Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2705786

Subject: "amidst aLL the Lupe/Pete Rock, this PR's hardest beat &resoLution idea" Previous topic | Next topic
judono
Member since Nov 11th 2004
4417 posts
Sun Jun-03-12 11:15 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"amidst aLL the Lupe/Pete Rock, this PR's hardest beat &resoLution idea"

yaLL remember this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBCq-Z08OEs

but amidst aLL that Lupe/PR back and forth (i reaLLy wish Lupe wouLda just rapped over the originaL version of TROY w/ PR getting the production credit---), this track, in my opinion, is one of the hardest PR beats ever. and i Like him rhyming on the Last verse. he shouLda rhymed on more joints back in the day. respect to pete.

so whiLe you're Listening to and enjoying the hiphop throwback joint of the day, heres an idea i have for Lupe/PR/and hiphop unity:

it might be a good Look for both sides : if Lupe just went and chiLLed with PR for a few days in NYC--- he went thru some of PR's stash of beats--- picked one--- and if they just did an ITunes excLusive singLe together. I know PR got hundreds and hundreds of beats in the stash--- and i know Lupe wouLd some dope on one of them. record the whoLe event on video documentary styLe, show the behind the scenes coLLab process - - studio footage, etc--- record the song, and put it on itunes. Put the youtube video's up of the NYC trip footage--- and Let Sway from Sway & Tech do the worLd premier on his radio show. it'd be entertaining for the oLd schooL hiphop fans, it'd be entertaining for the young generation, and it's a good Look of respect for hiphop and the cuLture in generaL. it'd aLso cLear up any sour feeLings between the Legend and the young vet. it'd be a reaL good Look.

* * * * =========
* * * * =========
* * * * =========
==============
==============

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Lobby The Lesson topic #2705786 Previous topic | Next topic