Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2900579

Subject: "RE: Yes.But..." Previous topic | Next topic
Brownsugar
Charter member
9491 posts
Thu Sep-11-14 03:54 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
7. "RE: Yes.But..."
In response to In response to 6

You have mentioned some things that would be very important for anyone that would want to do another Soul Train classic show to consider. I will try to respond to the best of my ability about this subject...

>What I meant was, do people really "dance" anymore like they
>did on Soul Train in years past to the point that it would be
>visually interesting to the viewers at home?

***Well, it doesn't seem to me that a lot of young Black people are into dancing like they were back in those days but there are some very talented dancers out there, Black & White. I saw some very talented black guys dancing on the Jerry Springer show and they really had it all together and they were excellent, very entertaining dancers. What about the Michael Jackson impersonators??? Some of them are very good and their performances are very entertaining. I also believe that free-style would work better than professional dancers just like they did in the 1970's Soul Train episodes. To me the older episodes were raw and more classic than the newer episodes. Yes, I think they could find some amazing dancers right off of the streets !!!

>I was just
>wondering if they'd have people on the show doing the nae nae;
>grinding and twerking.
> I wonder what a "soul train line" would look like in 2014.

As far as making a classic show, one that will stand the test of time, I think there should be very little to no twerking and booty bouncing because one day these girls and women may become more classy and it might look really stupid later on, maybe 20 years from now. I think the Soul Train line would work, people still do the Soul Train line at parties, I have even heard that they do Soul Train lines in other countries...Yeah, I think the Soul Train line could work !!!

>"They" already fronted on the inclusion of the scrabble board.
>How lame would "the suits" of 2014 make this show?

***The scrabble board??? I think that could be workable...I really see nothing wrong with having a scrabble board with Miguel, R. Kelly, Rick Ross, just to name a few. As far as, "the suits", I am assuming that you mean the clothes??? If the show has classic quality, the clothes that they wear will not matter. No one really wants to dress like the 1970's Soul Train dancers unless they are at a '70's party, but Soul Train is still a classic !!!
>
>I wonder how people would respond to the lip sync aspect now
>in 2014?

***I think they should try to keep it live, if performers can perform live on stage, they should be able to do this in a new Soul Train setting...

>Also, for me, I never felt those other host after Don.
>Who'd be your picks for host (aside from ?uest, who'd be my
>pick)?

***For some reason, after Don left the show, it seemed to turn to something different but I think that was because, the raw talent was gone and they did start to incorporate more hoochie & sexual type dancing and even the female outfits became more provocative and sexual and I think that took away from the quality of the show. I have really thought about this question and aside from ?uest, I think Justin Timberlake would be the next best candidate, but with the name "Soul Train", ?uest or some other Black host for the simple reason that a lot of people might wonder how can they call the show, "Soul Train" with a White person as the host. Justin Timberlake could be the co-host to even things out because as I said in the original post, I don't think African Americans can pull the show on their own because of loss of soul through the years. Back in those days, music and dancing was pretty much or mainly all that we had. Now blacks have become more versatile in most industries in society so dancing is not a priority as it was back in those days. Back then, even people that was not great dancers felt pressure to at least know how to do a few dances in order to be accepted in their circle of friends. Other races of people seem to put more into soul music and dancing and would have to be a significant source for a new Soul train show.

Through the years, priorities amongst Black people have changed and a lot of quality has been lost as far as soul music and dancing is concerned. In these years, money has become top-priority and musical performing and quality has been lost. A lot of Blacks in the music industry don't really care what they say on a song, for instance..."Hanna Montana, Hanna Montana, Hanna Montana..." (c)Gucci Mane...and the boy & other Black performers like him gets paid top $$$'s for this kind of stuff and then there is the twerk dancers and ass-shakers, you get more ass in your face than true talent. It's okay but there is no true quality.

Like I said, to make a new Soul Train show that will be a classic will take a WHOLE LOT of time and thought, I really wish it could happen though !!!

I LUV ALL A' Y'ALL!!! !!!

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

DO YOU THINK THERE COULD EVER BE ANOTHER SOUL TRAIN SHOW??? [View all] , Brownsugar, Sun Sep-07-14 03:21 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: DO YOU THINK THERE COULD EVER BE ANOTHER SOUL TRAIN SHOW???
Sep 08th 2014
I thought ?uest was working on developing something like it?
Sep 08th 2014
I guess ?love would be the perfect candidate for...
Sep 08th 2014
But what would they do tho?
Sep 10th 2014
R U talking 'bout Soul Train???...
Sep 10th 2014
      Yes.But...
Sep 10th 2014

106 and park is the new soul train
Sep 11th 2014
Not to me...
Sep 12th 2014
people don't dance no mo...all they do is disssssss