Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2958931

Subject: "They are so thorough.....I kept crossing paths with them" Previous topic | Next topic
c71
Member since Jan 15th 2008
13991 posts
Tue Mar-08-16 02:10 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "They are so thorough.....I kept crossing paths with them"
In response to In response to 0

I was at Tower Records in the village in the early 90's when "Afrodiasic" was about to be released and I saw a stage being set up in the store for a performance.

So I saw one of the brothers with an acoustic guitar. I asked him who was about to play. He said The Veldt. I started singing "where do we go from here? where do we go from hereeeeeeeeeeeeee?" the hook from the Veldt song "Tinsel town" that I knew from the "Strange vibrations from the Hardcore" Black Rock Coalition radio show playing that song enough for me to be a fan of it.

They were like "where do you know us from?" I told them about the radio show. They were like, "oh, yeah, that." They were doing an acoustic show so I don't think I stuck around.

The next time I came across them when I went to a show in 1996 I was supposed to be going there with Cammile Goodison, a writer who worked on the Black Rock Coalition magazine "Ravers" the issue after the one I worked on (but Cammile couldn't go for some reason). I was pretty unhappy but when the Veldt came on, whoa, I didn't expect to be blown away like that.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Black Shoegaze Pioneers The Veldt [View all] , mackmike, Tue Mar-08-16 11:17 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: They are so thorough.....I kept crossing paths with them
Mar 08th 2016
      yeah, that show, they lit that place up
Mar 08th 2016
Thanks!
Mar 09th 2016
I'm seeing them in concert May 9th at Webster Hall
May 02nd 2016
Love at first hate - 1998