Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2995789

Subject: "Thinking about all the Purple Players... who would u like 2 c 2gether?" Previous topic | Next topic
supablak
Charter member
7795 posts
Thu Sep-21-17 12:45 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Thinking about all the Purple Players... who would u like 2 c 2gether?"

Swear to Gah I only wrote out the subject like that for spatial issues.

Anywhoo...'sup, y'all?

Just stumbled across a video of Andre Cymone on YouTube covering Bowie's "Heroes", and thought for some reason, "it'd be dope if Jesse was backing him up on this".

Which lead to the thought of Morris playing drums and how little if any of that has ever been seen in the past 37 years.

Well..fuck it, I'mma say it: I don't want to see the Prince-less Revolution or the NPG, straight up. No thanks. Not saying I don't value those musicians, I most certainly do.
But instead of seeing them coasting on the elephant in the room, I'd rather see them stretch out in oddball factions (like when Count Basie would go make a weird album on Pablo with I don't know pull a name out of a hat...
But like, think about that dividing line between classic era P and 90's P when folks were trying to get them solo careers started, but...well...NOW.

What would Morris Day on drums, Morris Hayes on keys, Levi Seacer on bass, Jesse on guitar and Jill Jones sound like together?

Or...Matt Fink, Sheila E, MonoNeon, and Eric Leeds?

You dig?

Like seeing Colossus in Deadpool, but hardly in the X-Men movies.
What would work vibe wise with this universe of talent outside of the norm?
Everybody alive is in play?

What y'all got?

s.blak
...2 the 9's

keep: looking,searching,seeking,finding

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Thinking about all the Purple Players... who would u like 2 c 2gether? [View all] , supablak, Thu Sep-21-17 12:45 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Morris Day on drums, Andre Cymone on bass, Jesse Johnson on
Sep 21st 2017
RE: Morris Day on drums, Andre Cymone on bass, Jesse Johnson on
Sep 21st 2017
      As an old man, I just like OG's - Morris, Andre
Sep 21st 2017
RE: Thinking about all the Purple Players... who would u like 2 c 2gethe...
Sep 21st 2017
That's actually a pretty sick line up.
Sep 21st 2017
*paisley barf* NO, NOT LIKE THIS!!!
Sep 22nd 2017

Lobby The Lesson topic #2995789 Previous topic | Next topic