Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2972278

Subject: "See Bjork Talk Utopian New Album Inspiration as Live Avatar - RS swipe" Previous topic | Next topic
c71
Member since Jan 15th 2008
13989 posts
Thu Sep-01-16 02:55 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"See Bjork Talk Utopian New Album Inspiration as Live Avatar - RS swipe"

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/see-bjork-talk-utopian-new-album-inspiration-as-live-avatar-w437474

See Bjork Talk Utopian New Album Inspiration as Live Avatar

"I think it's important to be determined about the light, to be intentional about it," she says

https://www.facebook.com/bjork/videos/10154448402851460/

By Althea Legaspi

Björk appeared as a live avatar for a press conference during a preview for her Björk Digital exhibit at London's Somerset House on Wednesday. The feat was accomplished with the use of live motion capture technology and was rendered in real time using a Unity 3D game engine.

While in her native Reykjavík, Iceland, Björk wore an XSens inertial motion capture suit, which then streamed data to a computer running 3D character animation software in London where her avatar appeared.

In a clip from the press Q&A, she was asked about her thoughts on utopia, a concept she has said will be more representative of her next album versus the darker Vulnicura.

Her avatar gave the appearance of an ethereal, colorful nymph, who mirrored her movements as she answered. During the Q&A she said both pessimists and utopians have valid points to make, but the former end up "actually attracting a lot of dark stuff and surrounding themselves with a lot of black mud in every sense of the word." Meanwhile, the optimists and utopians have "a little bit more chance, if you focus on the light, after a while all the seeds you've sown have become plants that you might be surrounded by fertility and light."

"I think it's important to be determined about the light, to be intentional about it. I think I'm a little bit like that," she said.

The traveling, interactive Björk Digital exhibit features several VR videos of songs from Vulnicura. It premiered in Sydney, Australia before its run in Tokyo, Japan. The exhibit will be at Somerset House from September 1st through October 23rd.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

See Bjork Talk Utopian New Album Inspiration as Live Avatar - RS swipe [View all] , c71, Thu Sep-01-16 02:55 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
New album coming out soon - preorders available - spin swipe
Aug 02nd 2017
For whatever reason, she's fallen off of my radar
Aug 02nd 2017
Did you check out her Vulnicura album from 2015?
Aug 03rd 2017
Yeah Vulnicura is dope, her best since Vespertine
Aug 03rd 2017
No, maybe I heard a song or two but not the whole albums
Aug 04th 2017
Homogenic gave me a false impression.
Aug 03rd 2017
      My idea of her career is similar to yours
Aug 04th 2017
           i'm not trying to hear her doing an hour of traditional Iceland yawn hym...
Aug 07th 2017
Bjork on Her New Record: “It’s Like My Tinder Album” - Spin swipe
Aug 03rd 2017
Can't wait
Aug 04th 2017
yeh Vulnicura was great, especially the first half
Aug 06th 2017
Björk Says Her New Album Is Called Utopia - Spin swipe
Sep 15th 2017
Björk: The Gate
Sep 18th 2017
Bjork was my favorite, now I find her unlistenable.
Sep 18th 2017
Björk’s December 1997 HomogenicCover Story: The Outer Limits - spin
Sep 22nd 2017
Interesting read
Sep 22nd 2017
Björk: The Icelandic superstar unravels her Utopia - factmag swipe
Nov 25th 2017
Ugh...this record is driving me crazy
Nov 25th 2017

Lobby The Lesson topic #2972278 Previous topic | Next topic