Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2734952

Subject: "P Funk/ Parliament/ Funkadelic mix" Previous topic | Next topic
nkulish e bulish
Member since May 17th 2007
97 posts
Mon Aug-27-12 04:10 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"P Funk/ Parliament/ Funkadelic mix"

I need help, maybe someone will remember. A couple of years ago probably in 2006/7 someone posted a P Funk mix with songs from the different P Funk acts.

At the time of posting the mix, I had not done my own 'research' on P Funk and that mix helped immensely in introducing me to P.Funk. The tracks stayed in my head even after I had lost the mix during a computer crash I had.

Since then I have managed to collect all the Funkadelic albums and the best of Parliament (Tear the Roof off). Its always nice when listening to the records to hear a song that was included in the P Funk mix and I would like to track down that list. I have tried searching the boards and nothing comes up, I also suspect that my searching skills are not that fly.

I will list some of the songs that I remember off by heart from that mix.

- Eddie Hazel - California Dreaming
- Bootsy Collins - I'd rather be with you (live)
- Brides of Funkestein - ??
- Funkadelic - You scared the Lovin Outta me
- Funkadelic - The song is familiar (i think it was there)
- Parliament - Funkin for Fun
- Parliament - All your goodies are gone
- Funkadelic - Maggot Brain (i think it was on the mix).

If anyone remembers this mix, please assist, or if there are P Funk heads up in the boards perhaps can help by putting up their playlist of favorite P Funk songs, I would appreciate that very much especially the material from Parliament/Brides/Horny Horns/Bootsy and other associated acts.

Much obliged.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

P Funk/ Parliament/ Funkadelic mix [View all] , nkulish e bulish, Mon Aug-27-12 04:10 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: P Funk/ Parliament/ Funkadelic mix
Sep 01st 2012
RE: P Funk/ Parliament/ Funkadelic mix
Sep 03rd 2012

Lobby The Lesson topic #2734952 Previous topic | Next topic