Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #658666

Subject: "Elizabeth Olsen as Scarlet Witch in Avengers 2 (link)" Previous topic | Next topic
Nick Has a Problem...Seriously
Member since Dec 25th 2010
16580 posts
Wed Aug-21-13 10:59 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Elizabeth Olsen as Scarlet Witch in Avengers 2 (link)"

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/08/20/scarlet-witch-casting-moved-on-to-elizabeth-olsen-after-saoirse-ronan-passed-on-avengers-2/

Posted on August 20, 2013 by Brendon Connelly

According to my sources, Saoirse Ronan has passed on the role of Wanda Maximoff, The Scarlet Witch, in The Avengers: Age of Ultron despite being, at some point or another, Joss Whedon‘s top pick for the role.

Unfazed, however, Whedon and Marvel then moved their attentions on to Elizabeth Olsen.

I always feel awkward reporting on these “second choice” moments, but then I remember how Harrison Ford probably hasn’t ever woken up in a cold sweat from a Tom Selleck nightmare and I feel a bit better about it.

Olsen is a great choice, I think, because she’s a pretty good choice for anything. The girl can act, she’s got charisma and she’s smart.

Now, the concept of Wanda that Whedon is playing with can’t incorporate the part of her comic book history where – surprise! – Magneto was revealed to be her father. He’s got everything else to pay with, however, not to mention whatever he can invent himself.

As I understand it, Olsen would need to adopt a “European” accent for the role, but that’s not such a big deal. Tougher will be standing her ground amidst an established cast of top-drawer actors and crowd pleasers that everybody in the audience already loves from the first Avengers film, not to mention their own pictures.

But then, she’s pretty darn likeable, and it’s reputedly a real scene-stealer of a part, so…

In short, I think it’s coming up roses for the Scarlet Witch. Now let’s see if Olsen ends up officially signed on…

Production on The Avengers: Age of Ultron should kick off in the first few weeks of 2014. We’ll next be seeing Olsen in Kill Your Darlings – for a few scenes anyway – Oldboy, Therese, and Godzilla.

Falcons, Braves, Bulldogs and Hawks

Geto Boys, Poison Clan, UGK, Eightball & MJG, OutKast, Goodie Mob

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Elizabeth Olsen as Scarlet Witch in Avengers 2 (link) [View all] , Nick Has a Problem...Seriously, Wed Aug-21-13 10:59 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
i'ma let you finish but Saoirse Ronan better
Aug 21st 2013
Olsen hotter though, so I can't be THAT mad, lol.
Aug 21st 2013
RE: Olsen hotter though, so I can't be THAT mad, lol.
Aug 22nd 2013
      Sheeeeit, I think she's hot.
Aug 22nd 2013
           RE: Sheeeeit, I think she's hot.
Aug 22nd 2013
Those eyes alone are killer.
Aug 21st 2013
Wat?--
Aug 21st 2013
Who should play Scarlet Witch in your opinion?
Aug 21st 2013
      lol this answer should be GREAT
Aug 22nd 2013
      Eva Amurri
Aug 22nd 2013
           A Winner is You (c) Pro Wrestling
Aug 22nd 2013
           thats a good choice--
Aug 22nd 2013
                as much as i love Christina Hendricks, she ain't in good enough shape
Aug 22nd 2013
                RE: thats a good choice--
Aug 22nd 2013
Why in the fuck were we worried about those coked out TWINS
Aug 21st 2013
wait, this is real? NO!! THANOS!! THEY PROMISED THANOS!!
Aug 22nd 2013
I think that was a lead in for GoTG
Aug 22nd 2013
      They're planting the seeds for a huge film to cap the Avengers trilogy
Aug 22nd 2013
           ...and i'm good
Aug 23rd 2013
licensing property to Fox is worst decision in marvel history
Aug 22nd 2013
the xmen would be too much--
Aug 22nd 2013
FF4 is really hosing things