bring. Hell, instead of what we got, I would have preferred Channing Tatum as Solo and Jonah Hill as Chewbacca.

My question is: who could put life back into Star Wars? Who could 'right the ship'? More specifically, what director out there could successfully make the Star Wars fans that the diehard nerds will actually love?

I think for Episode 9 Abrams is going to play it safe, maybe backpedal from where Rian Johnson went with the story, and ultimately go through the motions and give us something on part with the Force Awakens. Aka: "Ok. This will do."

So who?

The Russo Brothers?
Coogler?
Denis Villaneuve?
Favreau?
Edgar Wright?
Whedon?
Ridley Scott?
James Gunn? (kidding)
Other?

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

So who *should* direct a Star Wars movie? [View all] , BigWorm, Tue Sep-04-18 12:37 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: So who *should* direct a Star Wars movie?
Sep 04th 2018
Sep 04th 2018
Life is worth fighting for
Sep 11th 2018
Dave Filoni
Sep 04th 2018
For the record, this is a false narrative.
Sep 04th 2018
Sep 04th 2018
Agreed
Sep 05th 2018
Denis Villaneuve
Sep 05th 2018
Considering the last guy fucking nailed it....him.
Sep 11th 2018
Brad Bird
Sep 20th 2018

Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #731537 Previous topic | Next topic