Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2996674

Subject: "So Moses Sumney's full-length is finally out..." Previous topic | Next topic
theeraser
Member since Feb 11th 2007
7218 posts
Sun Oct-15-17 07:02 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"So Moses Sumney's full-length is finally out..."

Thoughts?

On the one hand, I love listening to him, generally like his style, and he has one of the best voices in the world, period.

On the other hand, album feels very slight, given how long the wait for it was --11 tracks, 35 minutes. And one of them, Plastic, has been out in various versions for years; another, Lonely World, had a version released on his Lamentations EP last year. Worse, though, too many of these tracks barely sound like songs. Take Make Out in My Car - it's basically one phrase repeated for two and a half minutes, while the admittedly gorgeous production pulses around it.

I still really like him as an artist, but given my expectations this feels like a real disappointment.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

So Moses Sumney's full-length is finally out... [View all] , theeraser, Sun Oct-15-17 07:02 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
I really like it
Oct 15th 2017
I mean, here's the tracklist with run times...
Oct 19th 2017
      I see what you mean
Oct 19th 2017
I think it's excellent
Oct 16th 2017
the mix of Plastic on here is over done
Oct 18th 2017
RE: the mix of Plastic on here is over done
Oct 19th 2017
Got my Vinyl Me Please copy over the weekend
Oct 19th 2017

Lobby The Lesson topic #2996674 Previous topic | Next topic