Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2831765

Subject: "I loved 85% of the album but from a commercial standpoint that style" Previous topic | Next topic
micMajestic
Charter member
22938 posts
Tue Aug-13-13 01:13 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "I loved 85% of the album but from a commercial standpoint that style"
In response to In response to 0

was played out. And honestly as someone from Harlem I'd say his whole presentation was somewhat dated. Fatigues and tims were over, the crack game was drying up, Harlem was becoming more gentrified etc etc.
I think it's similar to how Game presents himself as a representative of Compton, but most of his Compton related imagery is dated.
Also it's worth noting that Cam had a fallout with his main producer (and supposed "Diplomats/Dipset" co-founder) Digga after that album was released, so that contributed to the change in sound.

There's a few ill b-side & mixtape joints from that era to check out if you liked SDE.

That's Me Pt.2 Freestyle ft. McGruff
Hate Music ft. Juelz
Maria The Hoe ft. Juelz
Gimme Some Head (the OG version of "What Means the World to You")
What Means The World to You remix ft. Luda/Trina/UGK
What My Niggas Want ft. Busta Rhymes
I Don't Like You ft. Charli Barltimore (it's corny but hilarious)
Stan Freestyle (dissing Stan Spit)
Good Morning America ft. some wack Dame Grease affiliated niggas

One thing that never gets talked about is how Juelz flipped his style between that period as well. Juelz sounds like a burnt out pothead on SDE. But when Cam re-appeared on the scene Juelz was spitting a lot more excitedly and his mic presence had increased dramatically. Maybe he started smoking a different strain of weed, lol.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Did the failure of SDE change Cam'Ron's rhyme style? [View all] , Nick Has a Problem...Seriously, Tue Aug-13-13 10:36 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
That's a perfect comparison
Aug 13th 2013
      lol. It's crazy that he's been so successful in spite of that fact
Aug 14th 2013
           It's because people still have a fascination with that era
Aug 14th 2013

Lobby The Lesson topic #2831765 Previous topic | Next topic