Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2842002

Subject: "recently, these are the ones i think are ridiculous:" Previous topic | Next topic
DonWonJusuton
Member since Jun 28th 2003
3027 posts
Thu Sep-19-13 01:29 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "recently, these are the ones i think are ridiculous:"
In response to In response to 0

Covert Coup (w/ Curren$y) - one of my favorite hip hop projects in recent years... imo, this is the best combo of MC and producer out of all of these. Listening to this in the whip is blissful.. Alc destroyed it. the beats are next level w/o being out of control... Curren$y is Curren$y on this, but in a totally different environment (like some alternate universe type shit) and i think it's prob. the beginning of his "mean streak" style of rapping.. Oh and if you're not already a fan of Freddie Gibbs, his verse on "Scottie Pippens" will make you one..

Russian Roulette - i still can't understand why this hasn't gotten more attention/acclaim.. i think the format is wild.. just an ongoing flow of beats, samples and excerpts w/ rhymes by various artists sprinkled in throughout... def. a "listen in one sitting"/"don't worry about when one track ends and another begins" type of project... shit's a ridiculous whirlwind of an album..

Rare Chandeliers (w/ Action Bronson) - prob. my favorite Bronson project front to back... has a 70s type feel to it almost... not one subpar beat on the whole thing... you can kinda hear some remnants from Russian Roulette on this one too..

Albert Einstein (w/ Prodigy) - probably the most straight-forward *beats* out of these 5.. shit's just a banger from beginning to end.. I wouldn't say Prodigy "rips it".. but he definitely holds it down like you'd expect a professional vet to do.

No Idols (w/ Domo Genesis) - stripped down, sparse, dark beats on this one... the production carries the project.. Domo Genesis doesn't sell me at all on this project, but the production is pretty flawless... seems like this would've worked better to put someone's lyrics/flow on display, but it's solid regardless...

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Can we get a list going of Alchemists projects/collabs? [View all] , Madvillain 626, Thu Sep-19-13 12:06 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Also, the Durag Dynasty album is pretty damn ill
Sep 19th 2013
His recent work with Evidence
Sep 19th 2013
RE: Can we get a list going of Alchemists projects/collabs?
Sep 19th 2013

Lobby The Lesson topic #2842002 Previous topic | Next topic