Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2874178

Subject: "My favorite album" Previous topic | Next topic
kajsidog
Charter member
2702 posts
Sun Mar-09-14 08:33 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
6. "My favorite album"
In response to In response to 0

And according to the following theory it should always be.

"I have a theory that everyone’s all-time favorite album is one they heard during their formative music listening years (usually between age 15 and 25) and Blood Sugar falls right in the middle of that zone for me. There’s just something about how your brain works when you are that age which you can never reproduce later in life. You enjoy music now, but you were shaped by it then."
http://www.mikeindustries.com/blog/archive/2012/05/the-making-of-blood-sugar-sex-magik

Despite how dark the album gets in the end the character would find a way. Love that idea every time. I also love that I can still hear new things in there. Anytime I get new speakers/headphones it's one of the first things to play just to see what new may pop. The imagery and style of everything is just really cool. Friends that saw NIN last year lamented the loss of aggressive angry Trent even though that period was such a brief part of NIN. (Broken, Downward & Natural Born Killers) This album was so huge that even when he puts out a double disk of instrumental calm music he's only thought of as March of the Pigs Trent. Downward Spiral's many quiet moments make the rock moments seem larger than life.

NIN is the rare act who I'll buy anything (albums & singles) they put out. The Roots are also on this short list along with Marilyn Manson (full lengths only and even then Mr Manson's on shaky terms.) Outkast fell off this list after Idlewild. (Not that it matters since nothing's been out since.)

See ya, JAK
http://www.staugustinepics.com/

Winner of OKP Second Photo Kontest
Pic #6 http://www.tha-renaissance.com/effstop/kontest2

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

The Downward Spiral Turns 20 (link) [View all] , Nick Has a Problem...Seriously, Fri Mar-07-14 01:34 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
I loved how much of a concept record it was
Mar 07th 2014
Never picked up on this
Mar 09th 2014
I give him credit for making a good concept album, but I disagree with
Mar 07th 2014
He admits as such though
Mar 07th 2014
      why is a multi-platinum artist exempt from that sort of criticism?
Mar 08th 2014
           It doesn't matter
Mar 08th 2014
                yea, I suppose its sad.
Mar 09th 2014
                Art verses commerce is always an all or nothing proposition in music
Mar 09th 2014
                     This is a joke, right?
Mar 10th 2014

Lobby The Lesson topic #2874178 Previous topic | Next topic