Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2807959

Subject: "It's Paul Wellers Birthday today so here's my mix of his from a few .." Previous topic | Next topic
Ally Al 2003
Member since Oct 02nd 2003
10529 posts
Sat May-25-13 06:28 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"It's Paul Wellers Birthday today so here's my mix of his from a few .."

years ago

http://allyal3.podomatic.com/entry/2010-09-29T00_03_56-07_00

foreword :-

Howdy Listeners

Hope all is well in your worlds. I've been meaning to do this mix for a while, but the inspiration came from reading Paolo Hewitts 'The Changing Man'. The book doesn't always paint PW in the best of lights but this is Mr Hewitts version of events, Weller may tell a different story. It's a fascinating read and well worth your coin. I've no doubt Weller has his moments but then again don't we all? At the end of it I still thought I'd love to go out for a pint or three with him and listen to some of the stories he's amassed over the last 35 years. For me Weller is one of the finest arstists England has ever produced and I don't think this can credibly be questioned especially if you factor in The Jam and The Style Council, legend!

When I was first putting this mix together it was meant to cover the whole period as a solo artist; from 91 to present day. Then I realised that would be impossible to do, so decided to go with the first four solo albums: Paul Weller, Wild Wood, Stanley Road and Heavy Soul. Again this was a massive task to try and fit all the songs I wanted into one cd fillable mix, but i got there in the end. There will obviously be a part 2, from this period, to follow. The mix also includes some b-sides, remixes and live versions as well as singles and album tracks. I think there's something here for the casual listener and avid fan.

If you've never heard Paul Wellers solo material and you're not quite sure what to expect from this mix I'd probably label it RockySoulyFolkyFunkyGospelly and always quality, all killer no filler

So without foither ado please enjoy

HEAVY SOUL prt 1 (Paul Weller 1991/97)

tracklisting

Heavy Soul prt 1
Out of Sinking
Sunflower
Clues
Whirlpool's End
Kosmos
Kosmos (Lynch Mob Bonus Beats)
Instrumental prt 1
Another New Day
Fly On The Wall
Wings of Speed
Bitterness Rising
Times Passes
Steam (Edit)
Into Tomorrow
Bull-Rush/ Magic Bus
At The Foot of the Mountain (AllyAl edit)
So You Want to be a Dancer ?
Has My Fire Really Gone Out ?
Shadow of the Sun

nice one. all comments welcomed

NEW PRINCE MIX : SHUT UP, ALREADY, JAM !!

http://allyal3.podOmatic.com

Check Mixcloud Also >> http://www.mixcloud.com/AllyAl3000/

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

It's Paul Wellers Birthday today so here's my mix of his from a few .. [View all] , Ally Al 2003, Sat May-25-13 06:28 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
nice
May 25th 2013
most welcome man, enjoy !
May 25th 2013

Lobby The Lesson topic #2807959 Previous topic | Next topic