Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #732492

Subject: "Do you think Brad Pitt is an A-lister based on his acting career." Previous topic | Next topic
obsidianchrysalis
Member since Jan 29th 2003
8763 posts
Wed Nov-07-18 02:37 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Do you think Brad Pitt is an A-lister based on his acting career."

After making that Joaquin / River Phoenix post, the thought that River could have something like Brad Pitt's career came to mind.

Then I looked at Brad's iMDB and noticed that he's never really had a big, blockbuster which he was the lead actor. I guess you could count Se7en but that made just over 100M. 100M is the baseline for a blockbuster, at least at that time, but it's not like he was pulling in Ahnuld or Bruce Willis box office.

Don't me wrong. He has a schtick but he's a really good character actor and has done a great job of choosing roles which showcase his talents. (at least to me.)

But he isn't bankable like some of his peers like Johnny Depp, Eddie, and Jim Carrey.

He's a rare A-lister who isn't a perpetual Oscar machine or a big-time box office draw.

He's actually turned into a better filmmaker as a producer than he is / was as an actor.

Interesting.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Do you think Brad Pitt is an A-lister based on his acting career. [View all] , obsidianchrysalis, Wed Nov-07-18 02:37 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Brad is a big time box office draw.
Nov 07th 2018
Brad will always get props from me for Snatch
Nov 07th 2018
Snatch is one of my top five, and Brad was excellent in it.
Nov 07th 2018
Cuz can act and he’s made big hits
Nov 07th 2018
Sleepers is a classic
Nov 08th 2018
He's a beast...has one of the best careers of our lifetime...
Nov 08th 2018
He's not an action star
Nov 08th 2018
That boy good.
Nov 08th 2018

Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #732492 Previous topic | Next topic