Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2959631

Subject: "CREATING A NEW ERA OF SOUL MUSIC: HONORING THE SOULQUARIANS"" Previous topic | Next topic
MeshaMeesh
Member since Jan 06th 2014
842 posts
Tue Mar-15-16 02:53 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"CREATING A NEW ERA OF SOUL MUSIC: HONORING THE SOULQUARIANS""

From Blavity

http://blavity.com/creating-a-new-era-of-soul-music-honoring-the-

"I want to pay my respects to the Soulquarians who kept soul music alive for gen x-ers and millennials. I appreciate their ability to bring us music that made us feel proud to be black, while also comforting us in times of our struggles to embrace our blackness. I am forever grateful to the collective for sharing their life experiences and empowering me to pursue higher consciousness.
For those who have forgotten about this musical collective that emerged in the late ’90s and progressed throughout the early ’00s, the Soulquarians played a pivotal role in reviving the soul music genre for a whole new generation of music enthusiasts.

Channeling their soulful musical predecessors such as Earth, Wind & Fire, Al Green, Donny Hathaway, Marvin Gaye and Aretha Franklin; the Soulquarians used their artistic visions to heighten the awareness of the black struggle. Composed of musical geniuses with impactful instrumentalists, vocalists and lyricists; it was inevitable that the collective would produce groundbreaking albums.

Their sound was comparable to the robust flavors of good ol’ soul food, soothing the taste buds with each song. It was truly an honor to be able to witness this brilliant artistry. I understood the value of their music, even though I was only an adolescent during the time. The Soulquarians will be forever immortalized in my psyche as a reminder that music has the power to transcend institutional barriers.
Don’t worry, though — I got the antidote to your amnesia of just how instrumental the Soulquarians were in catapulting a new era of soul music. These are the albums that stimulated me the most, which were born out of the collective."

And you can read the rest is on their website

https://twitter.com/MeeshUniVerSoul
https://instagram.com/soul.con.fusion/

"She was on that tip about stoppin' the violence
About my people she was teachin' me
By not preaching to me, but speaking to me
In a method that was leisurely"

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

CREATING A NEW ERA OF SOUL MUSIC: HONORING THE SOULQUARIANS" [View all] , MeshaMeesh, Tue Mar-15-16 02:53 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: CREATING A NEW ERA OF SOUL MUSIC: HONORING THE SOULQUARIANS"
Mar 15th 2016
Happy Soulquarian season lol
Jan 20th 2018
check out this dope vid.
Jan 30th 2018
It was okay.
Jan 30th 2018
      Yeah, It's like an espresso shot
Jan 31st 2018
I wonder if 15 is doing something SoulQuarian Sessions like?
Jan 31st 2018

Lobby The Lesson topic #2959631 Previous topic | Next topic